Photo

I think citrus fruits are the cause of the acne I get sometimes on one side of my face....

vitamin vitamins fish oil

4 replies to this topic

#1 RebeccaDeWinter

RebeccaDeWinter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

About a month or so back I was drinking a large glass of lemon juice every morning. I had a horrible horrible cystic breakout on one side of my face. At that time I wasn't sure if it was fish oil or the lemon juice. I stopped the lemon juice and fish oil and cleared up. One week I had pineapple and I got a new cystic zit on that side(I know pineapple isn't a citrus fruit but it is also acidic?) Last week I was on vacation so I didn't have to much choice in what I ate. We had Mexican a lot and I usually got fajitas and salsa (lime or lemon juice in the salsa) and I always had at least one zit on that side. Once I came back home and resumed my normal diet w/o citrus fruit, I had completely clear skin for about 4 days. Then yesterday at work we had to sample supplements, one was vitamin C with orange flavor and citric acid. I have a new cyst today.....Think it was the supplements? I also posted last night wondering is "orange flavor" will affect me. It's the Carlson Orange flavored fish oil I purchased last night.

#2 hanzuno

hanzuno

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Orange juice breaks me out bad. I don't think you would be affected with the orange flavor because I use carlson lemon flavored fish oil, and it hasn't affected me, i dunno

#3 sally299

sally299

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

it happened to me as well. i was searching for ' happy fruits' and i found oranges which i love the taste and does not make me gain weight. it's been one week and i get small breakout all over my forehead. i'm gonna stop it now.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

You can have a citric acid intolerance in which case you need to be careful with many fruits besides citrus. Or you can have an allergy o proteins in various citric fruits. I break out from oranges & a few other citrus and I seems to be an allergic response because even a tiny amount can cause a reaction. Must I don't break out from lemons or Persian limes

#5 leooo

leooo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Same. My skin feels inflammed after I munch on some tangerines. I'm taking them out from my diet for 10 days to see how things go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users