Photo

Paul25's(-Fed up of cheating-) Log To Beautiful Skin

ginger milk thistle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#21 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (GoBills @ Sep 28 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Paul, just wondering how the Nettle tea is working out for you so far. How long have you been drinking it and how many times a day? Seen any results pos/neg?

I know people who take nettle in pill form for working out as it naturally raises testosterone. Thinking about doing the same but worried about it raising estrogen levels as well.

BTW judging by your pics your skin doesn't look that bad IMO. smile.gif

I can unfortunately never keep it really going, i drink it quite alot for a few days then just forget about it. The taste really doesnt want me to keep coming back for more lol.

Ive decided to do a green smoothie cleanse, along with juices i make, this will be the only thing ill be having for a few days. Im hoping to make it a week. I have taken some pictures and i dont think my skin looks to good in them at all. A horrible complexion, several marks, blackheads and some spots. At least ive got a picture of it looking bad though, then if i this green smoothie cleanse makes a difference it will be easily noticeable in the pictures.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
You Just Have To Look Through The Dark
To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

#22 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

I unfortunately failed the green smoothie cleanse after just under 48 hours. I was going through a breakout at the time which led me to feeling abit down and i really couldnt avoid my favourite foods at that time. Maybe when my face isnt doing too bad and i feel good i shall give it a go again, i believe it could be very beneficial to ones health.

I went back to my milk cleanser and ginseng toner the other day and it doesnt seem to really irratate my skin anymore. However as im going through a breakout i dont know if its causing me to get more spots or not, which is why im abit on and off it at the moment. I really want to give it a proper go and see if it can improve my skin. My problem is when i start using a product, if i see a new spot after use i blame the product and stop using it. Pretty stupid but i cant help it biggrin.gif

Im hoping this breakout ends soon, ive avoided seeing any of my friends since it began and its going on for about a week now. Never usually have them last this long and i usually know why im breaking out, but i have no idea at the moment sad.gif
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#23 hottramp

hottramp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:37 AM

Judging by your most recent pictures, your skin looks great. smile.gif

I would commit illicit crime for skin like yours!
Seriously, keep doing what you're doing and just fooorgeeet about it.

You don't need to be on this site. Silly boy!

#24 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (hottramp @ Oct 14 2008, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Judging by your most recent pictures, your skin looks great. smile.gif

I would commit illicit crime for skin like yours!
Seriously, keep doing what you're doing and just fooorgeeet about it.

You don't need to be on this site. Silly boy!

Thanks biggrin.gif There can be days where im okay with it, but there are alot of days when im not happy with it. I still get spots quite often, and the red marks, dullness, itching and flaking drive me crazy.

I havnt updated in here for a while, there arent any improvements really, but ill let you know what im doing now.

-Green smoothies
-Lactobactillus Acidophilus (When it arrives, hopefully tomorrow or Saturday)
-Borage Oil
-Including more garlic in my diet

Am hoping to see improvements from this, and one thing i must do is give it time biggrin.gif
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#25 cementface

cementface

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

yeah man,
your skin isnt bad at all.

i dont think i'd even look twice if i saw you in real life.

keep doing what youre doing, its working!

#26 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

I havnt updated in here for a while, but my skin isnt doing great at the moment. Ive been breaking out the last week or so and its all my fault, ive eaten poorly and eaten far too much chocolate. Ive eaten chocolate everyday, i just love it far too much and am struggling to give it up. I dont know how im going to stop it, ill just have to slowly work myself off it i guess biggrin.gif

Ive been focusing on liver flushes this year, ive performed 3 so far and i shall be doing one pretty much every 2 weeks. Im hoping these, and when i clean up my diet again, it shall lead to better looking clear skin.
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#27 serendi

serendi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Hey Paul! I was wondering what you use to flush your liver? This sounds like something I might be interested in trying...

Cheers!

#28 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (serendi @ Feb 8 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Paul! I was wondering what you use to flush your liver? This sounds like something I might be interested in trying...

Cheers!

I just use the regular epsom salts and olive oil method, eat a no fat breakfast and dont eat anything after 2pm. You can follow the routine from this site. I would really advise taking a malic acid supplement as well for a few days before you do the flush. I wasnt taking this for my first 2 flushes this year and they were a major disapointment but my flush 2 weeks ago was good but the flush i did last night has worked out to be the best one yet. The size of the stones that came was incredible and i couldnt believe it when i saw them. I just hope it improves my skin biggrin.gif
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#29 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

I know for a fact fats make my acne and blackheads worse, whether it be healthy fats like cod liver oil and avacados or your bad fats like chocolate and biscuits. I came across an article which claimed fats were the problem and what fed candida, not actually sugar. I dont know how true this is but it has led me to avoid fats for a while, my diet beginning tomorrow will just be based on fruit and vegetables.

A couple of weeks ago i tried something similar but failed after about 4 days due to feeling to hungry, im going to have to try to fight and just stick to it. Im not sure how long ill stick to it but i am determined to give it long enough to see if it helps me.

Tomorrow is the beginning of what i hope is the cure to my skin problems.
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#30 deadonfive

deadonfive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

Good luck! I'm in the same boat as you - still trying to find that dietary trigger. I've done tons of diets - no fat, no carbs, mostly fat, etc...none of them have helped, sadly. I hope this works for you though! smile.gif

#31 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (deadonfive @ Apr 13 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck! I'm in the same boat as you - still trying to find that dietary trigger. I've done tons of diets - no fat, no carbs, mostly fat, etc...none of them have helped, sadly. I hope this works for you though! smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif
Ive not started to good yet though, ive been starting the day off good and then ive been getting hungrier throughout the day and end up eating something. My birthday is this Saturday so i think ill start in full effect from Monday, as i fear up until then i will end up breaking it!
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#32 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Im getting very frustrated at myself recently, ive been cheating on my diet just about everyday!! I havnt been able to fight off the cravings so i cant really moan about my skin been bad to be fair.

From tomorrow i am going to be so determined to see the diet through this time, its going to be low fat high carb. I am sure this is what i need to do to get my skin back into a healthy looking state. I am going to try and log everyday as i feel that will help me stick to it and keep reminding why im doing the diet in the first place. Today has been quite a pig out and im going to make sure its the last one for quite a while!!
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#33 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

Before i get going tomorrow here are some pictures....

cheek1.jpg
Here is one of my cheeks, not loads of spots there at the moment but you can see the blackheads are pretty much everywhere.

cheek2.jpg
My other cheek, not alot of spots here at the moment either but aload of blackheads and you can see red marks from previous spots.

forehead.jpg
My forehead, not in the worst condition at the moment but lots of blackheads about. Its been in a lot worse condition than this before!!

nose.jpg
Heres my nose which is full of blackheads!!! They have been there for a long time and dont ever seem to go.

I fully expect things to get worse before better after what i have eaten the previous week and today, im hoping after that though things start to get better eusa_angel.gif
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#34 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

Day 1
It hasnt been such a bad day, the only bad things i ater today were during my tea but im not to fussed about that at the moment. The main thing was to not snack on the bad foods that i have been on lately, i think thats a success that i must carry on now. So heres what i ate today....

Breakfast- Green smoothie

Work Snacks- 3 apples and 2 peaches

Lunch- 1 sweet potato, tuna and cucumber

Tea- Brown rice, carrots, broccoli, sausage and chicken. The sausages and chicken are the bad part here which i will eventually cut out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I had a pineapple a little later on as well.

So overall im happy with how day 1 has gone but the main thing is to build on this, i dont want to slack and break down again, if that happens i will eat aload of bad stuff and be right back at the beginning. Im hoping tomorrow goes as well as today smile.gif
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#35 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

Day 2
Goddddamit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as i have started to type this my family have started eating chocolates and i would love one right about now eusa_wall.gif I just got to keep reminding myself that the taste will only last a minute, but the guilt will last for a while and my crap skin will last forever if i keep eating that sort of thing each night.

Anyway, moving on with things, i havnt eaten all to bad today. Its basically the same as yesterday, everything i ate was good except some bits i had for my tea, so im quite happy with how things have gone today smile.gif
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#36 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

Day 3 & 4
Basically the same as 1 & 2, no cheating as of yet. Im not sure when im going to drop the things like chicken etc from my tea, ill just and see how things go and see when i feel ill be able to stick to it.

This evening i had a major craving for some chocolate but i somehow managed to avoid it, i havnt been able to do that in ages!!

Anyway hopefully things can keep going smile.gif
To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

#37 kazza

kazza

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hey up,

How's it going? Also, what do you put in your green smoothies? I went and bought a smoothie maker but apart from spinach, I can't think what else is green and nutritious. Don't say cabbage, the thought makes me wanna barf! lol

cheers

#38 Nickay213

Nickay213

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

keep it up man! your last pics actually look like your improving =)

#39 dykim90

dykim90

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

i know you probably hear this often but you do not have big pores or that many black heads. that do not seem prominent in the pictures. it may be different in real life but i doubt it. plus everyone has blackheads. everyone. just stop scrutinizing yourself and relax and enjoy life. do something that relieves your stresses. youre stressed man.

#40 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (dykim90 @ Sep 20 2010, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know you probably hear this often but you do not have big pores or that many black heads. that do not seem prominent in the pictures. it may be different in real life but i doubt it. plus everyone has blackheads. everyone. just stop scrutinizing yourself and relax and enjoy life. do something that relieves your stresses. youre stressed man.

I dont know what happened to me as i never used to be stressed at all, for the past year its gradually got worse and its mainly at work. I dont know how im going to deal with this but i am going to have to find a way!!

Anyway i wish acne was my only problem as now these are the things im dealing with...
-Acne, Blackheads
-Flaky and itchy skin
-At times extremely itchy feet
-Poor digestion
-Constipation
-Nervous stomach

Over the last few months my cheating has been awful and my problems have defiently worsened. Im certain candida is the problem but dont have a plan how to beat it yet, im taking each day at a time and trying to improve. The first step was to get through a stage of avoiding the crap like biscuits, chocolate etc, ive done a week of this now so hopefully im completely over that.

Im also trying to find what foods seem to block my stomach up and leave me constipated, at the moment im pretty sure eggs and brown rice do. Unfortunately two foods i really like but looks like i'll have to go without them now.

Just going back to the candida issue and what diet to follow, a couple of pages back i wrote how i felt like fats (whether it be good or bad) would cause my acne and blackheads to get worse. This always sticks in my mind and makes me doubt going on a high fat candida diet will help me, im just not to sure on the low fat plan either!!! Aghhh with this could be a little bit easier!!!

I plan on keeping this log going again so it will hopefully help me stay on track.

Edited by Paul25, 27 September 2010 - 03:39 PM.

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress