Photo

can i cut open a cyst and pop it?

This topic is in the process of being archived.
43 replies to this topic

#21 Delekii

Delekii

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

No, I've never popped a cyst with a head. I always dig them out and pop them. lol, that sounds gross.

#22 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I hate to tell you, sweetie - but if you're dating me, you're dating white trash.

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

Bad idea - please don't do this! Cysts are always deeper than you think and you WILL wind up with infections and scarring!!!

#23 flashing lights

flashing lights

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

Some people that dont even go near cysts still end up with scarring .. so can u imagine what popping them would do ohno.gif

#24 junebug

junebug

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

I've popped them before. It usually really speeds the healing up, as long as you're gentle and get everything possible out. It's really hard to do it properly. It doesn't seem to make me scar more or spread the infection. The thing is, my skin is really weird and tends to respond quite well to popping. Most people are the exact opposite. I would suggest icing it etc. like previously suggested. If that doesn't work after a couple days, then consider popping it. Just remember your skin may respond very badly to it.

#25 extinctiona

extinctiona

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

i think popping cysts don't really help...i got a dozen 'o tem..just waiting...patiently for em to shrink..i use bp5%...but sometime i just can't resist popping sm'o tem tat are "ripe" n ready "head" out..after tat i clean d hole wid alcohol..but i keep gettin cysts almost at d same place..so maybe it get infected!!!when wil tis stop????

#26 front-desk-girl

front-desk-girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

In my opinion and experience, pricking it GENTLY and squeezing GENTLY until something comes out is ok.......BUT if you squeeze a little bit and nothing come out, STOP. I'm not kidding. I know better than to do this but the other day I got a cyst on my left cheek and I kept screwing with it and screwing with it (in the car rear view mirror, every morning, every night) and finally this morning I'm so frustrated that it won't come out that I literally squeezed as hard as I could and scraped away at it until SOMETTHING other than clear liquid came out, and I am now sitting here with a cover-up-coated wound on my cheek. Oh and right above another one from last week that was healing and is now re-opened.....SO please, for the love of GOD don't mess with it if nothing comes out on the first try. As sucky as it is, wait another day till it comes to a head, but it sounds like yours is ready....good luck.

#27 Chele

Chele

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 41
About Me
  • Interests:www.myspace.com/chelebell<br />www.fotki.com/artprints<br /><br />ART DANCE DRUMS SKINCARE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

1. Clean with alcohol
2. Gently poke the center of the cyst with the sewing needle (sterilyzed)
3. Use "blackhead remover" (Revlon makes them, pick up at walgreens). These are the things with the loop at the end. Place loop around cyst. Gently press to sqeeze puss out. DO NOT CUT!
4. Sterilize with alcohol. wash face off.
5. dont poke it if its not ready!!
hope this helps!

PS: use "the ZENO" to make it come to a head faster.... this seriously works!

Check my blog for more! Peace!

#28 pintsize7

pintsize7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

sure might scar

#29 myskin_2008

myskin_2008

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:To have a clear skin:)

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:13 PM

It might scar and gets infection...might spread out..please don't. Please do not get an injection from the derm, too. It will scar you. I got injections before on my forehead and it left me scars... It is terrible cry.gif ...

#30 Chele

Chele

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 41
About Me
  • Interests:www.myspace.com/chelebell<br />www.fotki.com/artprints<br /><br />ART DANCE DRUMS SKINCARE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (pintsize7 @ Jul 28 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure might scar

it doesn't scar! the small needle prick is the trick, but only when the pimple is ready!!! I learned how to do this under care of my dermatologist!

#31 pintsize7

pintsize7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Chele @ Jul 29 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pintsize7 @ Jul 28 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure might scar

it doesnt scar! the small needle prick it the trick, but only when the pimple is ready!!!

if you say so i mean with your credentials and all

#32 nick_nodular

nick_nodular

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My motorcycle, hiking, mountain biking, working out, the beach, FOOOD!, traveling, did i mention FOOOOD!~.....

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

DONT POP CYSTS!

My back is alll tore up from doing that. My mom use to get the ones i couldnt reach.....NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

My back is damaged pretty bad cuz of that....

#33 jaysun

jaysun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Chele @ Jul 28 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Clean with alcohol
2. Gently poke the center of the cyst with the sewing needle (sterilyzed)
3. Use "blackhead remover" (Revlon makes them, pick up at walgreens). These are the things with the loop at the end. Place loop around cyst. Gently press to sqeeze puss out. DO NOT CUT!
4. Sterilize with alcohol. wash face off.
5. dont poke it if its not ready!!
hope this helps!

PS: use "the ZENO" to make it come to a head faster.... this seriously works!

