Photo

Countless tiny bumps all over my face

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Kuhoolish

Kuhoolish

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

not sure what they are, you don't notice them unless you look really close up or in certain lighting, but my entire face is covered in them, they seem to be mainly flesh coloured but many are red.

#2 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

Clogged pores (comedones) or folliculitis of bacterial or other origin, etc. There are many treatment options depending on what the flesh colored bumps really are. Do a bit of research on folliculitis and comedonal acne. If you want a real diagnosis, I'd suggest going to a derm for a consultation if you can afford it. If not, trial and error will help you determine the right course of action for your particular case of acne. Please remember there are no quick fixes. If something does not work in a week...that's normal.

Some find benefit from using a medicated dandruff shampoo. I like Selsun blue, personally, the two in one conditioner/shampoo one and other people like Head and Shoulders. Some benefit from Nizoral. Benefit depends on what type of acne or folliculitis you have; fungal responds to Nizoral. Bacterial responds to either H&S or Selsun Blue.

Some like MaMa lotion, some like other mandelic preparations. Some (like me) like glycolic acid. You can see what I use with great effectiveness in my signature. The added benefit of glycolic acid for me is that it also 'rejuvenates' the skin and makes it 'glow.' There are many other treatments for the type of acne you describe. They revolve around chemical and/or mechanical exfoliation. Persons who are prone to acne seem to have impaired skin cell shedding and perhaps even more viscous than normal sebum. Topicals can and do help.

Good luck!

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#3 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Actually just wanted to add that fungal folliculitis also responds to Selsun Blue (and possibly H&S). Selsun Blue contains zinc pyrithione and selenium sulfide, both of which have antifungal properties. I believe H&S contains zinc pyrithione too.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#4 Kuhoolish

Kuhoolish

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

there were times where i'd just let the head and shoulders from my hair run over my face and that really helped my skin, but after a while it stopped working.

i tried directly applying it to my skin once but that didn't help too much, any suggestions on application?

and holy shit, i just looked on google and folliculitis is exactly what's up with my face. i went from moderate acne to folliculitis, weird.

#5 MostExtreme

MostExtreme

There Is No Easy Way Out

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:40 AM

Edited by MostExtreme, 25 November 2010 - 02:48 AM.

#6 barbiegirl8182

barbiegirl8182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hi I have tried everything to get rid of these antibiotics acne cleansers and gels and they seem to irritate my skin too much my cheeks sometimes feel tingly or irritated but I have had these bumps for a year and they only seem to be getting worse if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it this stuff really depresses me and makes me want to hide during the day because they make my face look so awful during the day and I have little bumps on my upper arms and chest too here are some pictures of my skin.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

#7 Dixon

Dixon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (barbiegirl8182 @ Jul 16 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I have tried everything to get rid of these antibiotics acne cleansers and gels and they seem to irritate my skin too much my cheeks sometimes feel tingly or irritated but I have had these bumps for a year and they only seem to be getting worse if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it this stuff really depresses me and makes me want to hide during the day because they make my face look so awful during the day and I have little bumps on my upper arms and chest too here are some pictures of my skin.

I'm pretty sure I have the exact same thing you're talking about. I have the pimple-bump things all over my forehead, sides of face, even behind my ears. Also, they're all flesh colored. Right now I'm on a regimen of 5% BP cleanser (Benzagel), 10% Glycolic Acid Toner (DFF), and just a simple Marcelle moisturizer.

I'm fairly certain that the BP cleanser is preventing me from actually having any larger pimples like ones I used to get. From a distance and even in most photographs my skin looks clear. It's when you look close you can tell that all these bumps are there.

I don't really know what to do. Just go see a dermatologist?

#8 kristenm09

kristenm09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

I had horrible comedonal acne with little flesh colored bumps all over my face. I have been on Retin-A for almost two months now, and it has gotten a lot better. No more flesh colored bumps

#9 stopthemaddness

stopthemaddness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Kuhoolish @ Aug 2 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i went from moderate acne to folliculitis, weird.

Me too! Weird how so many people have experienced this.. Like if our skin can't have pimples on it (because of topicals or whatever we may be using) it has to be ugly in some kind of way...Damn skin!
Anywho I remember when i first started RetinA, H&S was one of the things i used along with j&J head to toe and clinque wash. I was really clear i'm definetely gonna try it again...

