5 replies to this topic

#1 missionaryman101

missionaryman101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:41 PM

After reading the previous topic (about cutting out milk and seeing improvement), does anyone think that maybe acne is some sort of reaction to something in the environment, lifestyle or diet?? I mean I have asthma and take medication, and im allergic to dairy, and I get acne (moderate/severe)... And some people by cutting out dairy or somethign else see improvement... does anyone have any allergies here? Im thinking of doing one of those allergy tests that reveal what ur allergic to, and see if anyone of that is in my diet.... acne might just be a reaction to an allergy like a rash or something, who knows

#2 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2004 - 03:09 PM

One of the main culprits of asthma is dairy.

#3 skye

skye

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:biking, cooking, reading, hiking

Posted 25 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

I know that my acne is related to allergies. Although I never had any known allergies til I moved to Texas.

I talked to a doctor about it once and he told me it was totally normal to break out when you're sick because your immune system is stressed. Well, when you're being attacked by allergens and your bodies having to fight them off it seems logical that you'd break out then too.

Also, I get what seems like breakouts but is really more of a type of rash from dustmites in my bedding. It's a constant battle for me to keep them under control so I can avoid breakouts.

#4 mandy97

mandy97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 11:56 AM

hi

i have been in new york city for 2 years. the first year my eczema was bad, and the second i got acne and eczema. obviously the air quality here sucks. but i was also under lots of stress. i lived in different regions and didnt have acne, but eczema once in a while. places where the air is dry have been hard on my skin. just a thought.

Paula

#5 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:02 PM

obviously the air quality here sucks.

Yeah I can't explain it either. I went to China where the air quality is WRETCHED yet, I was clear! :-k They oughta do a study where they fly acne sufferers around the world to see which places aggravates their conditions. North America will probably be suspect #1.

Any volunteers??? user posted image ME ME ME!!!!!!!! Travel time!

#6 mandy97

mandy97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:24 PM

hey

i forgot to mention that i went to the allergist for nasal allergies and asked him about my acne. i am allergic to a lot of fruits. he said that if you have a food allergy a reaction will happen within 15 minutes. and i know diet affects my acne because carrots have a lot of sugar and when i eat them my face becomes red (acne gets inflamed too)

P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users