Check my blog for more! Peace!

Cyst's don't pop! the topic is about Cyst's, surely with enough force anything will pop, cyst's are long lasting and even if you drain them it does not remove them, it will only promote growth and scaring. I think there is huge amount of misunderstanding on what a cyst is. Your giving advice for draining a large pimple which i think by reading the boards allot you think is a cyst.

#34 KenScofield

KenScofield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

If you're going to pop a cyst, get a video so we can see the bloody pus filled hole on your face.

#35 Lfobia

Lfobia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:06 AM

I normally pop my cysts, or well i take a syringe and open the fucker and the i get all the shit out

#36 nickel78

nickel78

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

I have had a really bad cyst for nearly 10 days now on my right cheek. It started as two separate red blemishes that continued to grow more inflamed and finally joined together to form one massive disgusting cyst!

I went to the derm and got cortisone shots which didn't resolve it, it was already too late. I was in much pain like i got a stung by a hornet.

So, what i've been doing is taking a lot of ibuprofen. This really reduces swelling. i highly recommend. For 7 days no improvement, but didn't get any worse either. I gently probed the area with clean fingers once a day assess the situation.

Its true, only pop a cyst if it looks ready. Yesterday i had a very small white head on top of the inflamed red part. I used some "draw out salve" also known as "Boil Ease". you can get it in the drug store usually located where the other tubes of antibiotic ointments are. THis stuff is black like tar. Its has salts in it that help draw pus and moisture out of wounds, also soothing, reduces redness. But it really only works if there is already a tiny opening.

So anyway, put a dab on and cover with a band aid for a couple hours. The wash with warm water and see if you can GENTLY squeeze out some pus.

My cyst drained like a thimble size amount of pus and its still huge. I made an appt. for a plastic surgeon next week to get it removed. My derm won't touch it. Its better to go to plastic surgeon anyway. I mean its on your face, they are highly trained to avoid scarring. If you don't have insurance it probably would cost around 150.00, my estimate.

Be careful, once the cyst is open its Very easy to get further infected. Keep convered with antibiotic ointment and see a doctor if it gets worse.

Good luck. I feel your pain

#37 eurovision50

eurovision50

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

Are there no topical cortisones that can help? Once when I had a medium sized cyst on my cheek, my dermatologist gave me some cortisone acetate cream to use. To be honest, it wasn't the most effective thing in the world...

I currently have a small but painful cyst on my chin, whilst on holiday in Turkey, I might add. Needless to say I'm stuck in my room writing this. sad.gif What's worse is that I'm allergic to Ibuprofen and so cannot take that. I really am stuck and I don't know what to do. I don't want to squeeze the cyst because it's not at all ready; there is no head to speak of.

#38 segullxx

segullxx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

i've actually used a hollow needle to cut a few open and drain the pus, it worked really good and the cyst went away after 2 days.

BUT, i don't recommend this.
i suggest a derm. visit.

#39 megann 2012

megann 2012

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

You can not pop a cyst as was said above yous are mistaking a cyst for a zit or pimple. I recently went to go see my doctor about a cyst i had on my back. Just to be on the safe side. And she told me it is very dangerous and to come back if it changed coulors and start to leak pus. ive had it on my back for two years and never has it came to a "head". Go look up the deffinition on cyst because you can also have them on your ovaries. A cyst is deep down in your skin and it consists of a little ball on the inside that if poped would cause infection in which can be really dangerous. Cyst are comon yett it is not what you folks are seeing on your face it doesnt go red nor does it come to a head with time the cysts turns brown and grows

Their for poping a cyst is close to impossible to do by yourself unless you enjoy causing yourself ALOT of pain .. Go to a surgeon!!

#40 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (megann 2012 @ May 18 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can not pop a cyst as was said above yous are mistaking a cyst for a zit or pimple. I recently went to go see my doctor about a cyst i had on my back. Just to be on the safe side. And she told me it is very dangerous and to come back if it changed coulors and start to leak pus. ive had it on my back for two years and never has it came to a "head". Go look up the deffinition on cyst because you can also have them on your ovaries. A cyst is deep down in your skin and it consists of a little ball on the inside that if poped would cause infection in which can be really dangerous. Cyst are comon yett it is not what you folks are seeing on your face it doesnt go red nor does it come to a head with time the cysts turns brown and grows

Their for poping a cyst is close to impossible to do by yourself unless you enjoy causing yourself ALOT of pain .. Go to a surgeon!!

oh i love this topic. i have one i so want to pop ! i dont have the guts though. if you go on youtube though and type in cyst popping, you can see some of the techniques they use. just be ready for a lot of puss. satisfying to know it would be gone i bet.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey, 18 May 2010 - 07:35 AM.