Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potatoes!!!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Ive been reading that rubbing a potato on your spots will fade them wicked fast, so I have been trying it.

The Routine:

Grab a potato and slice it up. Take a slice and rub it over your spots until it dries out and you cant feel anymore juice on it. Grab another slice and do the same thing. How long it stays on your face varies; you can either let it sit on your face or you can wash it off.

Advice - Apply a light moisturizer to your face so it doesnt dry out too much.

The Benefits:

"The raw potato juice is effective in cleaning skin blemishes due to high content of sulfur, potassium and chlorine. Care should be taken that potato is raw in nature as they are composed of live organic atoms."

-http://www.beautyfeast.com/Skinproblems/Tips-acne.htm#

Also, the vitamins in the potato help improve your skin, and the alkaline in the potato breaks down the bacteria in the pores, and potatoes have amazing acne swelling reduction properties.

The Links:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/archive....php/t-155.html

http://blog.natural-acne-solution.com/raw-...and-acne-scars/

http://www.beautyfeast.com/Skinproblems/Tips-acne.htm#

My results have been spectacular! Enjoy. (:

I'm going to go ahead and say thats probably not going to work...

"I'm in repair,

I'm not together but i'm getting there"

- John Mayer

You know I can't win, now people, 'cuz I ain't got a thing to lose."

- Buddy Guy

Hmm, any reasons why?

They say its just like lemon juice, and Ive heard people get pretty good results. I tried it last night and one of my stubborn red marks is now just a pinkish color. :P

Hmm, any reasons why?

They say its just like lemon juice, and Ive heard people get pretty good results. I tried it last night and one of my stubborn red marks is now just a pinkish color. :P

Tried it- big waste of time for me- not to mention I look like a nutcase.

Its working quite well.

I've noticed my red marks are lighter and my acne reduces noticeably.^_^

Ive tried it on a fairly big spot on my cheek, and Im amazed at how it faded so well. Now its only pink and isnt that noticeable. A little concealer and it looks perfect. :) Im going to start working on my small spots on my forehead. :)

well i can imagin you look real stupid rubbing a potatoe against your skin but hey

are you just using it on a small area at a time then?

and where did the red marks come from was they from cysts or just regular spots?

also are you leaving it on you skin for a while or are you like just rubbing it in for a a little while?

Well, I pretty much just wanted to test it out, but Im trying it one area at a time. i.e: forehead, chin, cheek, etc

The spots were from left over acne

What I did was take one whole potato and chop a slice off and keep it on the spot until it dried out. I'd rub it, squeeze it, etc, then when it dried out slice off another piece until it was all gone, lol.

:)

It actually works? O-o

External - Water wash only

Internal - Stress Complex-B vitamins

90% clear -_-

Goal - 100%!!!!! (Status - Not yet)

So far, yes.

I think it wil be as useful as rubbing rikishis ass on your face

0_-

Hmm, that must be pretty useful, then. :) Works for me so far.

Ive been reading that rubbing a potato on your spots will fade them wicked fast, so Im going to try it.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Has anyone used this and had great results?

I go against what some of these people are saying.. Why not try it? What's the harm? Potatoes are a lot cheaper than tons of acne products out there.. and there are some sites out there that say they can help with redness.

Best wishes!

0_-

Is it genuinely working?

Like are you sure it's the potatoe and not something else?, if so i take back my first comment.

0_-

Is it genuinely working?

Like are you sure it's the potatoe and not something else?, if so i take back my first comment.

Im pretty sure, I wasnt using anything else except aquaphor for my dry skin.

Im so happy. :D

A guy asked me out. And I have a fan club.

And he's hawt.

Im so happy.

:D

So I tried the potato on my forehead and such, and i think they look better after like, one day. They just look pink now.

So I tried the potato on my forehead and such, and i think they look better after like, one day. They just look pink now.

I'm glad it's working for you. Don't worry if it seems stupid rubbing a potato on your face or not, who cares!!! It's not like your doing it in the middle of the street or at a concert. As long as it works. I'm sure we've all tried some pretty half baked remedies. I can see how it could help since potato's have vitamin C and an alkaline pH, this might help kill bacteria on your face. Just be careful that the spots don't turn a dark brown after, from to much potato, I read this could happen on another site (just giving you a heads up) Keep us posted, I'll try this in a few weeks as soon as I'm done with some other experiments. ;)

How can you be in hell, when you are in my heart?

Nikki

Ive been reading that rubbing a potato on your spots will fade them wicked fast, so Im going to try it.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Has anyone used this and had great results?

I may try it, I have spots that peel then are open again, just won't go away. Even had steroid injections 2 weeks ago, they are still there, under the chin. I heard years ago (25 or so....I have new onset adult acne, hormonal) that raw potatoes are a natural antibiotic, useful for healing infections and wounds. Thanks for the reminder!

i love how you guys are telling her it must look stupid rubbing potatos on her face

well i think you all look fucking stupid with acne on yours.

it works great lyssa thanks for the tip! =)

i love how you guys are telling her it must look stupid rubbing potatos on her face

well i think you all look fucking stupid with acne on yours.

it works great lyssa thanks for the tip! =)

You are welcome. (:

Im so happy I found this, lol.

So do you just rub the potato?

The skin?

A cut potato?

The juice?

lol what's the procedure?

My

Epic

Regimen

Accutane Once A Day

Wash your face!

"Sometimes i like to pretend that my acne is a bunch of koala's. That way, my acne isn't so bad anymore."-Tyler Evans

寂ã—ã„ãªã‚‰æ•™ãˆã¦ä¸Šã’る。

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So do you just rub the potato?

The skin?

A cut potato?

The juice?

lol what's the procedure?

I slice the potato and apply the potato to the face. I hold it there on my spot (or go back and forth between spots) until it dries out, then go to another slice.

-Updated First Post-

To help you guys out. ^_^

Gave some more info and links to some sites.

Enjoy. (: