Photo

Paul25's(-Fed up of cheating-) Log To Beautiful Skin

ginger milk thistle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:11 PM

I cant remember the exact age i started suffering with acne, but i believe it was around the age of 15, i am now 21. Ive tried so many creams etc on my face which never really helped, the only thing that has helped were antibiotics which i wont be ever going anywhere near again.

My diet has greatly improved since the days when my acne problem started, but unfortunately my skin still isnt to great. Its always dry and flaky with spots effecting my forehead, cheeks, chin and neck.

My current beliefs are that my problems are due to my liver, although i can never be to sure on this. Im currently taking milk thistle and will be alternating this with dandelion root every 2 weeks. Im also taking cod liver oil, i havnt seen any improvement in my skin from this but its healthy for you so i shall continue to take it. I also try to eat a fair bit of coconut oil a day, and drink teas such as redbush, ginger and lemon (when i manage to buy some more). And also not forgetting i have a pro-biotic yoghurt drink every morning.

I have noticed masturbation defiently causes me problems, especially my chin area. A couple of days after masturbating i can be sure a big spot will appear on my chin. So any masturbating will not be happening until i sort out the problems in my body.

I be posting some pictures when i get the chance to, hopefully will be tonight or defiently tomorrow.

Edited by Paul25, 20 March 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#2 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

http://img360.images...p1010017jn3.jpg
I think the bottom area actually looks abit worse than it does to me, but i guess a picture doesnt lie and it really must be that bad.

http://img300.images...p1010018wl6.jpg
And the other side...........

As you can see its going to take a fair bit of work to sort this out sad.gif

#3 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Here are some more pictures taken today

forehead.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Alot of redness is in these pictures, but that may have due been to having abit of a shave just before taking these pictures.

Ive decided to start drinking nettle tea more regularly now, and i have also planned on mixing some wheatgrass powder with a glass of water 2 or 3 times a day.

My plan of doing more exercise is still on course, i managed to do 40 minutes on my stepping machine today.

Theres not much else to say for today, so ill leave it at this for now.

#4 sadapple3454

sadapple3454

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

good luck and get er done =)

#5 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (sadapple3454 @ Aug 3 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good luck and get er done =)

Thanks, and good luck on your plan. Hope it all goes well smile.gif

Nothing major to report today, will hold off from taking some pictures for a couple of days to see how things go and to notice if there are any improvements at all.

#6 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

My skin has felt so dry today, and have had a few new spots appear on my neck. I always used to think it was just alcohol every week that caused my neck to break out but i havnt drank anything in over 2 weeks. I also thought it was the alcohol causing my dry skin, now i really dont know what it is.

Today feels like abit of a downer, and i just dont know if what im doing now is even going to help with my skin. The constant irratated dry feeling on my skin continues throughout the whole day, i just want it to end and dont know how to achieve this.

Ive added green smoothies back into my diet, will have to see if they help but they didnt really when i drank them everyday before.

This is been wrote in a very glum mood, i just hope i dont feel or look as bad tomorrow as i do today.

#7 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

Im beginning to feel the milk thistle is breaking me out and causing problems so im thinking of leaving it for a couple of days and see what happens with my skin.

Yesterday and today i used an acne serum on my skin, not long after my face just felt so tight and dry so i wont be trying stuff on my face again.

The smoothies are becoming a big part of my regimen now, and im also try to eat more fatty foods, I have added avacados to my diet so we will see if that helps at all.

I went out with friends on thursday night and drank quite abit, and possibly maybe going out with friends again tonight. I guess it just hurt when i didnt go out for 3 weeks and there was no improvement in the way my face looked or felt so i just feel better going out now instead of sat home alone been depressed.

#8 The King of all Media

The King of all Media

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

Good luck bro. Trust me I can empathize.

I had completely clear skin my entire life. Never even a pimple until maybe 2-3 weeks prior to my 21st birthday my face just broke out like crazy. Was just awful. Literally couldn't even celebrate turning 21.

