Photo

FRAXEL REPAIR asian skin me. DAY ONE

fraxel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (katiekat @ Oct 14 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (nate28 @ Oct 14 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (katiekat @ Oct 14 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think ur skin looks good. U look alot younger in the after photo. As far as pores(enlarged or scared) go, It's been my experience that anything that removes a layer of the skin (dermabrasion, chemical peel, Co2) can make it appear worse. U can only go down so far. And the scared pore probaly has a larger base then what is on the surface. Now that I started down the path of removing a top layer of my skin I feel I will probaly have to continue until I can't go any further, and hopefully they aren't to deep where they can't be taken care of.

As far as enlarged pores go, I've heard that there is not permant solution. Some lasers shrink them for awhile.

My advice is to not do anything that removes ur top layer at first. Use that as ur last resort. Start with subcision, needling, maybe TCA cross, fillers. I wished I had, but didn't find this site till I was in the healing stages of my dermabrasion.

How can it be in your experience have you had all of said treatments done? It is not the removal of the top skin that does it it is the heat caused by treatments like TCA nad laser resurfacing that may cause enlarged pores.

The best treatment would be dermabrasion it will not reduce natural pore size but since it removes a top layer it will reduce the size of pores stretched by age and pimples i.e. scarred and enlarged pores. Of all treatments though it seemes the scariest dermabrasion has the lowest chance of pigmentation problems and prolonged redness which can last many many months after treatments like CO2.

When I was younger I accidently scrubbed to hard with a fine exfoliator and it looked like a semi dermabrasion was done on my cheeks on the sides of my nose. When I finally healed the pores were smaller. I can only imagine a real dermabrasion that goes deeper will give better results.

Yeah, most. Started with the four layer Blue TCA chemical peel, then full face dermabrasion, then 5 fraxel #1, then a total fx (fractional C02), needling via dermaroller .75 & 1.5, just recently subcision last wed.

When I started I had rolling scars & 2 boxcars. Never noticed my pores. After the dermabrasion is when they became apparent. My daughter asked me a few times why my pores are so big. I was more worried about how much more my scars stood out. After the Fraxel is when I really started noticing how big my scarred pores where. Very, very noticable. when I wear makeup it looks worse.

When I was about 13 and just started to get 1 or 2 acne spots I took a srubber and tried to scrub my chin area. I had a scab for 2 weeks. When the healing was completed I had open pores in the crease of my chin. It didn't bother me too much because It was hidden in the crease and at the time my skin was beautiful.

What kind or scars do u have? Have u tried any treatments? Has any of them been helpful for u?

Within how much time? Those are some pretty strong treatments for a face to go through.

#42 katiekat

katiekat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

Started in March of 2003 with the Blue peel. So over a 5 year span. Dermabrasion 2005, Fraxel 1 in 2006, FX 2008.

What have u tried? Any results?

#43 Roller

Roller

CEO

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

how is your skin doing now? Sorry for bringing this back

#44 12xu

12xu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

thank you for this post, bumping this. considering fraxel re:pair or mixto; preferring re:pair for the ablation depth but concerned about hypopigmentation risks; have the risks lessened, fraxel re:pair for asian skin?