• Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Banana cookies

Ingredients:

2 Ripe Bananas

1 Cup Quick Cooking Oats

Directions:

Slice banans into a bowl and mix with oats until well combined.
Place on a greased cookie sheets in 1 inch balls.
Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Edited by alternativista, 28 May 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#82 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Very good Paleo recipe site.

http://fastpaleo.com...paleo-pad-thai/

Edited by alternativista, 29 May 2013 - 03:27 PM.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

#83 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Several recipes and techniques I plan to try, experiment, post, comment on in the appropriate thread, etc. But it's too hard to do on the ipad.  The strawberry oat squares had a jam recipe in which chia seeds are the thickener.  Must check that out.  The coconut gluten free cake was for a basic cake recipe to use to make a dump cake. This is where you put fruit or whatever, usually canned pie filling, in the bottom of a baking dish, then sprinkle on a box of cake mix dry. Not mixed with any wet ingredients. And then you dot with pats of butter and bake. It's a great technique. I just don't want to do it with canned pie filling and boxed cake mix.  And i want to do it with dried coconut.

Cooking w Siri - great Indian cooking blog!

For making your own products, saving money and avoiding chemicals and big corporations:

Edited by alternativista, 29 May 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#84 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

This is what I made today for a low-histamine, antiinflammatory, low GI elimination diet with a lot of restrictions at the initial stage. This was surprisingly filling! Baked sweet potato, green veggies (kale and spinach mostly), and zucchini sauteed in grapeseed oil with basil and garlic. Very easy and quick, perfect for the culinary challenged like me.

Attached Thumbnails

• SSPX0056.jpg

Edited by WishClean, 08 June 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#85 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

can anyone tell me how to i prepare pumpkin seeds as a snack?

i wouldnt like it sweet.

may be a lil' salt.

do i need to boil or soak before i toast them in a skillet?

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

#86 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Bumping to keep it from getting archived. It was pinned until the recent restructuring.

#87 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Yes, this should be pinned again!

Homemade Hershey's syrup with only 5 ingredients. You can replace cocoa powder with carob for a safer mix.

http://www.babysaver...p-from-scratch/

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#88 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users