Photo
- - - - -

Folliculitis Maybe An Allergy? (help....please) Pics attached

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 londonmlad

londonmlad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

I'm currently undertaking treatment for folliculitis as people may know from my other posts, two cultures and no results at all for any germs, nizoral, itraconazole etc didn't work and it appears trimethoprim doesn't either after 4 weeks, got a skin biopsy in the first week of september, told me to carry on with trimethoprim until then. I found this place http://www.allergyte...uk/TheTest.html, booked in for Friday for £65, at least now i'll know for sure if it's not an allergy, wondered about dairy for years.

Is it common for loads of white heads all over beard area, chest shoulders and back to be linked to an allergy??

Any advice is welcomed as i'm so down at the moment, more over the fact that a proper diagnosis cannot yet be made

EDIT - Added pics, i don't know what to do, i can't go on looking like this, just hundreds of dots with whiteheads

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

#2 londonmlad

londonmlad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

anybody? i'm at the end of my tether

#3 firestar

firestar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

go buy dettol antiseptic soap.
also buy the handwash, use these for 2 weeks and see if it has ANY effect.

#4 londonmlad

londonmlad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (firestar @ Jul 31 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
go buy dettol antiseptic soap.
also buy the handwash, use these for 2 weeks and see if it has ANY effect.

thanks for the response, however both cultures i've had have returned negative for any harmful germs?! so surely an anti bac soap won't do anything? I'm currently using simple soap but it's terrible at the mo

#5 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

Hi

I don't know about the link between "whiteheads" and an allergy. I have been wondering the same myself since I get this shit on my body too.

is the first pic of the side of your back?

One thing I can recommend is stop washing with the soap you are using and buy some Sulphur/Salicylic Acid soap from sal3.com. Sulphur/Salicylic Acid treats a lot of skin conditions(dandruff, folliculitis, acne etc.) and therefore it's good to use when you're not 100% percent sure what it is that you got.

Have you considered Accutane?

Keep us updated regarding your allergy test and good luck clearing it up!

#6 londonmlad

londonmlad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (White Fox @ Aug 1 2008, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I don't know about the link between "whiteheads" and an allergy. I have been wondering the same myself since I get this shit on my body too.

is the first pic of the side of your back?

One thing I can recommend is stop washing with the soap you are using and buy some Sulphur/Salicylic Acid soap from sal3.com. Sulphur/Salicylic Acid treats a lot of skin conditions(dandruff, folliculitis, acne etc.) and therefore it's good to use when you're not 100% percent sure what it is that you got.

Have you considered Accutane?

Keep us updated regarding your allergy test and good luck clearing it up!

the first pic is of my left shoulder, i've tried sulphur and salicylic acid before and they did nothing. I was on accutane when i actually had spots, i'm certain this is folliculitis, they're not just red lumps but all whiteheads and they don't scar, that's not acne as far as i remember. Got my allergy test in 3 hours so i'll let you know, although i know it's not going to do anything sods law

#7 londonmlad

londonmlad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

Ok so it turns out i've quite a severe allergy to dairy products, i've been off it ever since so hopefully it will start to get better. i've stopped the trimethoprim, they were doing jack sh*t to be honest after 5 weeks, if anything they made it worse. The girl at the allergy test also gave me some probiotics to be taken twice daily, still going to see my derm in early september for my skin biopsy, if that doesn't present any cause then i really don't have a clue what i'm going to do.

The probiotics i'm on are called 'multiflora super probiotic', containing bifidobacterium (all different kinds), lactobacillus (again all different kinds) and also streptococcus thermophilus...phew. The container says it's about 4 billion bacteria, not sure if that's per tablet or entire container.

#8 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

That's good news. Atleast there's a good chance that it might clear you up if you quit dairy.

Keep us updated!!!

#9 londonmlad

londonmlad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (White Fox @ Aug 4 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's good news. Atleast there's a good chance that it might clear you up if you quit dairy.

Keep us updated!!!

thanks white fox, it's always difficult as i can't imagine not being with this crap on me and when i try something i expect results in a few days or i think it's not working, gonng stick with this regimen and keep my fingers crossed that the skin biopsy shows something.

the allergy test looked at my candida levels, although some of the things i was allergic to were consistant with candida it was only at just above normal level apparently. However, she said it might be buried so far in the gut that it can't be seen yet and to test again in a month or so after the course of probiotics

#10 LexieF

LexieF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

I feel your pain.

