Ok... this one isn't as healthy in my opinion but still a pretty healthy option, and it is to die for
!!!! Blackforest Chocolate Cheesecake
These are vegan, low-sugar and very nutrient-rich. Zangy Orange-Raspberry Sorbet
â€˘ Âľ bag frozen tropical fruit mix
â€˘ ÂĽ bag frozen raspberries
â€˘ Juice of one orange
Blend on high until smooth. If using a Vita-Mix, use the tamper to push the ingredients down to the blades while blending. If you donâ€™t have a high powered blender, you may need to use more orange juice.
Note: Many variations can be made from this! Substitute different fruits, and keep in mind that raspberries are always great for adding superb flavor to fruit sorbets. Gourmet Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream
Everyoneâ€™s favorite! Adapted from â€śBreeâ€™s Chocolate Cherry Ice Creamâ€ť in Dr. Fuhrmanâ€™s online Recipe Guide
â€˘ 1 10 oz. bag of frozen cherries
â€˘ About Â˝ a cup of unsweetened almond milk or soymilk
â€˘ 1-2 tablespoons of natural cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
â€˘ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (can be omitted if using vanilla milk)
â€˘ 1 or 2 dates, pitted, can be added for sweetness (or 3-6 raisins)
Blend on high until smooth. If using a Vita-Mix, use the tamper to push the ingredients down to the blades while blending. If you donâ€™t have a high powered blender, you may need to add more milk. This recipe is very rich and is a favorite among most everyone â€“ a great substitute for sweets!!Gooey Chocolate Fudge with Berries
For the fudge:
â€˘ 2 tablespoons almond butter (or cashew, macadamia, etc)
â€˘ About 1 tablespoon *honey (or ÂĽ cup unsweetened vanilla soymilk or almond milk)
â€˘ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
â€˘ 1 teaspoon natural cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
â€˘ One cup fresh or frozen berries
Stir or blend ingredients and top with 1 cup or more of frozen or fresh berries (Raspberries are great with this). You can heat (on low) in the microwave if desired.
Note: More milk can be added to make this more of a sauce. If using a blender, 2-3 pitted dates, or 6-8 raisins can be added in place of the honey, as the *honey is not Eat to Live friendly. You will need to use a little milk though so the ingredients can blend (about ÂĽ cup).Peaches and Cream Cobbler
For the cobbler:
â€˘ Â˝ pound bag frozen peaches
â€˘ About ÂĽ cup cashews (for more creaminess, add more)
â€˘ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
â€˘ 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or more)
â€˘ Enough soy or almond milk to blend (about Â˝ - 1 cup)
â€˘ Â˝ cup fresh peaches, diced (optional)
Blend on high until smooth. If using a Vita-Mix, use the tamper to push the ingredients down to the blades while blending. If you donâ€™t have a high powered blender, you may need to use more milk. Top with fresh, diced peaches and sprinkle cinnamon on top.Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Adapted from Dr. Fuhrmanâ€™s Chocolate Oat Clusters)
2/3 cup raw walnuts, ground
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 teaspoons arrowroot powder (or 2 tbs of almond butter)
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup date sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1. Grind 2/3 cups walnuts. (Blend on high in blender) Set Aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, arrowroot powder, ground nuts, and cocoa powder.
3. Chop Âľ cup walnuts (Blend/Pulse on a low speed in the blender). Add to large bowl mixture above.
4. Blend applesauce, vanilla and date sugar in blender until creamy.
5. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here
* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.
* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.
* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.
* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.
* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!