Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kel

milk and acne-thought this was interesting.

43 posts in this topic

Americans, have the honor of consuming the most dairy than any other nation, and also have the embarrasment of sporting the highest rate of osteoporosis. Is there a correlation?, is purely up to you. Japanese traditionaly do not eat dairy, but since americanization they had to come up with a word for osteoporosis, as they never experienced it before. The acidity of dairy, a low pH, has to be alkalized in the body, the only way for this is to leech calcium from the bones. Sure baby calfs need to double their weight more than once, but do we?, are our bones as girthy as calfs?, hope not. As Arnold says, milk is for babies. GOT MILK? :-k

fantastic point,the milk has all the vitamins in it needed for a CALF,not a human,if it was for us why is it by nature there is only enough for a calf the only reason there is enough for humans is by hands of humans,the cows are over and over agian inpregnated to produce the mad amount of milk required thats not natrual for the cow.

im sure a calf wouldnt be able to grow healthily on human breast milk so why think we can,and like someone correctly commented before the countrys with the highest levels of brittle bone disease are the countrys with the highest consumption of dairy.....mmmmmmm,coincidence i think not.

but at the end of the day,if it doesnt aggravate your acne ,fair enough but i no lots of people who say when they cut out dairy there skin improved,and some that didnt.

i guess like all things we try for acne its trial and error.

living in uk

currently- olay senstive wipes

2.5% panoxyl gel

olay sp15 senstive

(mild persistant acne for last 12 Years

2014-currently doing not very much as no 2.5% bp!

regimnen-going well 1 yr on

duac 2nd time-skin must of got used too this due to antibiotic,as this stuff was great!

dermalogica

duac gel-clear for 6 months

1X roaccutane again

came of pill

food elimination-diet is not a factor in my acne

1x roaccutane again-doctor felt not a long enough dose before

2x retin a

1x roaccutane

1x DKR-gave up after a week-severe redness

chinese meds

regimen-stopped due to severe redness

Hmmm, the broccoli i have in the freezer has 20mg of calcium per serving, so unless i'm going to eat about 10 bags of it, i'm not going to get much. Is there some other kind of broccoli that has a lot more calcium in it?

well, i've read that soya raises the female hormones level in the body which will raise the male hormones level which will cause acne eventuallly (the body tries to keep its hormones levels balanced, so it creates more male hormons due to the excess of female hormonds in the body).

I use soya sauce in my rice, and soy milk for my cereal, so that's not a lot. And if you have a healthy liver, I'm hoping that that will help to regulate the hormones. So anything in excess will get cha!

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

well, i've read that soya raises the female hormones level in the body which will raise the male hormones level which will cause acne eventuallly (the body tries to keep its hormones levels balanced, so it creates more male hormons due to the excess of female hormonds in the body).

Soy contains isoflavones, which are plant based estrogens. There are three different kinds, genistein, daidzein and glycitein. A lot of people think that it's the isoflavones in soy that are responsible for most of its health benefits.

I was under the impression that female hormones would supress male hormones. For instance, when a man takes estrogen, don't his testosterone levels drop off? If so, these isoflavones could actually help acne.

Another thing, if you are concerned about isoflavones, you can still take soy protien concentrates, because the isoflavones are destroyed during processing.

I got soy milk for the very first time in my life today. It has 30% of the USDA recommended daily amount of calcium (or 300 mg) per cup, is entirely organic, and tasted better then cow's milk.

Your argument about lactose intolerance is flawed; they are many defects present in the human gene pool, ever heard of hetrozygote recessive carriers?

- Zha

Our \"prehistoric\" ancestors probably only lived to about 30 years.  Do you think they were in good health?

Humans are herbavoires by nature.  We weren't meant to eat meat of other animals.  Just like the mighty giraffe.  biggrin.gif

I was only making a sweeping-generalization for humor's sake. I'll admit, I haven't done enough extensive research on the matter of whether humans are (were) genetically predisposed to eating meat. However, there is damning evidence that fat from animals does damage to our liver, and digestive systems in the long run, if overeaten.

As young people, we tend to overlook mortality and the many diseases that come with aging. It's a stubborn attitude that I'm beginning to let go of.

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

As young people, we tend to overlook mortality and the many diseases that come with aging.  It's a stubborn attitude that I'm beginning to let go of.

heya,

OK, first of all, the difference between Human Milk and Cows milk is the ratio of casien to whey proteins. Cows have more Whey and Humans have more Casien (or it’s the other way around) ;-)

http://www.goatworld.com/articles/goatmilk...colostrum.shtml

http://herbalcollective.ca/calcium.html

Now Human Milk, Cows Milk, and apparently Soy Milk contain growth hormones. This is what is going to kick you in the arse. Cow Milk contains a hieghted amount of IGF-1 (thanks to the rBGH given to poor cows to keep them producing milk) plus Whey will also increase your IGF-1 levels. Now, Soy does the very same thing, it will increase your IGF-1 levels and somewhere I read it actually contains IGF-1. If that's the case, it's all interchangable, thus why in scientific studies it's been found that those that drink milk, have an increase in this highly potent growth factor. This growth factor is what has been attributed to the growth of cells (overgrowth could mean cancer), increases during Puberty (so we can grow, etc), and is also associated with Insulin Resistance, Type II Diabetes, etc. Oh and by the way, this factor is what Accutane (or a great hormone balancing diet), happens to reduce!

