Photo

Paul25's(-Fed up of cheating-) Log To Beautiful Skin

ginger milk thistle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#41 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

At the moment i really feel like im struggling with each day, everytime i eat my stomach bloats and then i just end up feeling crap and depressed. Everytime i feel crap i start to doubt whatever diet im on and then move on to another, i seem to be mixed with the whole low fat or high fat diet STILLrolleyes.gif

Over a year i read about a low fat diet for candida, i was going at a all fruit diet as snacks and stuff whilst for meals it usually consisted of veg, brown rice and sometimes chicken. It kept my skin clear but after a while my digestion completely sucked, brown rice been the main culplit as it just completely constipated me.

Ive got to make a decision now on what diet to go at as i know its not going to sort my stomach issues out instantly, i just keep thinking oh that food has made me bloated im obviously not going to be able to eat that now.

My digestion has become my main issue lately as i know if i dont fix that my skin is never going to improve, the blackheads are doing my fucking head in though. My nose and the surrounding area is just a disaster and disgusting!! Plus you can see the flaky skin shit in this pic...

DSC00588.JPG

Im taking some supplements at the moment, mainly a b-complex which includes vitamin c and then some plant enzymes. I dont know if there going to help me or not to be honest as supplements seem to bloat me as well, chlorella is an absolute beast for bloating me.

So at this moment in time ive no idea what way to turn, a low fat diet keeps my skin kinda clear but fucks my digestion. I think fats worsen my skin but not sure if they improve my digestion or not, when i go to the toilet when ive been eating fats it defiently looks healthier than when i have eating low fat....

Edited by Paul25, 31 October 2010 - 09:05 AM.

#42 Skinderella

Skinderella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Just a question: are you using anything topically at the moment?

#43 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (greengurl @ Nov 2 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a question: are you using anything topically at the moment?

Nah no topicals, when i have in the past they always dry my skin out so i think im better off with just using water.

#44 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

by the way your skin looks pretty good

my skin pretty much looks the same, i simply don't cheat on my diet (no gluten, sugar ...)
but like you my digestion still troubles me and my back is not 100% clear

regarding candida i can recommend taking an alkalizing formula, the best i have found is by dr jacobs (Germany), because of its high potassium content (http://www.drjacobsm...rmula-p-32.html). candida can't grow in an alkaline environment.

what has worked best for me is liver flushing combined with colon hydro , but i have not had time to do it, so i am exploring other avenues, that is supplements. i have to start flushing again too, you still doing them, i have had no time to do one for the past year or so?

i have yet to try peppermint oil, a good combination of systemic and digestive enzymes.

recently i have tried liquid colostrum, which is great but too expensive.

glutamine probably breaks you out, but it improves my gut problems. try cod liver oil, but it is hard to find a good one, i promise you. have you tried MSM? Bathing in epsom salts?

Edited by Believe, 16 January 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#45 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Believe @ Jan 16 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
by the way your skin looks pretty good

my skin pretty much looks the same, i simply don't cheat on my diet (no gluten, sugar ...)
but like you my digestion still troubles me and my back is not 100% clear

regarding candida i can recommend taking an alkalizing formula, the best i have found is by dr jacobs (Germany), because of its high potassium content (http://www.drjacobsmedical.com/jacobs-alkaline-formula-p-32.html). candida can't grow in an alkaline environment.

what has worked best for me is liver flushing combined with colon hydro , but i have not had time to do it, so i am exploring other avenues, that is supplements. i have to start flushing again too, you still doing them, i have had no time to do one for the past year or so?

i have yet to try peppermint oil, a good combination of systemic and digestive enzymes.

recently i have tried liquid colostrum, which is great but too expensive.

glutamine probably breaks you out, but it improves my gut problems. try cod liver oil, but it is hard to find a good one, i promise you. have you tried MSM? Bathing in epsom salts?

Hey sorry i only just saw this reply. My skin doesnt seem majorly spotty anymore but to me it looks really unhealthy seems to be covered in blackheads.

Thanks the link, shall take a look. I defiently have a candida problem so hopefully something like that can help.

I havnt flushed in a long time now, i keep thinking about them i simply dont think i can right now. My stomach feels really bad all the time, whenever i eat it feels terrible and i have a bad nervous stomach problem at the moment which seems to be causing bloating and constipation. I have tried cod liver oil before but it makes my face oily and then leads to breakouts, tried msm as well but just didnt give it enough time before giving up. I think it started to break me out and i just stopped, even though it could have been an initial breakout.

Ive done a couple of epsom salt baths? Have you had much success from them?

Tomorrow im starting a coconut oil detox, just basically have 2 teaspoons of coconut oil every 2 hours. Its going to be tough but im going to try and last 3 days. Ive read a few people say its helped them so may as well give it a try.

