pop

28 replies to this topic

#21 Bad head

Bad head

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

I had been to at least 10 dermatologist with the same problem with bump with fluid. It came over night while at a outing, I was at a motel and it started after that. I don't know how it started, I just don't remember having them before. I think that I have the medicine that is really helping me. I am not saying they have gone away totally, but this medicine has really turned it around. First do not touch them or they will move around, it seems that the fluid causes more. Sometimes they heal on top, but they stay under the skin and if you irritate them they will pop up. I had one under the skin for a year. The medicine I take is spironolactone 50mg twice a day. Then the cream to use every day is tretinoin cream .025. If you barely touch them they will swell so don't even scratch your face or it will swell. The doctor does not know what it is either. I have had biopsies and scraping and they still do not know. I even tried fungus meds and meds for scabies and neither touched it. I hope this helps. Do not squeeze blackheads either.

#22 Paula1

Paula1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hello Fellow Bumps with Clear Fluid sufferers:

I have the same problem. They appeared overnight one day and covered my whole face and yikes -- changed me overnight from happy and outgoing to pretty much a recluse. Just -- awful. Weirder still, I have been to literally thirty or so dermatologists over an eight year period -- four biopsies -- and no diagnosis. I don't understand this. I have been to the heads of reputable hospitals, the best derms -- no diagnosis.

I'll cut to the chase. After several years of this some things have helped somewhat -- it's not gone but it's not as horribly disfiguring as it was:

NEEM powder. This is an ayurvedic cure for inflammation. It comes in a powder. Make a mask with water or calendula gel. Leave it until it dries. Wash off. Helps.

FOR ME -- I wash, then use isopropyl alcohol to disinfect both the cyst and a needle. I pop it with the needle. Squeeze NOT ALL but some of the liquid out. I put on a topical steroid cream to keep the caking down somewhat. (The liquid cakes the day after -- it's not a scab, but like a scab) Anyway, this cream is  called DESONIDE cream. It comes with a ton of possible side effects so contact your doctor and listen up about side effects. I have not experienced any however it can have a lot.

The needle extraction helps. Also helped A BIT -- blu u therapy with levulan.... but expensive and not that helpful. But it did help.

Try also FULLERS EARTH masks. This is a volcanic clay used in industrial oil spills. It is a super-absorbent clay. You can get this at an Indian store also. It is called MULTI MITTI in ayurvedic healing. (The only place I could find it is in our "Little India" I.e. Indian part of the city.

Soaking my skin in a combo of fairly hot water, baking soda, epson salts and sea salts helps a bit also. Pat dry :)

Does anyone know what on earth these are? I have no staph, no infection, no rosacea, no rheumatoid illness... no doctor can tell me what this is. It is not folliculitus or acne. It is not sebaceous hyperplasia. It is not follicular spongiosis. It MAY BE a type of pustular atopic dermatitis -- but they cannot help me with it. Nada! Nothing! It's 2013!!! I have been to the Cleveland Clinic -- some of the best dermatologists in the world -- no one know what these are. If anyone does I'd love to know. BTW I believe the liquid is called serous. 

Best, of luck,

I guess even if we feel really badly we are not alone :(

The Neem and needle extractions are making a difference for me. Be warned: If you have staph and do this you can get into some serious trouble. So see a derm first and don't spread an infection around. If you do extract -- safety first! Wash, sterilize, wash. 

Best,

PV

#23 SublimeMom

SublimeMom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hello Fellow Bumps with Clear Fluid sufferers:

I have the same problem. They appeared overnight one day and covered my whole face and yikes -- changed me overnight from happy and outgoing to pretty much a recluse. Just -- awful. Weirder still, I have been to literally thirty or so dermatologists over an eight year period -- four biopsies -- and no diagnosis. I don't understand this. I have been to the heads of reputable hospitals, the best derms -- no diagnosis.

I'll cut to the chase. After several years of this some things have helped somewhat -- it's not gone but it's not as horribly disfiguring as it was:

NEEM powder. This is an ayurvedic cure for inflammation. It comes in a powder. Make a mask with water or calendula gel. Leave it until it dries. Wash off. Helps.

FOR ME -- I wash, then use isopropyl alcohol to disinfect both the cyst and a needle. I pop it with the needle. Squeeze NOT ALL but some of the liquid out. I put on a topical steroid cream to keep the caking down somewhat. (The liquid cakes the day after -- it's not a scab, but like a scab) Anyway, this cream is  called DESONIDE cream. It comes with a ton of possible side effects so contact your doctor and listen up about side effects. I have not experienced any however it can have a lot.

The needle extraction helps. Also helped A BIT -- blu u therapy with levulan.... but expensive and not that helpful. But it did help.

Try also FULLERS EARTH masks. This is a volcanic clay used in industrial oil spills. It is a super-absorbent clay. You can get this at an Indian store also. It is called MULTI MITTI in ayurvedic healing. (The only place I could find it is in our "Little India" I.e. Indian part of the city.

