that would be a bad idea.

What's up

#3 MonarchX

MonarchX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:22 AM

A cyst has a shell-like outer layer and the entire thing needs to come out (its like a little bullet). If you squeeze puss out - it will come back. You need professional surgical removal from a M.D. Dermatologist/Plastic Surgeon.

#4 kami-sama

kami-sama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

mmm...so the only choice when it comes to cysts is derms. Guess it can't be helped. But i'm broke at the moment...sniff....with no insurances not to mention.

#5 Acneisenemy

Acneisenemy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

No, there are things you can do..
Take an anti-inflammatory such as ibprofun or such throughout the day.
BP it.
and possibly ice it.. wrap an ice cube in papertowel and apply to the cyst one minute.. then wait 5 minutes.. then apply for another minute.. and just continue in that order..
it can go away without the derm...

#6 kami-sama

kami-sama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Marlena_loves_you @ Jul 14 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, there are things you can do..
Take an anti-inflammatory such as ibprofun or such throughout the day.
BP it.
and possibly ice it.. wrap an ice cube in papertowel and apply to the cyst one minute.. then wait 5 minutes.. then apply for another minute.. and just continue in that order..
it can go away without the derm...

Okay, i'll try icing it. But one of my cysts has a size of pencil eraser and now after sometime, it develops a head, then now that yellow head turns to a purple head. Do you think i should use a pushpin and kindda poke a hole so the stuff inside can drain out and then apply BP?? (actually, i'm asking everyone, if you've done this, please also give some comments or anything at all would be a great help, thanks)

#7 glosoli&heima

glosoli&heima

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

hello!

i am going to be a bad influence here...i would probably give into temptation back when i had cysts and it had a head. BUT in hindsight i actually would leave it to sort itself out because i have many scars from popping cysts and they explode, taking my skin with them. ah! honestly, i used ice cubes (not even BP or ibuprofen) and it worked WONDERS. so ibuprofen, bp and ice. DO IT!! just...GO! NOW! GO ICE IT!! i'm serious!
finished with isotretinoin/accutane 50mg/day - May 20th 2008.
no active spots - June 29th 2008.
no active spots - August 6h 2008.
no major active spots, just an occassional tiny tiny tiny spot. Simple Foaming Facial Wash gave me lots of small spots - September 9th 2008.

morning:
clinique mild facial soap
clinique dramatically different moisturising lotion.

night:

clinique take the day off cleansing milk.
clinique exfoliating scrub
clinique mild facial soap
dermalogica active moist (because it's water based and won't clog my pores in the night)

#8 wetwet

wetwet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

I pop it if I see a visible head. But it hurt like crap.
External - Water wash only
Internal - Stress Complex-B vitamins

90% clear -_-

Goal - 100%!!!!! (Status - Not yet)

#9 iamnotemo

iamnotemo

Hi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

Do not do that get a cortisone injection from a derm
"I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough, the ears that aren't big enough, the eyes that can't take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone."

#10 Sotret99

Sotret99

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

ive done it before...got sewing needles and alcohol wipes from walgreens. took a warm shower first to get it heated up, rubbed the needle on the alcohol wipe to sanitize it, and poked a hole in the pimple. then i slowly squeezed out the puss, and then put some benzoyl peroxide on it....it worked pretty well

the inflamation went down pretty much almost entirely within the next day or so, and then it dried up and healed like a normal zit....i only did it caus the zit was big and had not gotten any smaller in about a week so id say what i did defenitly sped up the process....make your own decision on what you want to do though that was just my experience

#11 kami-sama

kami-sama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

mm....i think i'm gonna go with poking a small hole and squeeze out the puss. Hopefully that would work for me. I'm so sick of these cysts already!!!

#12 alicealicealice

alicealicealice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

Please no. Leave it well alone. I tried pricking my cyst with a pin and ended up spreading the infection all over my chin.

#13 kami-sama

kami-sama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (alicealicealice @ Jul 15 2008, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please no. Leave it well alone. I tried pricking my cyst with a pin and ended up spreading the infection all over my chin.

You're not serious are you? Man, i was just like seconds away from pinning it!!! But after reading your post, it scares me to death dude. Well, i guess i should wait then sad.gif (patiently and hopelessly)

#14 Thuglife2k5

Thuglife2k5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

if its on ur forhead id pop it...i popped them eveyrtime there on my forhead...they just scab up bad and then go away within a week tops.. the scab goes down after about days greatley..it will get rid of inflamation.

if its on ur cheecks DO NOT POP...trust me on that...cheeks must be more sensitive or something...if its on ur chin idk its up to u ive done it and it just leaves a big scab.
Accutane now
-started 4/5/09

MONTH 1: 40 mg
MONTH 2: 40 mg
MONTH 3: 60 mg

^On month 3 im taking 40 mg on even days 80 on odd days....idk y but i am

visit my log if u want

#15 Addie

Addie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

Popping cysts with heads has never worked for me. They just turn purplish black and sit there no better than they were beforehand. Using ice helps with the pain, but it doesn't get rid of mine any faster.

#16 wenc3160

wenc3160

wenc3160

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

I have battling with cysts for approximately five years now on my chin. I have always and still do try to get them out with a needle. It just makes a scar and makes them spread, so in my advise do not pick. My derm recently perscribed Differin which is helping tremendously for me. smile.gif

#17 kami-sama

kami-sama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (wenc3160 @ Jul 17 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have battling with cysts for approximately five years now on my chin. I have always and still do try to get them out with a needle. It just makes a scar and makes them spread, so in my advise do not pick. My derm recently perscribed Differin which is helping tremendously for me. smile.gif

is Differin helping you with cysts or just wild acne? My forehead and cheeks don't have cysts and after i tried BP, i don't see any wild acne either anymore on my cheeks, but on my chin there are just like 5 or 6 small cysts with one of them a size of a pencil eraser.

#18 Thuglife2k5

Thuglife2k5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

Differin really worked for u? i was using it for like 3 days and stopped cuz it was makin me super dry and didnt do much...its been like 3 weeks since i switched from differin to proactive. I was practicly clear wen i started differin and now im like 70% only...fuck mighta been a bad choice
Accutane now
-started 4/5/09

MONTH 1: 40 mg
MONTH 2: 40 mg
MONTH 3: 60 mg

^On month 3 im taking 40 mg on even days 80 on odd days....idk y but i am

visit my log if u want

#19 como

como

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:09 AM

FUCK POPPING CYSTS. don't do that dude. it hurts, it doesn't do anything good, and it increases the risk of scarring by over 9000 times. i have a scar on my forehead and every day i slap my self and wonder why i popped it.

#20 kami-sama

kami-sama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (como @ Jul 18 2008, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FUCK POPPING CYSTS. don't do that dude. it hurts, it doesn't do anything good, and it increases the risk of scarring by over 9000 times. i have a scar on my forehead and every day i slap my self and wonder why i popped it.

But mine has a yellow head, and i think that by poking a hole and gently pressing a little around the cyst will help. Don't you think so? Everyone? If you've popped a cyst before, did your cyst have a yellow head??