Photo

If no connection then...why all the supplements, etc?

vitamin vitamins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:42 PM

For all those who claim that there is no connection between acne and diet, then why are there SO many out there taking B5 as a supplement? Yes you may argue that you're taking it as a medication, but B5 is simple water-soluble vitamin. It also exists in: Liver and kidney. Nuts. Wheat bran. Wheatgerm. Free range eggs. Meat. Poultry. Molasses. Oats. Barley. Wheatflakes. Beans. Wholemeal bread. Green vegetables.

Technically, if you eat enough of this in your diet (5000 mg is it?...which is a whoooole lot), then you can get all the B5 you need to help "cure" your acne.
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

B5 isnt used as a diet supplement. Its used in the same form as say accutane or any of the other acne fightign pills.

#3 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:46 PM

But Pantothetic Acid is available OTC, plus, you can find it in foods. You can't find accutane in the same way. Which is why there is a diet connection in some cases.

#4 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:48 PM

[Delete]

#5 duluxdog

duluxdog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2004 - 03:06 AM

the amount of B5 in those foods are minimal. It's impossible to get near the amount you need to do the B5 regimen just by eating

#6 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2004 - 07:03 AM

I know that it's very impractical to try to eat all those foods in order to get the amount of B5 required. But I'm just saying...technically...it's possible. Which lies at least one-connection to diet.

If any more true studies are to be conducted, they can't be based on placeboes etc. I heard that's what the previous studies were based on. It would make more sense for pharmaceutical companies to say that foods don't cause acne.

Whoever thinks that the Western Civilized world is more interested in curing people of a (somewhat harmless) disease than gaining profits really needs to think about it. :-k

#7 sullen girl

sullen girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:26 AM

yea jc i totally agree.. i noticed a DEFINITE SIGNIFICANT difference while on b5.. hell, if that one vitaminn can work those kind of wonders, imagine what actually changing the other stuff u put in your body can do? people dont wanna believe that diet can impact acne in certain people, but ive also heard stories about people cutting out sugar and totally clearing their skin.. Doctors and dermatologists say diet doesn't cause acne because they can't sell you a healthy diet.
Posted Image

#8 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:42 PM

I agree. Personally speaking, I have yet to find my achilles heel. I believe that I can pretty much eat anything and still get (or not get) acne. Thing is, I fail to believe that there are no foods out there that can't help us. Hence...our connection to the diet world.

Detoxing and cleansing our systems has to do with diet too y'know? It's THE best thing we can do for our skin.

#9 Philey-O-Fish

Philey-O-Fish

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:17 AM

Accutane can be found in eggs.

#10 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:40 AM

Really?? I thought that Accutane was the medicinal name for the drug and not a component. :-k #-o