I've been battling the same thing for YEARS. I've been on accutane - twice, mino, and every topical you could name. This is what I'm currently using and it's really - HELPED.

Grandpa's baking soda soap, then Nizoral shampoo (allow to sit while in the shower) rinse off, after drying I spray on Thai Deodorant spray - it's all natural mineral salt. I have very little new breakouts, just old scarring. I STILL DON'T KNOW THE CAUSE.

Over the past few months I have been determine to find out the cause. I also went for blood test for allergies, and so far nothing. I went for more testing this morning. I also am doing colonics, and did my first liver flush last Friday. Hopefully over the next few months this will improve or fix the problem - the herbalist I visited stated it could be toxins...everyone releases toxins differently and for those of us that have skin issues, that's supposedly the cause. My skin is slowly improving - we'll see if she right after a few more months.

Please keep me posted.

#11 londonmlad

londonmlad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (LexieF @ Aug 4 2008, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel your pain.

I've been battling the same thing for YEARS. I've been on accutane - twice, mino, and every topical you could name. This is what I'm currently using and it's really - HELPED.

Grandpa's baking soda soap, then Nizoral shampoo (allow to sit while in the shower) rinse off, after drying I spray on Thai Deodorant spray - it's all natural mineral salt. I have very little new breakouts, just old scarring. I STILL DON'T KNOW THE CAUSE.

Over the past few months I have been determine to find out the cause. I also went for blood test for allergies, and so far nothing. I went for more testing this morning. I also am doing colonics, and did my first liver flush last Friday. Hopefully over the next few months this will improve or fix the problem - the herbalist I visited stated it could be toxins...everyone releases toxins differently and for those of us that have skin issues, that's supposedly the cause. My skin is slowly improving - we'll see if she right after a few more months.

Please keep me posted.

Will do lexie, mines not acne at all, it just looks like a rash, it doesn't scar. I tried nizoral when i first saw my derm, that and itraconazole and it did nothing after 4 weeks of it, two cultures showed no germs that's why he's doing a biopsy next. He said it could be a rare form of folliculitis that is caused by white blood cells in the follicle.

I think i fucked my skin up right royally when i did used to get real spots on it, i was leaving panoxyl wash (10% BP) on overnight and my skin was very dry and looked chemically burnt, i'm sure that's what caused it so i'm hoping it's just my skin producing loads of sebum to recover and hopefully it will stop soon, dunno what i'm gonna do if i can't get rid of it

#12 LexieF

LexieF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

Any updates?

#13 scouser

scouser

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

Looking at those pics for me is like looking in a mirror.

I was just thinking I could have the same dairy product problem. I wasn't that bad a few weeks ago but over the last week I've started having yoghurts for my breakfast and suddenly I have had a bad breakout.

I'm not a milk drinker and don't like cheese so it seems to make sense that as soon as I've had a dairy product I have had a break out.

It's really doing my head in now. I just want them to go. Annoying the hell out of me. I don't know anyone else with the same problem and it is embarrassing when I go swimming and get changed in school for P.E.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#14 TuscanDriver

TuscanDriver

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have had this complaint for sometime now.
From my own research, this complaint of Folliculitis is an autoimmune system disorder.
It is a very complex complaint to analyse however, from my own experience, you will do well to avoid too much refined sugar and fat as this agitates the condition and makes it a lot worse!

It would appear that this condition is more confined to people in their early fifties and is more visible around the shoulders and thighs.
I believe that the autoimmune system disorder is activated by a traumatic experience, this then makes the autoimmune system hyperactive and sensitive in its form to sweat, and sugars and targets this as a flue like imposter, your white blood cells rush to the skins surface to eliminate this causing the furuncle or carbuncles.

To counteract this, take 1 antihistamine tablet per day and the complaint will subside a lot also, DO NOT wear tight nylon/polyester type clothing, always wear cotton material and this will also eliminate any further attacks of the condition.

I might also emphasise that drinking plenty of water, up to 2litres per day will clear up the condition and flush out all the toxins your body has built up over time.
If you do any sporting activity, wash immediately after using shower gels, DO NOT use soaps as this will clog the pores of your skin.

Also change your food diet from fatty foods to the non fatty variety.
This is not a cure for the complaint as their is no cure currently, you live with it by controlling it.