Now someone brought up an amazing point, there is no other speciies that consume milk after a certain age except for humans. In fact they say we shouldn't give our pets milk because it's bad for them...hmm. Furthermore, 90% Asians, 70% African Americans, and 2% Causians are considered lactose intolerant. I suppose if you consider the way evolution worked, that kinda makes sense. Anyway, apparently this is something that happens gradually after birth. If you are intolerant (I'm beggining to show very very slight signs) such as mucous/phlegm forming after consumption, stomach cramps, gas, bloating, etc...you are intolerant. Of course the other reaction to this would be inflammation (cystic acne anyone?).

So if animals themselves are intolerant, how on earth is it that they still manage to get all the calcium they need without consuming milk? Well carnivores are getting it from the animals bones that they eat and maybe some vegetation. Whereas the herbaviores are getting it from plants of course. Come on, what milk are cows drinking daily to get themselves all big and strong?

BTW, did anyone here in the U.S. see that horrible milk commercial? The one where the kids tell their mom that they don't need milk to be strong, after all their really old next door neighbor doesn't and look how strong he is. Then it cuts over to the neighber lifting a wheelbarrow, but instead his arms DETACH!!! The kids scream and start gulping down the milk. I think dairy will always taste good, but that really really bothers me ={

So anyway, my friend across the street never drank milk intentionally at least. Her teeth were perfect, straight, no cavities, and she was much stronger and athletic than I (did I mention flawless skin?). She’s half Asian so of course she got a healthy dose of that good stuff, but she had the American food too. So my guess was she was definitely eating more of the foods that would build calcium. Of course, as nature would have it, the foods that will contain calcium, will also contain most, if not all, of the other essential bone building vitamins, Vit. D (fish oil or the sun), Vitamin K, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Boron. So just eat plenty of these foods and you won’t need the convenience of consuming dairy products.

Yogurt (450 mg), Sardines (325 mg), Fortified Orange juice (300 mg), fortified Oatmeal (215 mg), Fortified Foods/Milk Substitutes, Turnip greens (200 mg), Carrots, Spinach, Almonds (3.5 oz = 210 mg) , Celery, Raisens (20mg), Cabbage, Romaine Lettuce (not iceburg), Kale, Leafy Greens, etc

http://www.healthalternatives2000.com/minchart.htm

http://www.veg.ca/newsletr/mayjun97/dairyfree.html

http://www.nomilk.com/calcium.txt

http://carrotcafe.com/f/calevel.html

http://www.ecologos.org/milkca.htm

http://www.ibismedical.com/calcium_.html

For those of you that MUST have something with your cereals or for a change, you should definitely try the other milk substitutes since refined soy products aren’t any better for some of you. There’s:

Rice Milk

Almond Milk – Pacific is the best I’ve tried yet

Hazelnut Milk

Whole Grain Milk

Potato Milk – Vance’s Darifree is very popular in hospitals and for Celiacs or the Gluten Intolerant

Of course, other varieties of nut & grain milks that you can dream up (from scratch).

HTH =)

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

sweetjade1980,i couldnt agree more with you!!!!!

living in uk

currently- olay senstive wipes

2.5% panoxyl gel

olay sp15 senstive

(mild persistant acne for last 12 Years

2014-currently doing not very much as no 2.5% bp!

regimnen-going well 1 yr on

duac 2nd time-skin must of got used too this due to antibiotic,as this stuff was great!

dermalogica

duac gel-clear for 6 months

1X roaccutane again

came of pill

food elimination-diet is not a factor in my acne

1x roaccutane again-doctor felt not a long enough dose before

2x retin a

1x roaccutane

1x DKR-gave up after a week-severe redness

chinese meds

regimen-stopped due to severe redness

Kel,

Thanks. Say did you ever remember hearing anything about colustrum? A lot of great products that are supposed to be wonderful healers like this HGH (some acne sufferers wanted to take this), or DHEA (on stimulation tests, this never raised whereas my other androgens did), are horrible for us acne sufferers because we already produce or obtain more than enough!

"Colostrum is considered to be one of the most important ingredients in a good HGH enhancer. Colostrum contains IGF-1, a fancy way of saying "human growth hormone". Scientific research conducted in the last decade in major medical research centers and universities throughout the world, has shown that the molecular combinations of the immune and growth factors in cow's Colostrum are virtually identical to human. Research has also shown that only Colostrum is not species specific and can work in humans and lower mammals. " http://www.affordablesupplements.com/megatropin.asp

http://www.unsafescience.com/bgh5.html

Now the other questionable milk products are those of Yogurt and Kefir. Some people are able to handle yogurt and other's not so. My guess is that if yogurt is safe (naturally has less IGF-1?), its' going to be the organic kind (normal IGF-1 levels) and not what you can pick up at your local grocery store.

http://www.vegparadise.com/news22.html

http://www.stonyfield.com/PressReleases/Yo...ood020601.shtml

http://www.organicconsumers.org/rbgh/womenigf1.cfm

Take care =)

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.