Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long after taking Doxycyline can I eat Dairy, and also question on vitamins...

4 posts in this topic

I've read I can't have dairy two hours before and after taking Doxycycline. I've also read THREE hours. So which is it? I actually didn't know I couldn't have dairy until just today... My doctor and pharmacist never told me, and it didn't say anything on the bottle about it so... weird lol. I've been drinking a protein shake for breakfast right after taking it. Over 50 grams of whey protein right there lol. A quarter-gram of calcium is also in it, IIRC. I

Also, it says not to take vitamins with it. Well, just what IS a vitamin, anyway? I take three L-arganine tablets with my Doxycyline. It has no calcium in it. No minerals, it's just an amino acid supplement. Is this considered a vitamin?

I'm not really sure, but I don't think it's harmful to you to have dairy with the doxycycline.

When I got mine, although it did say not to have dairy within 1 hour before you take it or 2 hours after, I think that the dairy just decreases the effectiveness of the medicine or something?

Because it also says that if taking the doxyyclycline upsets your stomach, to take it with a glass of milk.

Other then that, I think you just have to wait 2 hours after taking it to have dairy, and one hour before taking it.

I have no idea about the vitamin thing, but if you call your pharmacy they'll tell you.

whey protein is made of milk ..and milk is linked to getting acne i believe