RSXBOI

bumps with clear fluid that dont pop?

63 posts in this topic

The post is written in very a good manner and it entails much useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post.

I started getting these in my 50s, I didn't have acne in my teens. Mine start as a small painful hard lump under the skin which comes to the surface quickly. The pimple and redness is finite, small, about 1/8". There is no head or pus inside, only a clear liquid that drains if I either lance with a needle or, if left alone, seems to leak out of several pores.  The bumps get red when they come to the surface, then look like a very small skin ulcer, then get a crusty scab and take at least a week to heal, but the pimple redness/hardness remains. I seem to get several in a row but I can go several months without having any. I only get them on the skin on my lower cheeks, down both sides of my mouth to just under my chin/jaw. (I don't mean touching my  lips like a cold sore. If I were a guy, this is the area where a fu man chou moustache would be.)  

I have researched these for a long time and can't find what they are online. I know they are NOT acne rosacea or seborrheic eczema or carbuncles or 'regular' (poppable) pimples with white matter inside.  They don't come from an unclean pillow case as someone stated above!

Here's what I associate mine with:  
- If I eat a lot of gluten, as I did the last week on a camping trip, that seems to cause a break-out. I'm not completely gluten-free, but have decreased it greatly over the past 2+ years. 
-When I don't drink 8+ glasses of water a day (blaming it on the camping trip again.)
-Although I'm in menopause, I still get monthly cramps like I did when ovulating. Almost always these pimples occur at the same time, making me think they're hormone-related.

I have these large painful bumps with serum in them on my scalp??? The 5th dermatologist thinks it could be hives. He wants to biopsy one when it is new. Kind of hard if they come during the night or he's busy. But I'll try. They cause hair loss but would be better if I kept my hands off them. Cuz after the serum comes a scab. Biopsy on a scab bed one just shows inflammation. Have tried most antibiotics and topical S, but still have 5 or 6????????

I was happy to come across this posting..I am right in there with all of you..been to Dr's. Bx's, no one can give it a name, been told stress, etc and more... I believe it's internal def of something!!??.. I am 56 & this has been going on now for 2 years..has  anyone had a gastric bypass? I am  10 years out very successful..just wondering..no one of a medical profession can relate that to date..but something is  going on..I have never had acne issues of any sort until now...I don't relate this to acne..no head..lists of fluid...painful..everything you guys have said. SAD.

Having these bumps for about 5 years now.  im 52 years old.  Pure speculation but they seemed to have occurred after the Fukushima disaster.  Im on the west coast.  Paranoia maybe? or not...

I Have these. I also have mild acne and persistent blackheads/ugly pores on my nose, and general mild skin redness, but these... THINGS are the worst of it all. I get one about once every two years since I was 16 and I'm 22 now. Mine develop QUICKLY... and I mean quickly. I've had them go from zero to half an inch in diameter over a period of 8 hours while I was awake before. 

I just friggin pop the dang things. Sometimes I get a needle and do it, sometimes even with a hypo but usually I just take a warm shower, dry my hands, and squeeze and squeeze all that clear fluid out. I've found on some (but not all) that deep deep WAY deep in the center of these things is a tiny little bit of white stuff commonly seen in whiteheads (or similar), and after a good squeeze session or two, that the healing takes place and the swelling goes away. In the cases where the tiny kernel of white goo comes out, healing is almost overnight in my case. If I don't see the white stuff, I squeeze until there is a fairly reliable drip of blood coming out of the "THING" at every sqeeze, perhaps the blood helps with healing? Usually when the white stuff comes out (if it does) it comes out very violently, as if it were way way down there. 

I'm a hobby mechanic and a machine service tech, and have often wondered if these are caused by oil exposure (motor oil, etc) this is not conclusive by any means but I can say I try to wash my face well once or twice a day and use Benzoil Peroxide once a day. 

It is important to note that the attitude and behavior of "Mr JiffyPop" Is neither medically advisable nor is it sane. He is blessed with a remarkable regenerative ability of his skin, and has healed completely without scarring from a 3 inch long, half inch wide third degree burn in less than 2 years time to the point that it is invisible unless looked at *VERY* closely. In that sense, Mr "JiffyPop" does not respect nor follow the generally regarded ideal not to pop, lance, squeeze out, cut, or otherwise remove Acne of all sorts because he can do this largely without confidence. Mr "JiffyPop" will continue doing his own methods because they work for him, and Him alone. Popping is generally not smart. 

Check out "Blind Pimples".  It sounds like we all have the same problem.

http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/skin-care/acne-blemish-prone/the-truth-about-blind-pimples-13274

So, I'm going to give you all why this is happening. I too suffered from this issue, and like many of you searched Google and spoke to numerous doctors. Let me start by explaining exactly what I have and what makes my perspective unique.

I have suffered from Acne, did the acutane thing way back in 1999 and cured it for the most part. I also have psoriasis, like this issue no one knew a cure or treatment for that either until much more recently, so I have been on similar hunts for answers.

Now I'll describe exactly what I have. The pimple-like liquid filled pockets from hell come in 2 forms for me. 1- very small ones, that once I pop one more show up, and they fill and grow slightly with a life cycle of a week to months. 2- medium sized deep pockets, that once bothered and/or popped grow, widen, and a refilling occurs in seconds. Some of these can grow huge (1 inch in diameter or more at times), and the amount of putrid, somewhat wet yet fast drying liquid that can come out of these ones is mind boggling. These can last a few days, if I really go at them, or even months until they are fully gone. Now her is something in my case that many of you failed to mention. I can get these anywhere. Face, arms, legs, chest, etc.

