Photo

I think citrus fruits are the cause of the acne I get sometimes on one side of my face....

vitamin vitamins fish oil

4 replies to this topic

#1 RebeccaDeWinter

RebeccaDeWinter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

About a month or so back I was drinking a large glass of lemon juice every morning. I had a horrible horrible cystic breakout on one side of my face. At that time I wasn't sure if it was fish oil or the lemon juice. I stopped the lemon juice and fish oil and cleared up. One week I had pineapple and I got a new cystic zit on that side(I know pineapple isn't a citrus fruit but it is also acidic?) Last week I was on vacation so I didn't have to much choice in what I ate. We had Mexican a lot and I usually got fajitas and salsa (lime or lemon juice in the salsa) and I always had at least one zit on that side. Once I came back home and resumed my normal diet w/o citrus fruit, I had completely clear skin for about 4 days. Then yesterday at work we had to sample supplements, one was vitamin C with orange flavor and citric acid. I have a new cyst today.....Think it was the supplements? I also posted last night wondering is "orange flavor" will affect me. It's the Carlson Orange flavored fish oil I purchased last night.
My skin is clear for the most part. I do have some blackheads and I also break out a bit along my jawline. It's definitely not perfect, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm resigned to the slight problem I have with blackheads, but I would like to see less on the jawline (probably hormonal?). My skin is very pale and my pimples leave little red marks that last quite a while, so it can look like I have more pimples than I actually do (which is frustrating).

#2 hanzuno

hanzuno

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Orange juice breaks me out bad. I don't think you would be affected with the orange flavor because I use carlson lemon flavored fish oil, and it hasn't affected me, i dunno

#3 sally299

sally299

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

it happened to me as well. i was searching for ' happy fruits' and i found oranges which i love the taste and does not make me gain weight. it's been one week and i get small breakout all over my forehead. i'm gonna stop it now.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

You can have a citric acid intolerance in which case you need to be careful with many fruits besides citrus. Or you can have an allergy o proteins in various citric fruits. I break out from oranges & a few other citrus and I seems to be an allergic response because even a tiny amount can cause a reaction. Must I don't break out from lemons or Persian limes
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 leooo

leooo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Same. My skin feels inflammed after I munch on some tangerines. I'm taking them out from my diet for 10 days to see how things go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users