#9 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (The King of all Media @ Aug 9 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck bro. Trust me I can empathize.

I had completely clear skin my entire life. Never even a pimple until maybe 2-3 weeks prior to my 21st birthday my face just broke out like crazy. Was just awful. Literally couldn't even celebrate turning 21.

Thanks, and good luck to you as well. One day we shall be back to those days of clear skin, i know it.

In the report of progress, my face looks to be clearing up from the recent breakout. My chin isnt to great but i think its going to start clearing up abit now. My friends all went out drinking last night, but i chose not to, and instead of having alcohol i made my second smoothie of the day. Im going to try to make it a regular thing of having more smoothies each day now just see if that will help at all.

I absolutely love avacados!!! This is a food i got just to try and help with my dry skin, my mum said i would hate them, but this is becoming a food i really enjoy now. Unfortunately the dry skin is still pretty irratating.

I havnt done a whole load of exercise recently, but im planning on doing some in a few minutes, will hopefully get back to doing it more often now.

My mood in the last couple of days has been really good, despite my face not looking to great. My recent obsession has been ordering lots and lots of cds, having a new one to listen to each day has really kept me happy. And the thought of some new albums coming out soon keeps me excited biggrin.gif I hope i keep feeling this way, i dont want to go back to feel how i used to.

Will keep posting updates, im hoping one day this thread will turn into a success story. eusa_dance.gif

#10 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

Last Thursday i drank loads, ate pepperoni pizza and ate chips and cheese, basically completely pigged out. I havnt really suffered a big breakout like i was expecting, maybe thats down to puking up loads on friday though, whos knows lol. But anyway my face looks to be clearing and the only thing that is still bothering me are the marks from some spots on my chin a week or so ago that hasnt healed yet. Things look to be getting better but im along way from where i want to be.

Im just going to keep doing things like i am and just hope my skin gets better and better. I have decided to start taking a zinc supplement again. I remember a couple of months ago i used to masturbate almost every day and never suffered by getting a massive spot on my chin from it, i believe i took zinc at that time. It probably has nothing to do with it, but if theres any possibility that zinc helped and stopped masturbating from effecting my skin then its certainly worth a go.

#11 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Here are some pictures, things still arent to good. But some of the marks from spots that appeared a week or even longer ago are making things look worse, i hope they soon heal properly. Im just going to stick with what im doing and just hope that something good comes from it.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1200006.JPG
  • P1200007.JPG
  • P1200009.JPG

#12 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

Things arent to great at the moment as things look to be getting worse than better. Im finding it difficult to have a positive look on things as i really dont know what the problem is and what is causing me to have poor skin.

Im not sure about the whole eating extra fat at the moment, as thats what could have made me get lots more blackheads. Im stiull going to keep the avacados and coconut oil in my diet as i like them both. Im also going to try and use wheatgrass powder everyday now and give it a proper go.

So the things im doing right now to try and help my skin are green smoothies, zinc, cod liver oil and wheatgrass powder.

My skin is just in such a poor condition i dont know whats going to help but im hoping something does soon. I try to be positive so much but then i just get knocked down when my skin turns bad. I manage to get myself so much hope than something is going to work and it never does.

I remember writing a thread in the emo forum just before the beginning of 2008 and said that this was going to be the year i was going to get clear. I seriously hope that is true, but the fact we are in August now and im no where closer to curing my acne puts it in doubt. Is this just another year doomed full of acne? Im thinking so at the current time sad.gif

I hope im able to post something more positive very soon...

#13 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

I used to eat alot for my tea/dinner so im trying to cut down and just have what i want instead of eating what my family has. Its usually just a green smoothie and a poached egg. Hopefully that will improve thing. I do find myself feeling really full up after a smoothie and my stomach doesnt usually feel too good. Will have to see how things go with this.

I dont think theres much difference in my skin right now so i just have to keep on trying. I havnt found that trigger just yet, but one day it shall be found.

#14 john1234

john1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hey Paul,

this is weird, but how is the masturbation restriction? After running around in circles with my acne (clear, not clear, dry skin, good skin, depression, happy days), I still come back to the point where I think masturbation causes acne. Any takes on this issue? One thing I noticed is that my skin becomes unbearably dry when I masturbate alot.

QUOTE (Paul25 @ Aug 28 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to eat alot for my tea/dinner so im trying to cut down and just have what i want instead of eating what my family has. Its usually just a green smoothie and a poached egg. Hopefully that will improve thing. I do find myself feeling really full up after a smoothie and my stomach doesnt usually feel too good. Will have to see how things go with this.

I dont think theres much difference in my skin right now so i just have to keep on trying. I havnt found that trigger just yet, but one day it shall be found.

#15 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (john1234 @ Sep 6 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Paul,

this is weird, but how is the masturbation restriction? After running around in circles with my acne (clear, not clear, dry skin, good skin, depression, happy days), I still come back to the point where I think masturbation causes acne. Any takes on this issue? One thing I noticed is that my skin becomes unbearably dry when I masturbate alot.

QUOTE (Paul25 @ Aug 28 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its so difficult, i almost gave up yesterday but somehow managed to stick to the task. Its abit of a confusing one for me because it never used to effect my acne, i used to do it everyday. But now when i do masturbate i am guarenteed to get an awfully big spot on my chin area. So something has certainly happened in my body to mess around with something meaning masturbating does effect my acne.

#16 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

Everything is pretty much the same with my skin right now, not to much change. Ive decided to start using some products on my face just for some help with the dry and flaky skin. Im using rejuvenating cleansing milk and revitalising ginseng toner. Im hoping with a good diet and these products my skin will start to improve.

#17 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

There hasnt been too much to say really, nothing to much in changes so there hasnt been alot to post. The products i purchased were making my skin feel horrible during the day so ive stopped using them for now. Ive gone back to my redbush soap and am using the dermaflannel which i got for exfoliating.

I dont want to jinx anything but i masturbated the other day and i didnt get a huge spot on my chin. I did as well yesterday so am waiting to see what happens over the next couple of days. I seriously believe this could be due to zinc, as ive been supplementing it for a couple of weeks it could be the thing that is helping. Unfortunately though my neck has got abit more spotty over the last couple of days after looking like it was clearing up.

#18 Jezerball •°o

Jezerball •°o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:42 PM

Hey.... hope it's going well for you. Just stopping by to wish you luck. Keep us posted smile.gif

#19 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (_Jezebel_ @ Sep 19 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey.... hope it's going well for you. Just stopping by to wish you luck. Keep us posted smile.gif

Thanks for having a look in my thread smile.gif

Unfortunately had abit of a breakout this week. I have an idea it maybe due to the wheatgrass so im going to give it abit of a miss for a while to see how things go.

I think one positive though is that i havnt had one of those big spots on my chin for a couple of weeks now, which were appearing when i masturbated. They leave bad marks and take so long to heal so im hoping so much that i dont have to put up with one of those again. Once again theres nothing really new going on and no improvements unfortunately. Things have changed a few times throughout this topic so ill list what i am actually doing right now to try and beat acne.

-Green smoothies, usually 2 a day
-50mg Zinc
-Cod Liver Oil (Im thinking of stopping this after i run out as its made no visible differences to my skin)
-Vitamin D supplement
-Dermaflannel which i use to exfoliate my face
-Plenty of nettle tea throughout each day

#20 GoBills

GoBills

I really do love the Buffalo Bills!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hey Paul, just wondering how the Nettle tea is working out for you so far. How long have you been drinking it and how many times a day? Seen any results pos/neg?

I know people who take nettle in pill form for working out as it naturally raises testosterone. Thinking about doing the same but worried about it raising estrogen levels as well.

BTW judging by your pics your skin doesn't look that bad IMO. smile.gif