Soaking my skin in a combo of fairly hot water, baking soda, epson salts and sea salts helps a bit also. Pat dry smile.png

Does anyone know what on earth these are? I have no staph, no infection, no rosacea, no rheumatoid illness... no doctor can tell me what this is. It is not folliculitus or acne. It is not sebaceous hyperplasia. It is not follicular spongiosis. It MAY BE a type of pustular atopic dermatitis -- but they cannot help me with it. Nada! Nothing! It's 2013!!! I have been to the Cleveland Clinic -- some of the best dermatologists in the world -- no one know what these are. If anyone does I'd love to know. BTW I believe the liquid is called serous. 

Best, of luck,

I guess even if we feel really badly we are not alone sad.png

The Neem and needle extractions are making a difference for me. Be warned: If you have staph and do this you can get into some serious trouble. So see a derm first and don't spread an infection around. If you do extract -- safety first! Wash, sterilize, wash. 

Best,

PV

Please send me a pm if you would like to discuss this problem. I suffer from these myself and I have a few theories.

#24 purple123

purple123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Sounds like a deep cyst in its early stages. When you press, lymph fluid (which carries white blood cells, intended to fight infection) comes out. If you left it alone long enough, some sebum might collect, but because it's so deep, it can never make it to the surface (rather it might get reabsorbed by your body).The cause is probably a sebaceous gland gone haywire. I get these around my period all the time. Some eventually fill with a bit of sebum, others don't seem to. At the moment, I have four scabs from these.

#25 wylderose

wylderose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

New sufferer of these clear fluid filled lumps on face and back of thighs here, lol... I have been getting these horrible things for about 15 years now and I have never found a thing that helps... I am afraid that I am a "picker" which makes them 1000 times worse... I have been reading this thread and think I will try the sulfur treatment, it sure can't hurt as I have tried so many other things without success... I guess I am here for support as much as anything, you all will know just how disfiguring these things are and how they affect one's sense of wellbeing and self esteem... Thanks for reading this, I will pop back from time to time to catch up...

Saw my Dr today and he believes that my skin condition is caused by the many, many medications I take for heart failure and pulmonary fibrosis (plus several other medical conditions)... He said my skin is very fragile from these medications (quite possibly conflicting with each other) so I am getting an extreme inflammatory reaction whenever I try to squeeze or pick those fluid lumps or even the tiniest of blackheads or whiteheads... His advice is to a) keep my fingernails very short and clean all the time b) sit on my hands when watching tv or just sitting doing nothing c) apply a cold pack to control itching and inflammation and d) keep my skin moisturised because dry skin can cause itching... So we will see how this all goes and I will report back with any results, lol...

Edited by wylderose, 28 January 2014 - 01:31 AM.

#26 LadyPink

LadyPink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Travelling.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Acne rosacea or ''adult'' acne is red bumps that don't come to a head and a clear liquidy stuff can be expressed by squeezing. If you aggressively squeeze the cysts you can aggravate them and cause infection that needs to be treated with prescription antibiotics.

I get these all the time and it is by far the worst acne I have ever experienced. I've treated my facial issues with birth control and once you find the right one it is a life saver.

Hormonal imbalances are likely the cause for these break outs.

#27 parker29

parker29

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

I get these all the time, always around my chin and I tried all sorts,then I gave sudocrem a try and at first I thought as its quite oily I thought id break out even more,I didn't just slap it on but I dabbed it on and it wasn't a thick layer either,I left it on overnight and in the morning the pain had almost gone and the redness and swelling had really gone down. This is the only thing that I've found has helped me,I wont be squeezing them again,that's for sure.

#28 rickfrost

rickfrost

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hello all. I realize this is an older post but as it still pops up i thought i would reply. This type if "deep" acne is indeed just that. There is one primary prevention practice that i know seems to work best and that is to wash your pillowcase! It may seem you do, but generally speaking...if you dont wash your hair often...or go to bed after you sweat a lot...your pillowcase will get very dirty very quickly. This grease will infect your face if youre a stomach sleeper...and the neckline below your hair if youre a back sleeper. They are too deep to eliminate once you have them...but by not sharing a pillow with a partner that doesnt wash their hair often...and by washing your hair before bed or keeping your pillowcase clean...this has pretty much eliminated the issue. Think about your hygiene and laundry habits and maybe this will help.

#29 Kezdog

Kezdog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

I know it might sound randome but, the cream I use for this (sorry can't remember the name of it) Is one that is used mainly for splinters, as it softens the skin and draws out the foreign object as well as any fluid from that area being infection or natural Body fluid made to help with the exit of the splinterThere are a few type I would say but in general they would all do the same thing. In the case of the red hard sore bump I put a generous amount onto a bandaid and stick it onto that spot when i sleep. This way, all that unwanted swelling is gone because it was drawing it out over the night, and if there is a head to eventually pop up, the skin has been softened to encourage this faster

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users