Photo

liver cleanse without parasite killing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:48 PM

ok i know there's been a TON of stuff posted about the liver cleanses but i was wondering if anyone has done Dr. Huda's WITHOUT the parasite program. i've been on accutane 3 times before and i think my liver is extremely weak from it. i also get the fatigue after a regular meal. on top of all that, i have diabetes on both sides of my family.

since people have had success with this in regulating insulin levels and such i would like to try it but i really don't want to wait or have the money to spend on 3 weeks of herbs to kill the parasites first.

and i started Dr. Perricone's acne prescription about a week ago so i'm using all these supplements right now...

any advice would be great! thanks!

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:36 PM

Check out this small thread on curezone, might shed some light:

http://curezone.com/...sp?f=361&i=4209

P.S. I believe that the general concensus is that the order of parasite killing -> liver flushing is up to you. Just so long as it's done.

P.S.S. If you want to ask people with liver flushing experience, then you should post your questions on curezone's site. EVERYONE is there just for the flushing!!! :o
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#3 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:14 PM

thanks jc...i was actually hoping that i can even skip all the herbs beforehand and just go straight for the epsom salt, olive oil, and lemon mixture.

one of those old recipes on curezone called for just olive oil and lemon juice without decompressing the liver or anything. but i've heard the epsom salts are good at getting more stones out.

#4 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:22 PM

Many have tried that (*ahem*, Sally), and just DOVE right into the olive oil mix and have had ok results. If you choose to have zero preparation, then it wouldn't be the results that worry me, but rather the consequences. Sally luckily got 30 stones out and felt fine. Others have had stones stuck, pains, etc.

Thinking logically tho, if you're young and/or in good health, then all this prep time isn't essential, but it is wise. From what I've read, a majority of people with problems were 50 and above or in poor health.

Oh right...yes, epsom salts are supposed to help get out more stones as they open up the bile ducts, allowing the larger stones to be set free! Substitute with magnesium citrate...I'm fearing the taste of ES!

Keep us updated with your results!

#5 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:43 PM

OMG

i just read the thread about problems people have had. someone had to remove their gallbladder entirely!

sigh...i will think about doing the liver cleanse next monday...with the phone next to my bed in case i have to call emergency.

that would also mean i'd have to stop supplements for about 1-2 days before...

#6 sally

sally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:22 PM

Many have tried that (*ahem*, Sally)

lol yea I feel perfectly fine and was ok during the flush except for a bit of nausea. Recovered really quickly. Maybe it's because I'm 22? Taking the herbs would probably have given better results-- more stones? But too expensive for me. I'm still gonna do the parasite and colon cleanse, just at a later date, because I want to make sure I don't neglect any part!

So I think it's ok Malia. I followed the directions exactly though.

#7 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 12:50 AM

thanks sally! i'm 22 also...it's not THAT many years of build-up i hope. did you have the nausea at night or during the day?

#8 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 12:52 AM

oh and did it help your acne or have any other benefits?

yeah i don't have enough money for all these herbs. i saw epsom salt at wal-mart for 33 cents the other day for a huge bag. not a bad deal.

#9 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:00 AM

yeah i don't have enough money for all these herbs.  i saw epsom salt at wal-mart for 33 cents the other day for a huge bag.  not a bad deal.

Ya...if only that was all we needed! I don't have that much money to throw around for the herbs either, but if you've seen my "natural" protocol, then you would see that I've already spent lots of money. (Apple juice, coconut oil...) I probably didn't need to get so many things, but I really want it to go well.

I want to see how my first flush goes. After that I'll probably invest in the chinese herbs. They're supposed to last a long time anyways.

Sidebar: I spent a lot of my childhood eating the JUNKIEST of junk food every single day. EVERY single day.
Grade 5-8 --> fries with gravy (Only $1!)
Grade 9-12 --> spicy fries with gravy (Only $1!)
Grade 10-11 --> one bag of hostess potato chips (Ketchup were my favorite...and that damn star trek next generation sticker promotion. Damn you!!!)

Bad skin at grade 12. If THAT didn't do that to my face, then I don't know what did. sad.gif

#10 sally

sally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:35 AM

oh god, my eating habits were terrible too. In fact they're still pretty terrible, I'm trying to change! I had icecream everyday in grade school and i loved chocolates, stuffed myself with those.. and everything greasy.. yum.. I didn't gain weight so it never mattered. In fact everyone was and still is asking me why I'm so skinny. When I was 10 I had a bout of worms, tiny white ones (sorry to gross you guys out) but I never did say anything about it coz I was so scared of my mother. So I grew steadily skinnier and to this day I wonder how the worms disappeared by themselves. Or maybe they've just morphed into a mutated and more deadly species in my intestines.

The list of stuff i want now : clarkia( for parasites), chinese bitters, gold coin grass. colosan, the ionic minerals thing that shiny takes, and my very own personal chef.

malia, benefits-wise... hmmm, I can't say I've seen anything yet. I usually get only 1 or 2 cysts a month which leave marks which take forever to go away or don't go away so I can't tell by looking at the amount of acne I have. I was really happy and excited to see those green stones in the toilet bowl though. I definitely think liver flushes alone are not enough. Esp for acne sufferers we need to do a colon cleanse. BTW jc are colon cleanses and bowel cleanses the same thing?

#11 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

jc:

i just read your link to the gallbladder cleanse. a few questions for you:

is this the same as the liver cleanse? bile is produced in the liver but does the liver need to be separately cleansed as well?

what exactly is P&B? i want it to be peanut butter but that's too good to be true.

and can you drink water while drinking all that apple juice?

#12 sally

sally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:41 AM

malia... I felt a little nauseous immediately after drinking the grapefruit+ oil mixture (which I found absolutely delicious especially after I tried the epsom salts---they are terrible, horrendous, argh!) and also in the morning when I woke up I felt weak and a bit nauseous too. I recovered pretty quickly, by 1 pm I had a great appetite again.

#13 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:11 AM

i just read your link to the gallbladder cleanse.  a few questions for you:  is this the same as the liver cleanse?  bile is produced in the liver but does the liver need to be separately cleansed as well?

Which link are you referring to? AFAIK, What I'm doing here is both the liver and ballbladder cleanse (refer to sensiblehealth). There are many ppl who do this cleanse without gallbladders (had them removed) and that's kind of odd. But yes, gallstones should be cleared from the biliary ducts of the liver as well. That's what coptis and curcuma are for, to first decongest the liver, etc. That's about as much as I know! I'm not an expert...yet. :-$

what exactly is P&B?  i want it to be peanut butter but that's too good to be true.  
and can you drink water while drinking all that apple juice?

P&B Shake: http://acne.org/mess...er=asc&start=30 (my thread...see message on the bottom)

Yep, drink as much water as you want. It'll help clean out the system and is good for the digestive process!

(which I found absolutely delicious especially after I tried the epsom salts---they are terrible, horrendous, argh!).

I'm not looking forward to the epsom salts! I'm gonna either mix it with apple juice or grapefruit juice. neutral.gif

#14 sally

sally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:51 AM

yes.. or u will regret it.. it's the most bitter foul tasting thing on earth. By the way jc did you miss my question, or maybe u dont know.. are bowel cleanses and colon cleanses the smae?

#15 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:34 AM

Sally--
I completely missed your message! It often happens on these quick moving message boards eh?

yes, bowel cleanses are the same as colon cleanses. Here's a good definition: "Colon cleanse" or "Bowel Cleanse" or "Intestinal Cleanse" or "Intestinal Therapy" are terms referring to a procedure (or a therapy) which has as its main goal having a clean bowel. A real "bowel cleanse" can take from 3 to 4 weeks up to a year, depending on the person.

(Ref: http://www.healingda...xification.htm) Great read!

Hope that helps Sally!

#16 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:30 PM

ok so i started the liver flush procedure today: apple juice fasting...except i got really hungry and had about half a cup of almonds in the afternoon and then my dad made dinner and it smelled soooo good that i just had to eat.

regardless, i'll still continue on the "fasting" tomorrow until 2pm and then drink the epsom salts at 6 and olive oil/grapefruit juice later. i hope this works because every time i see food i lose focus...

but i've read that some people don't really fast the day before anyway...

#17 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:10 AM

but i've read that some people don't really fast the day before anyway...

That's true malia. Many people eat, eat, eat, eat, eat all the way up until 2pm. The only reason to fast, is so, when you wake up the next morning after the flush to expel stones, they'll be nothing BUT stones. Otherwise, for the people who eat, they'll be a whole lotta other things. wink.gif

#18 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:13 AM

Just note that, if you're planning to eat, make sure you're eating only easily digestable things like soup, vegetables, etc. No meats, dairy. For my next flush I'm definitely not gonna be starving myself. Even though, I did learn a lot from the experience.

#19 chris01

chris01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:40 AM

Have you guys tried LIV.52? This is the best supplement to protect your liver, do a search on any search engines about this. There have been 300 studies about this product. For those on accutane I highly recommend using this product.

#20 veruca76

veruca76

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:42 PM

Two things:
One, I like to drink some Smooth Move tea at 2 or 3 when I stop eating (8 hours before bedtime) to make sure I'm empty by the time I go to sleep. That way you can see your results better and I think it's more effective.
Second, after 4 flushes I just couldn't take the ES again so I'm going with Julia Chang's method of chugging salt water in the morning. I like that sooooo much better.

Good luck to everyone with their flushes!