Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mandelic Acid (AHA) vs Salicylic Acid (BHA)

10 posts in this topic

Mandelic Acid (AHA) is water based, correct? It tends to have higher concentrations (15%) but it doesn't bind to oil like Salicylic Acid (BHA).

Is Mandelic Acid more effective in bringing up clogged up pores? Better than SA?

never tried AHA, but i've found salicylic acid does not work too well for many people, as some people i have talked to say it destroyed their face.

but from the description of how salicylic acid binds to acid, you make it seem like AHA definitely would be more effective

never tried AHA, but i've found salicylic acid does not work too well for many people, as some people i have talked to say it destroyed their face.

but from the description of how salicylic acid binds to acid, you make it seem like AHA definitely would be more effective

SA binds to OIL, making it more effective in theory than MA which binds to water AFAIK.

which exfolaites surface better. becaue sa does not remove my dead surface skin very well. reasonwhy?

Well, I guess I do not understand them.

Could someone, please, explain the difference and why Mandelic Acid tends to be more popular?

Like I said earlier, y theory SA is supposed to treat acne better than MA.

i know that sa is oil souble and ahas are water soluble, while mandelic is both water and oil soluble,

but sa is also to exfoiate the surface skin and inside pore, but why does it not exofilate surface as good as aha for me?

i know that sa is oil souble and ahas are water soluble, while mandelic is both water and oil soluble,

but sa is also to exfoiate the surface skin and inside pore, but why does it not exofilate surface as good as aha for me?

Mandelic Acid (AHA) is water based, correct? It tends to have higher concentrations (15%) but it doesn't bind to oil like Salicylic Acid (BHA).

Is Mandelic Acid more effective in bringing up clogged up pores? Better than SA?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry2363176

Check out LQ's thread - read it - not just the end - gives you a lot of info about MA and talks about SA too further on. MA has antibacterial properties, so it is also a good sub for BP, kind of an all in one. I like SA and MA and get better results incorporating both in my reg.