#46 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Well it didnt last long, i managed to 6pm. Not because i was hungry but my stomach was so bloated again confused.gif Ah well i guess its time to move onto the next thing but i dont know what that is yet.....

#47 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

Well im back here and feel like i need to start doing this log again as i just keep cheating on my diet. I guess i feel if im logging everything down then i may start to improve things again. For the past year or so ive been pretty much cheating and i can tell that in my health, my digestion has gone terrible and my skin isnt to great.

Due to bloating problems im not quite sure what foods i can stand so im starting by saying from tomorrow there will be no cheating and thats how things begin. Im not instantly saying high fat, low fat etc im just going to see how i respond to the foods i try and go from there. I have some supplements as well i think im going to try, b-complex and zinc. I seem to have anxiety problems at the moment, hell from just going to work or driving to get some petrol seems to give me issues eusa_think.gif I want to think stop been such a pussy but something just seems to click in my stomach and says your going to be nervous about this and its sets my stomach off on to feeling like crap then. Ive read b-complex can help with anxiety and zinc as well so i shall see how they go.

Day 1 (i cant believe im having to restart once again!!!!) to begin tomorrow and if i dont stick to this then i simply dont deserve to improve my skin and stomach problems!!!!

#48 kohlkopf

kohlkopf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:19 AM

Hey man.
how its going?

#49 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

I thought i best start this thread again after getting lacklustre on my so called diet to see if it can help me get on track. I'm still going though skin problems and my stomach is still feeling very bloated and constipated. My main aim at the moment is to stop cheating and then move on from there i guess. The sort of foods i plan on eating for the next few days are....

-Lots of fruit
-Lots of veg
-Maybe some seeds
-Brown rice

I think i'm going to cut out any meat for abit and im also thinking of stopping salmon. My nose runs after i eat these foods so i believe i have an allergy to them at the moment. I dont have alot of confidence just eating these foods are going to help me but i shall give it ago. I seem to be always hungry lately, not sure why but it drives me mad my life seems to be completely about food now so i want to stop this. So the plan is to eat healthy and i shall also be exercising a fair bit. I think i shall have to log each day just to make sure i dont cheat!!

Edited by Paul25, 19 February 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#50 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

I have major cheating issues, i am disgusted with myself with how often i cheat now. My digestion is terrible and my skin isn't great but i continue to eat stuff i know is bad for. Today i have eaten chocolate and alot of it, it makes me feel terrible as well but i still eat it Posted Image

Tomorrow i am going to begin a diet i stick to. It is going to consist of lots of fruit, vegetables and seafood. The fruits will vary on whatever i have but it will consist of lots of grapes, kiwi's, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew, peaches, strawberries etc. Vegetable will be spinach, romaince lettuce, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower etc. Seafood shall be salmon, shrimps, prawns, crab meat and cod. I would like to include eggs but i don't think my digestion can handle them at the moment.

Day one begins tomorrow, i shall try to update this everyday to make sure i stick to the diet.

#51 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

I still haven't got my diet going, since i wrote the above on the 9th July my diet has remained horrible. I always seem to cheat as i'm always hungry, i absolutely pound the fruits but it just doesn't satisfy me. Fats usually break me out but i may have to start adding some in, i'm thinking eggs and olive oil could be a starters to see how i go with them. I may start having omelettes as well to see if they can keep me full. I also plan on avoiding broccoli and cauliflower for now, these are supposedly hard to digest and my digestion is real bad so it makes sense to avoid these for now. The plan at the moment is the following....

-Lots of fruits (Papayas, watermelons, honeydew melons, strawberries, kiwis, grapes etc)
-Vegetables (Spinach, romaince lettuce, sweet potatoes, cucumber etc)
-Seafood (Cod, shrimps, prawns, crab meat etc)
-Meat (I'm only thinking chicken at the moment)
-Plus the extras of eggs and olive oil

I must update this everyday as i know it will help keep me going and sticking to the diet. I allow myself to cheat so easily so i am somehow going to have to fight this. I think if i can get through a couple of days i'm sure the cravings will fade away. Here's hoping anyway, if i can really stick to it i hope my digestion will then start to improve.

#52 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

i dont blame you at all mate. Its very difficult to eat healthy when you see nothing but junkfood every fking day everywhere...

#53 TheChosen1

TheChosen1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

I don't know how its been going for you now... but I've spent my whole summer researching acne and I believe taking as much fruit as you sort of mentioned to could worsen your acne. It would do that because of the high sugar content in fruits. Even though fruits have naturally occurring sugar it will still feed a candida infection (which acne sufferers seem to always have). Candida, which you can Google search, is a bad bacteria that lives in your gut and thrives off sugar. Scary right?