Photo

I need some reccomendations for a good water filter.....

3 replies to this topic

#1 RebeccaDeWinter

RebeccaDeWinter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

I've been using bottled water and I realized I need to stop being lazy and install a filter to save money and be less rude to the environment. Any recs for a good one though? I'd probably like to put it on my kitchen sink so I can wash my vegetables there too. I've been washing my vegetables with non-filtered water, gasp=)
My skin is clear for the most part. I do have some blackheads and I also break out a bit along my jawline. It's definitely not perfect, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm resigned to the slight problem I have with blackheads, but I would like to see less on the jawline (probably hormonal?). My skin is very pale and my pimples leave little red marks that last quite a while, so it can look like I have more pimples than I actually do (which is frustrating).

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

I bought the Aquasana as something that wasn't too expensive and is better with longer lasting filters than ones like Britta and Pur, making it cheaper to use over a year's time.

If you want the flouride out, you need reverse osmosis which are usually expensive, but I found these after I bought the aquasana:

http://www.purewater.....uoride Series

http://www.thewatere...ter-filters.htm

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 RebeccaDeWinter

RebeccaDeWinter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (alternativista @ Aug 11 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought the Aquasana as something that wasn't too expensive and is better with longer lasting filters than ones like Britta and Pur, making it cheaper to use over a year's time.

If you want the flouride out, you need reverse osmosis which are usually expensive, but I found these after I bought the aquasana:

http://www.purewater.....uoride Series

http://www.thewatere...ter-filters.htm

Thanks, which Aquasana did you get, the complete, basic, or deluxe? And you only need to buy one a year?
My skin is clear for the most part. I do have some blackheads and I also break out a bit along my jawline. It's definitely not perfect, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm resigned to the slight problem I have with blackheads, but I would like to see less on the jawline (probably hormonal?). My skin is very pale and my pimples leave little red marks that last quite a while, so it can look like I have more pimples than I actually do (which is frustrating).

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (RebeccaDeWinter @ Aug 11 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, which Aquasana did you get, the complete, basic, or deluxe? And you only need to buy one a year?

I bought the complete counter top. They are all the same. You can buy the under counter kit later.

You change the filter every six months. You can sign up to have them sent automatically. And they'll keep send you their glass bottles hoping you'll buy some. I think they are the stupidest design ever. Why would anyone want such a tall, narrow, easily tipped-over breakable bottle? Sorry, I've just wanted to tell them their bottle is stupid for a while, but have restrained myself.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users