First the disappointing part, trust me there is no diagnosis for these yet. The truth of it is that there are too many diseases, and conditions for doctors to figure them all out. So while your dermatologist is trying to find something that has already been classified, named, and treated; and you are looking up disease after disease, just to find that one variable that makes this issue different, the fact is that this is different. But, that doesn't mean there isn't a reason and a solution.

My lastest finding for what I thought this could be led me to a type of Pemphigoid, go ahead look it up. The blisters in this type of autoimmune disorder act exactly as ours do. The differences though are in how they continue on to get worse, how big they actually get, and that they Spread at deadly rates.

But part of the medical post that I read made it all click. Many of you, including me, have mentioned things like caffeine, sugar, stress, etc. I  have noticed that if I have a huge amount of coffee or RedBull, or I eat a lot of sugar I am more prone to bad breakouts. AND NO I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CUT THOSE THINGS OUT. But, I noticed that energy seems to be a common theme i.e. Hormones, caffeine, stress, adrenaline. These all have similar bi-products. I have no clue which bi-product is causing this, or even if it's from the rise in heart rate, or actual chemicals that create the heart rate to go up. But I know that a bi-product of that causes our bodies to have excess of something that needs to be removed.

Here is what I am suggesting, when we drink too much coffee, or stress out, eat a whole box of sugary candy, or hormones go nuts and we don't have enough ways to excrete the bi-product it comes out through our pores. For most of you it chooses the route of the face, and for me it finds the fastest route it can. When we pop the place where it builds up, it flows like steam finally finding an escape route. And it continues to use that escape route until it dries up or gets shut down.

Here's my crazy idea of a solution. I'm from Philadelphia, but live in Orlando. Recently as the weather has gotten dry... Finally... I started becoming way more thirsty. So instead of a quad espresso and various other drinks throughout the day, I noticed I was drinking a lot of water. I also noticed that I had to go to the bathroom more often. In  past three weeks my skin cleared up. What I'm getting at is that no matter what the cause of the crazy chemical that's coming from our pours. The problem is a mixture of creating too much of it, and not having a way to secrete all of it it (in my case dehydration). Most of us these days use anti-perspirant blocking another major way to get it out as well. Please test my theory. Over the next 2 weeks every time you do something that creates or adds energy, or raises your rate drink 2 bottles (or glasses) of water. For some you that may be a lot of water, but don't go overboard. Remember you just have to do enough to get the crap flowing  that way instead of the other. It's gonna be different for everyone. I really hope I am right. Let me know. Find me on Facebook using my email: rodenbacha AT gmail DOT com.  Mention this group in a message so I know to accept the friend request.

Edited by AX771
Typos
1 person likes this

On Friday, April 03, 2015 at 7:48 AM, zoltar said:

I never had pimples as a kid...perfect skin....I am 63 now, and for the past 20 years of so, I have had periodic outcroppings of hard lumps underneath the skin in my chin area....They begin to feel tight and slightly annoying ..so I squeeze the lump between my fingers till the skin tears and claer licquid oozes out....I do it over and over till they feel depleted of liquid. The liquid returns (usually in the early evening)..I repeat the squeezing process..for a few days till the lump gives up, and I win for the moment...I end up with a few scabbed over lesions, but they heal quickly and I cover them with calomine lotion, as a concealer. My face goes back to normal..till a few months go by and they may reappear....(usually in the exact same spots)..The clear fluid sometimes seems to be never ending..but I can't stand the tightness under my skin.....I would rather tear the skin off than feel the tightness...

I believe it is called sebacious fluid, or sebum...It may be caused from a diet too rich in sugars, as mine is .I don't recommend my "szueese em till they give up" method...but I can't stand to leave them alone...which would avoid the skin breakage and they might even go away on their own..but I'll never know, because I am too intollerant of any skin imperfections.

Mysterious liquid lunps...with no name...You baffle us.

I have the exact same problem, beside that I used to have acne as a teenager. What are these things?! I get them on my nose and in my beard too, they are ruining my life! 

Sometimes the best thing is to pop them but the swelling that occurs make my nose look deviated and swollen. It doesn't matter if I squeeze or not because they'll get red and inflamed just by touching them oe washing my skin in the shower. No doctor can help me and never have they showed any bacterial, fungal or viral signs when tested. 

I've been skipping sugar and crap food for a year and nothing has changed. I'm not allergic to anyhting like gluten.

I get these tiny spots often on the same place... and they develop quickly! 

I'd rather have acne that heals than these fuckers with clear fluid... Edited by MALICEMIZER

I have spent a lot of time hunting for an answer :(
I cane accross a forum a while back which said maybe these cyst type pimples are linked to nightshade sensitivity, I stopped eating potatoes and tomatoes and the improvement in my Heath in general has been outstanding, when I do have tomatoes and potatoes I flair up with massive breakouts on my chin and feel lethargic and so angry and moody, I absolutely love tomatoes and potatoes so I slip up a lot but I feel wonderful when I avoid them all together 

Edited by Kana7

Same issue for about four years. Went to multiple derms without a diagnosis.  Randomly stopped taking my ADHD stimulant med. Skin cleared up.  Went back on and bumps returned. It wasnt related to the tendency for some people to pick their skin with stimulants. The bumps just stopped appearing. Have gone on and off meds with same results every time. My docs knew I was taking that medicine and never once called it out as a possible root cause. Make sure to look at all your medications.