Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul25

Paul25's(-Fed up of cheating-) Log To Beautiful Skin

53 posts in this topic

I havnt updated in here for a while, but my skin isnt doing great at the moment. Ive been breaking out the last week or so and its all my fault, ive eaten poorly and eaten far too much chocolate. Ive eaten chocolate everyday, i just love it far too much and am struggling to give it up. I dont know how im going to stop it, ill just have to slowly work myself off it i guess :D

Ive been focusing on liver flushes this year, ive performed 3 so far and i shall be doing one pretty much every 2 weeks. Im hoping these, and when i clean up my diet again, it shall lead to better looking clear skin.

You Just Have To Look Through The Dark

To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

Hey Paul! I was wondering what you use to flush your liver? This sounds like something I might be interested in trying...

Cheers!

Hey Paul! I was wondering what you use to flush your liver? This sounds like something I might be interested in trying...

Cheers!

I just use the regular epsom salts and olive oil method, eat a no fat breakfast and dont eat anything after 2pm. You can follow the routine from this site. I would really advise taking a malic acid supplement as well for a few days before you do the flush. I wasnt taking this for my first 2 flushes this year and they were a major disapointment but my flush 2 weeks ago was good but the flush i did last night has worked out to be the best one yet. The size of the stones that came was incredible and i couldnt believe it when i saw them. I just hope it improves my skin :D

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

I know for a fact fats make my acne and blackheads worse, whether it be healthy fats like cod liver oil and avacados or your bad fats like chocolate and biscuits. I came across an article which claimed fats were the problem and what fed candida, not actually sugar. I dont know how true this is but it has led me to avoid fats for a while, my diet beginning tomorrow will just be based on fruit and vegetables.

A couple of weeks ago i tried something similar but failed after about 4 days due to feeling to hungry, im going to have to try to fight and just stick to it. Im not sure how long ill stick to it but i am determined to give it long enough to see if it helps me.

Tomorrow is the beginning of what i hope is the cure to my skin problems.

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Good luck! I'm in the same boat as you - still trying to find that dietary trigger. I've done tons of diets - no fat, no carbs, mostly fat, etc...none of them have helped, sadly. I hope this works for you though! :)

Ive not started to good yet though, ive been starting the day off good and then ive been getting hungrier throughout the day and end up eating something. My birthday is this Saturday so i think ill start in full effect from Monday, as i fear up until then i will end up breaking it!

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Im getting very frustrated at myself recently, ive been cheating on my diet just about everyday!! I havnt been able to fight off the cravings so i cant really moan about my skin been bad to be fair.

From tomorrow i am going to be so determined to see the diet through this time, its going to be low fat high carb. I am sure this is what i need to do to get my skin back into a healthy looking state. I am going to try and log everyday as i feel that will help me stick to it and keep reminding why im doing the diet in the first place. Today has been quite a pig out and im going to make sure its the last one for quite a while!!

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Before i get going tomorrow here are some pictures....

post-55197-1246818910_thumb.jpg

Here is one of my cheeks, not loads of spots there at the moment but you can see the blackheads are pretty much everywhere.

post-55197-1246818967_thumb.jpg

My other cheek, not alot of spots here at the moment either but aload of blackheads and you can see red marks from previous spots.

post-55197-1246819006_thumb.jpg

My forehead, not in the worst condition at the moment but lots of blackheads about. Its been in a lot worse condition than this before!!

post-55197-1246819047_thumb.jpg

Heres my nose which is full of blackheads!!! They have been there for a long time and dont ever seem to go.

I fully expect things to get worse before better after what i have eaten the previous week and today, im hoping after that though things start to get better :angel:

post-55197-1246818910_thumb.jpg

post-55197-1246818967_thumb.jpg

post-55197-1246819006_thumb.jpg

post-55197-1246819047_thumb.jpg

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Day 1

It hasnt been such a bad day, the only bad things i ater today were during my tea but im not to fussed about that at the moment. The main thing was to not snack on the bad foods that i have been on lately, i think thats a success that i must carry on now. So heres what i ate today....

Breakfast- Green smoothie

Work Snacks- 3 apples and 2 peaches

Lunch- 1 sweet potato, tuna and cucumber

Tea- Brown rice, carrots, broccoli, sausage and chicken. The sausages and chicken are the bad part here which i will eventually cut out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I had a pineapple a little later on as well.

So overall im happy with how day 1 has gone but the main thing is to build on this, i dont want to slack and break down again, if that happens i will eat aload of bad stuff and be right back at the beginning. Im hoping tomorrow goes as well as today :)

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Day 2

Goddddamit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as i have started to type this my family have started eating chocolates and i would love one right about now :wall: I just got to keep reminding myself that the taste will only last a minute, but the guilt will last for a while and my crap skin will last forever if i keep eating that sort of thing each night.

