Food & Recipe Resource

garlic ginger low carb green smoothie gluten vegetarian paleo candida probiotic

87 replies to this topic

#41 crystalthelondonlover

crystalthelondonlover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy, health, and expanding and manipulating my mind to have it be what I want. I want everyone else to be warmed by the sun light that reveals the world of corruption we live in! We will heal and be lovely again!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

How come many people allow cheese or cottage cheese. I thought dairy was the devil and laden with hormones when it came to acne?

Yogurt too?

#42 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy short walks on the beach.

Achievements

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

wrong section Posted Image

Edited by tim12, 27 February 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#43 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

http://stuffimakemyh...d.blogspot.com/

This website is pretty awesome for food ideas.

#44 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

Does anyone have a good gluten-free pancake recipe? I made quinoa pancakes, and they were disgusting. I made some other ones with a mix of a few flours (like garbanzo bean, potato, and rice) and it was pretty good.

#45 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Does anyone have a good gluten-free pancake recipe? I made quinoa pancakes, and they were disgusting. I made some other ones with a mix of a few flours (like garbanzo bean, potato, and rice) and it was pretty good.

Look at the coconut and breakfast threads for coconut pancakes and banana/nut butter pancakes.

#46 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

Does anyone know a good replacement for tortillas? I miss mexican food. :(

#47 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Does anyone know a good replacement for tortillas? I miss mexican food. Posted Image

Are you avoiding all grains? If not, corn tortillas are ok. Just read the label for additives or make your own. There's also a recipe for oat tortillas here somewhere, I think the better bread or better grain thread.

There's also lettuces, cabbage and other veggies. Jicama can be sliced really thin and used for tacos. The Food network show Mexican Made easy had a segment in which this was done.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Mexicans don't wrap everything they eat up in a tortilla. It is in fact possible to eat Mexican food and all the great flavors in dishes that have nothing to do with tortillas.

#48 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Does anyone know a good replacement for tortillas? I miss mexican food. Posted Image

Are you avoiding all grains? If not, corn tortillas are ok. Just read the label for additives or make your own. There's also a recipe for oat tortillas here somewhere, I think the better bread or better grain thread.

There's also lettuces, cabbage and other veggies. Jicama can be sliced really thin and used for tacos. The Food network show Mexican Made easy had a segment in which this was done.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Mexicans don't wrap everything they eat up in a tortilla. It is in fact possible to eat Mexican food and all the great flavors in dishes that have nothing to do with tortillas.

I figured I'd get that response, but I'm talking about the San Diegan mexican food I'm used to/love. :)

#49 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

I figured I'd get that response, but I'm talking about the San Diegan mexican food I'm used to/love. Posted Image

You'd think with San Diego being so close to Baja, San Diego-Mex would be full of seafood and other dishes not wrapped up in a tortilla.

#50 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

I figured I'd get that response, but I'm talking about the San Diegan mexican food I'm used to/love. Posted Image

You'd think with San Diego being so close to Baja, San Diego-Mex would be full of seafood and other dishes not wrapped up in a tortilla.

Yes but it's the tortilla wrapped-up ones I miss. Please share any of the latter if it suits you.

#51 richardgleaton

richardgleaton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Any 2Keywords

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

This is a great informed site..It has covered all thing which is necesaary and important..There is no need of doctor after reading it...It has all information from lunch to dinner...And the links you had provided are also superb...

#52 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

Yes but it's the tortilla wrapped-up ones I miss. Please share any of the latter if it suits you.

Have you ever watched 'Mexican Made Easy?' The host/chef is from Baja and mostly makes things from the area. I take it you are avoiding all grains. Have you done it for a while? You might try buying some Masa Harina and making your own tortillas free from additives. Or see if you can find a restaurant or tortillaria that makes them fresh, meant to be eaten fresh, and so are free from additives. The corn in masa harina has been soaked in an alkaline solution, called lime but not the citrus, that breaks down anti-nutrients. It's probably not a problem for you to have some once in a while..

#53 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Shopping,reading
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

Very informative thread! I recommend this to all my friends. I took out so many recipes, yumm!

#54 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

I've always been a huge fan of gluten and dairy, its hard to me to follow the paleo diet :P

anyways this fruit salad i just made today was delicious, I gotta admit, i enjoy more eating this than a cheese sandwich i used to eat before

Posted Image

this salad was made of white and black grapes, mango, watermelon, small peaches (dont know the name in english) and kiwi

#55 Tailypoe3

Tailypoe3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

I would really love to fix some hamburgers but i can not find any bread at the store that is gluten free, it sux so bad cuz i am missing a good grilled burger as part as my acne free diet while trying to gain weight.

I've been dying to try these, but I decided to cut dairy :(

http://www.healthyli.../07/3-in-1.html

#56 thrillpink

thrillpink

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

What do you guys think of peanut butter? The ones without sugar in it of course.

#57 tk112233

tk112233

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

the other day i was browsing through the gluten-free section in the store and found this organic vegetable broth: http://www.pacificfo...vegetable-broth

it's gluten free, kosher parve, dairy free, low sodium, low fat, and vegan diet.
and the ingredients are:
  • Filtered water
  • Organic carrots
  • Organic tomatoes
  • Organic celery
  • Organic onions
  • Organic garlic
  • Organic leeks
  • Sea salt
  • Organic bay leaves
  • Organic parsley
  • Organic thyme
do you think it's ok for me to give it a try? it's all organic ingredients and there isn't any weird junk in it like other broths that i've seen.

#58 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

^ Yes. But you could also make your own veggie broths and freeze. Just simmer up your veggie scraps (add some garlic cloves) from when you cook. Include the onion skins as there's apparently a lot of the quercetin in the skin. Plus it makes a nice color. And leeks and green onions are great because you have all the green parts to flavor your broth. I always make a lot of broth whenever I have leeks.

#59 Byse

Byse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for this great healthy food resource .

#60 tk112233

tk112233

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

^ Yes. But you could also make your own veggie broths and freeze. Just simmer up your veggie scraps (add some garlic cloves) from when you cook. Include the onion skins as there's apparently a lot of the quercetin in the skin. Plus it makes a nice color. And leeks and green onions are great because you have all the green parts to flavor your broth. I always make a lot of broth whenever I have leeks.

yeah i'll be making my own broth this week!

Edited by tk112233, 08 February 2012 - 07:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users