#10 barbiegirl8182

barbiegirl8182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

I went to the doctor yesterday because I can not afford a dermatologist right now But when I did go to the dermatologist he gave me differin and that made my face too irritated. Then the next time I went he gave me Clindamycin lotion and doxycycline but that did not work either. When I went to the doctor yesterday he gave me clindamycin gel instead of lotion and he told me to try the antibiotic doxycycline again so I am going to do that. I want to try retin a but I am afraid it will irritatate my skin too much. Oh and these little bumps seem to be getting worse in the heat.
My cheeks feel more irritated on tingly and its getting on my nerves lol.

#11 bufas

bufas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (barbiegirl8182 @ Jul 18 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to the doctor yesterday because I can not afford a dermatologist right now But when I did go to the dermatologist he gave me differin and that made my face too irritated. Then the next time I went he gave me Clindamycin lotion and doxycycline but that did not work either. When I went to the doctor yesterday he gave me clindamycin gel instead of lotion and he told me to try the antibiotic doxycycline again so I am going to do that. I want to try retin a but I am afraid it will irritatate my skin too much. Oh and these little bumps seem to be getting worse in the heat.
My cheeks feel more irritated on tingly and its getting on my nerves lol.

It sounds like a a really bad derm/docter you have there if it turns out to be a folliculitis. The obvious signs of folliculitis is the itching first of all and then the fact that it gets worse in high tempratures, does not respond or worsens to acne treatment, appears after a long period of antibiotics, appears on chest/back/neck/forehead or just near hairline ect..

It sounds like it could be a folliculitis you have, and I suggest you either ask your derm to do a test in order to see if your blemishes are caused by fungal or acne bacteria. Or you go out and buy some anti-fungal stuff and experiment yourself (this is probably the easier choice and fairly cheap). You can begin with the dandruff shampoo Nizoral which has an anti-fungal active ingredient. It should be easy to get. Lather up in shower, apply, wait about 5 minutes and rinse off. Some believe it is best to start off doing it twice a day for the first week and then maybe a couple of times a week the following time while others think it's best to start off slow and do it the other way around. It's up to you, good luck smile.gif

QUOTE (Kuhoolish @ Aug 3 2008, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there were times where i'd just let the head and shoulders from my hair run over my face and that really helped my skin, but after a while it stopped working.

i tried directly applying it to my skin once but that didn't help too much, any suggestions on application?

and holy shit, i just looked on google and folliculitis is exactly what's up with my face. i went from moderate acne to folliculitis, weird.

Letting it run down your face sure will help, but probably wont clear it for good. And yes, they can stop working if your body grows accustomed to it. Therefore it is recommended that you have 2 kinds of anti-fungal products and that you combine those two.

So your body grew accustomed to H&S - that doesn't matter, there are plenty of choices. You can begin with the Nizoral dandruff shampoo and try applying from the beginning this time. As I wrote earlier; lather up in shower, apply(be gentle), wait about 5 minutes (some leave it on for 2 minutes and some leave it on for 30 - I think 5 minutes is the best amount of time though. Never leave it on over-night.) and then rinse off.

Good luck smile.gif

#12 barbiegirl8182

barbiegirl8182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

bufas Thank you for your reply but I thought it was folliculitis at one point but after doing research I figured out it was not because Them bumps are red and mine are just skin colored none of them are red in color and it seems like there is no head on them like there is no possible way for me to pop them they are so small but there are so many of them that's why I stress out so much about it.Posted Image

above is a picture of my face but it is all over my forehead too

#13 bufas

bufas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

I see, well may I ask what you what you are currently doing to your skin? Products ect.

#14 barbiegirl8182

barbiegirl8182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

I have tried differin cream and doxyxyxline and clindamycin lotion and none of that worked so right now I am washing my face with neutrogena fragerence free bar and then using neutrogena oil free moisturizer for combination skin both are hypoallergenic and the doctor told me to try doxycycline again so I am and I also take probiotics everyday I just started that 2 weeks ago because someone told me it might help and I started ortho tri cyclin birth control 3 weeks ago.

#15 almost pretty

almost pretty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Kuhoolish @ Aug 2 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure what they are, you don't notice them unless you look really close up or in certain lighting, but my entire face is covered in them, they seem to be mainly flesh coloured but many are red.

i get these when i have either overexfoliated or used a product that didnt agree with my skin. what works for me is just using a gentle cleanser until they go away.

My Favs:
Acne Treatment- sulfur products (joesoef 10% sulfur soap)
Hyperpigmentation Treatment- Licorice ( mario badescu whitening mask)
Texture/Shallow Scarring Treatment- topical vitamin E (mario badescu vitamin e cream)
Gentle cleanser- boscia purifying cleansing gel
Moisturizer- cerave lotion

Quote of the week: everyone dies but not everyone LIVES...are you living???

#16 Yelena

Yelena

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

barbiegirl, I would STOP the Neutrogena bar soap! Bar soaps have a high pH which encourages bacteria growth. Bar soaps clog pores too. Use a liquid facial cleanser instead.

#17 barbiegirl8182

barbiegirl8182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Yelena @ Jul 22 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
barbiegirl, I would STOP the Neutrogena bar soap! Bar soaps have a high pH which encourages bacteria growth. Bar soaps clog pores too. Use a liquid facial cleanser instead.

I just started using the bar like 3 days ago so I know that is not the cause of my acne but I might stop using it anyways.

Here is a link to pictures of my skin If anyone can look and tell me if they have anything like this or if they know exactly what it is I woulda appreciate it very much.

pics of my skin

#18 seasidegirl

seasidegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

it's caused by little plugs in your pores. exfoliation with glycolic acid should help to resolve it over time. you are a beautiful girl.

#19 Ariana Boire

Ariana Boire

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

I am glad to see I am not the only one who suffers from this. I have tiny .. almost goose bump like bumps all over my face. 2 years ago, they were only at the corners of my mouth.. by the time I had moved to a different part of Vancouver Island they had spread from my mouth area, to the rest of my face. So here is my story:

My memory is faint, but they were not all over my face before, when I had noticed them, I had figured using my regular routine would get rid of them. False. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, my face was fat and painful and I was unable to wash or pick at my face (I OCD pick at my face.) therefore making it impossible to do anything to my face, so I just used Ivory soap to wash my face. THEN when the swelling on my face from the wisdom teeeth extraction had gone completely away, I noticed I had clear skin. Voila? So that may be my solution. HOWEVER! I had picked at my face when I was able to again, and then it went back to how shitty it was before. Prom is in 6 months, so I am trying anything to get clear skin. I have tried:

-ALL Neutrogena products.
-ALL Clean n' Clear.
-ALL Avene' products.
-ALL Aveeno.
- (getting to lazy to type ALL, all the time.)
-Also have used:
-Spectro Products
-Asprin Masks
-Lush Facial care
-Over the counter BP, SA.
-Clearasil Products
-Proactive (JOKE PRODUCT, MAKE THE BUMPS RED AND INFLAMMED! FUCK MY LIFE!)
..the list goes on.

REFUSE TO USE ACCUTANE!

I have noticed that Stievamycin is shrinking the bumps, but their not going completely away. Mind you, I am not patient and 2 days seems like 5 decades to me. And when I lived in my previous town, and only had them around my mouth, I used the Stievamycin as well, and It seemed to keep things under control. I am now going to start Tetracycline, and will post results.. if anything is showing, within the next few weeks. ALSO let me note this:

Do not pick at your face.
Do not stress over your face.
Be nice to your skin, don't over process it. (Like dying your hair 5 times a day.)
We see things worse in our own eyes then they actually are, so its not AS BAD AS YOU SEE IT AS!

So heres my conclusion for these EVIL bumps:

Be nice. Use ivory soaps (reg. unscented.) and a PERSCRIPTION topical cream or gel for every second day BEFORE BED.

I have not seen a dermatoligist, so if someone has PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THESE BUMPS. Retin-A I have not tried yet, but is thinking that is next if these Acne Oral Medication does not work.

DONT DONT DONT DONT PICK at your skin. I just picked at mine and I KNOW I will regret it in the morning.

Be patient. Nothing is over night, nothing happens within a week, nothing will be a miracle. It takes 3-6 weeks for bacteria to die off (Doctor told me this today, don't need to be a Derm to know that.)

#20 XxUponx_Unhallowed_WingsxX

XxUponx_Unhallowed_WingsxX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

I know this thread is dead but I am having the exact same problem.. sad.gif
"My hands around your throat, your teeth embedded in my flesh."