Anyway, moving on with things, i havnt eaten all to bad today. Its basically the same as yesterday, everything i ate was good except some bits i had for my tea, so im quite happy with how things have gone today :)

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Day 3 & 4

Basically the same as 1 & 2, no cheating as of yet. Im not sure when im going to drop the things like chicken etc from my tea, ill just and see how things go and see when i feel ill be able to stick to it.

This evening i had a major craving for some chocolate but i somehow managed to avoid it, i havnt been able to do that in ages!!

Anyway hopefully things can keep going :)

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Hey up,

How's it going? Also, what do you put in your green smoothies? I went and bought a smoothie maker but apart from spinach, I can't think what else is green and nutritious. Don't say cabbage, the thought makes me wanna barf! lol

cheers

i know you probably hear this often but you do not have big pores or that many black heads. that do not seem prominent in the pictures. it may be different in real life but i doubt it. plus everyone has blackheads. everyone. just stop scrutinizing yourself and relax and enjoy life. do something that relieves your stresses. youre stressed man.

i know you probably hear this often but you do not have big pores or that many black heads. that do not seem prominent in the pictures. it may be different in real life but i doubt it. plus everyone has blackheads. everyone. just stop scrutinizing yourself and relax and enjoy life. do something that relieves your stresses. youre stressed man.

I dont know what happened to me as i never used to be stressed at all, for the past year its gradually got worse and its mainly at work. I dont know how im going to deal with this but i am going to have to find a way!!

Anyway i wish acne was my only problem as now these are the things im dealing with...

-Acne, Blackheads

-Flaky and itchy skin

-At times extremely itchy feet

-Poor digestion

-Constipation

-Nervous stomach

Over the last few months my cheating has been awful and my problems have defiently worsened. Im certain candida is the problem but dont have a plan how to beat it yet, im taking each day at a time and trying to improve. The first step was to get through a stage of avoiding the crap like biscuits, chocolate etc, ive done a week of this now so hopefully im completely over that.

Im also trying to find what foods seem to block my stomach up and leave me constipated, at the moment im pretty sure eggs and brown rice do. Unfortunately two foods i really like but looks like i'll have to go without them now.

Just going back to the candida issue and what diet to follow, a couple of pages back i wrote how i felt like fats (whether it be good or bad) would cause my acne and blackheads to get worse. This always sticks in my mind and makes me doubt going on a high fat candida diet will help me, im just not to sure on the low fat plan either!!! Aghhh with this could be a little bit easier!!!

I plan on keeping this log going again so it will hopefully help me stay on track.

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

At the moment i really feel like im struggling with each day, everytime i eat my stomach bloats and then i just end up feeling crap and depressed. Everytime i feel crap i start to doubt whatever diet im on and then move on to another, i seem to be mixed with the whole low fat or high fat diet STILL:rolleyes:

Over a year i read about a low fat diet for candida, i was going at a all fruit diet as snacks and stuff whilst for meals it usually consisted of veg, brown rice and sometimes chicken. It kept my skin clear but after a while my digestion completely sucked, brown rice been the main culplit as it just completely constipated me.

Ive got to make a decision now on what diet to go at as i know its not going to sort my stomach issues out instantly, i just keep thinking oh that food has made me bloated im obviously not going to be able to eat that now.

My digestion has become my main issue lately as i know if i dont fix that my skin is never going to improve, the blackheads are doing my fucking head in though. My nose and the surrounding area is just a disaster and disgusting!! Plus you can see the flaky skin shit in this pic...

post-55197-1288537270_thumb.jpg

Im taking some supplements at the moment, mainly a b-complex which includes vitamin c and then some plant enzymes. I dont know if there going to help me or not to be honest as supplements seem to bloat me as well, chlorella is an absolute beast for bloating me.

So at this moment in time ive no idea what way to turn, a low fat diet keeps my skin kinda clear but fucks my digestion. I think fats worsen my skin but not sure if they improve my digestion or not, when i go to the toilet when ive been eating fats it defiently looks healthier than when i have eating low fat....

post-55197-1288537270_thumb.jpg

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Just a question: are you using anything topically at the moment?

Also known as GreenGurl.

Currently on the Do Nothing Regimen.

Just a question: are you using anything topically at the moment?

Nah no topicals, when i have in the past they always dry my skin out so i think im better off with just using water.

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

by the way your skin looks pretty good

my skin pretty much looks the same, i simply don't cheat on my diet (no gluten, sugar ...)

but like you my digestion still troubles me and my back is not 100% clear

regarding candida i can recommend taking an alkalizing formula, the best i have found is by dr jacobs (Germany), because of its high potassium content (http://www.drjacobsmedical.com/jacobs-alkaline-formula-p-32.html). candida can't grow in an alkaline environment.

what has worked best for me is liver flushing combined with colon hydro , but i have not had time to do it, so i am exploring other avenues, that is supplements. i have to start flushing again too, you still doing them, i have had no time to do one for the past year or so?

i have yet to try peppermint oil, a good combination of systemic and digestive enzymes.

recently i have tried liquid colostrum, which is great but too expensive.

glutamine probably breaks you out, but it improves my gut problems. try cod liver oil, but it is hard to find a good one, i promise you. have you tried MSM? Bathing in epsom salts?

by the way your skin looks pretty good

my skin pretty much looks the same, i simply don't cheat on my diet (no gluten, sugar ...)

but like you my digestion still troubles me and my back is not 100% clear

regarding candida i can recommend taking an alkalizing formula, the best i have found is by dr jacobs (Germany), because of its high potassium content (http://www.drjacobsmedical.com/jacobs-alkaline-formula-p-32.html). candida can't grow in an alkaline environment.

what has worked best for me is liver flushing combined with colon hydro , but i have not had time to do it, so i am exploring other avenues, that is supplements. i have to start flushing again too, you still doing them, i have had no time to do one for the past year or so?

i have yet to try peppermint oil, a good combination of systemic and digestive enzymes.

recently i have tried liquid colostrum, which is great but too expensive.

glutamine probably breaks you out, but it improves my gut problems. try cod liver oil, but it is hard to find a good one, i promise you. have you tried MSM? Bathing in epsom salts?

Hey sorry i only just saw this reply. My skin doesnt seem majorly spotty anymore but to me it looks really unhealthy seems to be covered in blackheads.

Thanks the link, shall take a look. I defiently have a candida problem so hopefully something like that can help.

I havnt flushed in a long time now, i keep thinking about them i simply dont think i can right now. My stomach feels really bad all the time, whenever i eat it feels terrible and i have a bad nervous stomach problem at the moment which seems to be causing bloating and constipation. I have tried cod liver oil before but it makes my face oily and then leads to breakouts, tried msm as well but just didnt give it enough time before giving up. I think it started to break me out and i just stopped, even though it could have been an initial breakout.

Ive done a couple of epsom salt baths? Have you had much success from them?

Tomorrow im starting a coconut oil detox, just basically have 2 teaspoons of coconut oil every 2 hours. Its going to be tough but im going to try and last 3 days. Ive read a few people say its helped them so may as well give it a try.

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Well it didnt last long, i managed to 6pm. Not because i was hungry but my stomach was so bloated again :confused: Ah well i guess its time to move onto the next thing but i dont know what that is yet.....

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Well im back here and feel like i need to start doing this log again as i just keep cheating on my diet. I guess i feel if im logging everything down then i may start to improve things again. For the past year or so ive been pretty much cheating and i can tell that in my health, my digestion has gone terrible and my skin isnt to great.

Due to bloating problems im not quite sure what foods i can stand so im starting by saying from tomorrow there will be no cheating and thats how things begin. Im not instantly saying high fat, low fat etc im just going to see how i respond to the foods i try and go from there. I have some supplements as well i think im going to try, b-complex and zinc. I seem to have anxiety problems at the moment, hell from just going to work or driving to get some petrol seems to give me issues :think: I want to think stop been such a pussy but something just seems to click in my stomach and says your going to be nervous about this and its sets my stomach off on to feeling like crap then. Ive read b-complex can help with anxiety and zinc as well so i shall see how they go.

Day 1 (i cant believe im having to restart once again!!!!) to begin tomorrow and if i dont stick to this then i simply dont deserve to improve my skin and stomach problems!!!!

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

I thought i best start this thread again after getting lacklustre on my so called diet to see if it can help me get on track. I'm still going though skin problems and my stomach is still feeling very bloated and constipated. My main aim at the moment is to stop cheating and then move on from there i guess. The sort of foods i plan on eating for the next few days are....

-Lots of fruit

-Lots of veg

-Maybe some seeds

-Brown rice

I think i'm going to cut out any meat for abit and im also thinking of stopping salmon. My nose runs after i eat these foods so i believe i have an allergy to them at the moment. I dont have alot of confidence just eating these foods are going to help me but i shall give it ago. I seem to be always hungry lately, not sure why but it drives me mad my life seems to be completely about food now so i want to stop this. So the plan is to eat healthy and i shall also be exercising a fair bit. I think i shall have to log each day just to make sure i dont cheat!!

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

I have major cheating issues, i am disgusted with myself with how often i cheat now. My digestion is terrible and my skin isn't great but i continue to eat stuff i know is bad for. Today i have eaten chocolate and alot of it, it makes me feel terrible as well but i still eat it neutral.gif

Tomorrow i am going to begin a diet i stick to. It is going to consist of lots of fruit, vegetables and seafood. The fruits will vary on whatever i have but it will consist of lots of grapes, kiwi's, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew, peaches, strawberries etc. Vegetable will be spinach, romaince lettuce, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower etc. Seafood shall be salmon, shrimps, prawns, crab meat and cod. I would like to include eggs but i don't think my digestion can handle them at the moment.

Day one begins tomorrow, i shall try to update this everyday to make sure i stick to the diet.

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress