Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oblivion77

lump thing inside earlobe

22 posts in this topic

Very possible...I get pimples on my ears too. I don't know if they're cysts or just large & deep papules, but they start out a large painful bump & then usually surface a bit smaller. :shrug:

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

I had that for like 2 months last year. Soooo freaking painful. It'll go away in time.

External - Water wash only

Internal - Stress Complex-B vitamins

90% clear -_-

Goal - 100%!!!!! (Status - Not yet)

I get these frequently when I'm in a wear-earrings-everyday phase so idk if it's cause by germs or it's just a coincedence or what but they never come to a head and tend to go on their own. I figure they're cysts

Regimen as of Spring '11

AM:

-Paula's Choice - BHA 2% gel

-Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer w/SPF 15

PM:

-Cleanser: Olive oil to remove makeup. Purpose facial cleanser. Experimenting with Desert Essence - Thoroughly Clean Face Wash (original)

-DKR AHA

-DKR BP

Cosmetics:

-Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation

-Meow Cosmetics foundation powder

i've had one of these cyst type things in my left earlobe for nearly a year!

its not painful and quite small so i havent done anyhing about it

I got a little bump inside my left ear a couple years ago, It was pretty gross. I remember one day I was trying to pop it, thinkin it was a white head or somethin and I woke up the next morning and it felt like it flattened out a lil and widened. After that incident I just left it alone and It went away in a couple of months or so

yeah, I get a cyst in the exact same place....and it looks like it's fairly common.....I don't know exactly what causes them ( i could google it right now i guess but i don't have the motivation) but it hangs out for a month or so and then goes away for awhile and comes back again........idk

Do you guys wear earrings? When I've been wearing fake silver in my ears I get the same thing. Don't worry about it- just clean that area with a wipe and don't wear earrings for at least a week or two. It's really not acne; more of an infection. You may be allergic or something like that to your earrings. Remember though- it may be bacteria in your pillow/earmuffs/etc., so make sure you keep your earlobe clean & dry without anything on it and it'll go away in about two weeks. Hope I helped. =)

Do you guys wear earrings? When I've been wearing fake silver in my ears I get the same thing. Don't worry about it- just clean that area with a wipe and don't wear earrings for at least a week or two. It's really not acne; more of an infection. You may be allergic or something like that to your earrings. Remember though- it may be bacteria in your pillow/earmuffs/etc., so make sure you keep your earlobe clean & dry without anything on it and it'll go away in about two weeks. Hope I helped. =)

^ I have exactly the same problem if I don't wear real gold or silver earrings.

It is definately an infection and not acne.

The cyst is inside the earlobe and never comes to the surface. Just don't wear any earrings for a few days and cleanse with sterilising wipes.

We are here to live a life...let's begin!

MY LOG

Actually, against popular belief on the internet, this doesn't only apply to people with piercings. :P When I was young, before I ever got my ears pierced, I would get these bumps. Every time I got them, I'd try to squish them between my fingers, and 'flatten' them out... then after a few days they'd disappear. When my mom talked about letting me get my ears pierced... I was really afraid to get the pierced, because at the time I had one of those little ball things in my ear lobe. Ended up getting them pierced no problem though.

Even now, occasionally they'll show up, but disappear a week or so later. They shouldn't be a problem, unless they keep growing on you, or become incredibly painful, inwhich case you should see a doctor. :)

again, me too. Haven't done anything about it, don't really care, been there a freaking year. I got it after my ears were pierced, both sides too/

Goal: Cut chocolate, soda, and candy. Try to eat less sugar.

My brother had one of these maybe like 4ish years ago. We asked a pharmacist and he just gave us an anti-bacterial spray thing and put it on a cotton ball+placed it in the ear. It cured up pretty well. Same thing happened to be maybe 2 years ago. Now i'm getting another one, but it's not big/painful enough for me to bother to try to fix it yet though

I've had that too beforee, ick. :eh:

I hated it but I just let it be for a few days and than I popped it.

I think it was a pimple but I dont think it's a cyst

yeh i have had lumps in or around my ears. i have one now just outside my ear, it keeps leaking puss yuk!! but yeh i think they are cysts i get them all the time.

:D

It's a cyst. I have one in my earlobe too at the moment :shifty:. It sucks! It can be caused by blocked skin glands, swollen hair follices, excessive testosterone production, or genetics. Most cysts inside the skin will disappear on its own. But if it gets larger, rather painful, infectious, or something like that, then seek medical help. You can either do surgery to remove it (not suggested) or put a heat-pad over the infected area for 15 minutes twice a day for 10 days. It may need less time or more time to remove it depending on its location and severity.

Funny thing is i neva pierced my ears but happened when i put magnetic earings on one ear since then the problem is proberly the bateria but ive had the lump inside for 4 years now going to go doctor to sort it out the ones that outburst r usally pimples

Funny thing is i neva pierced my ears but happened when i put magnetic earings on one ear since then the problem is proberly the bateria but ive had the lump inside for 4 years now going to go doctor to sort it out the ones that outburst r usally pimples

Hi. It could be that this is not acne but rather lymph nodes being swollen after long periods on fighting infections from acne.

Here's how I treat mine. Massage the afflicted area slowly in circular motion and apply medium pressure.

Swollen lymph nodes usually shows a body's sluggish lymphatic system and can be improved by correct massage techniques that helps the flow.

My own case

I have many many swollen bumps on my face due to severe acne. One of the main reasons is due to years of acne fighting, the lymph nodes gets enlarged. For my cases, they come up very quickly but subside after a 4-12 weeks. That was why I didn't tried out massaging my face to improve the purging of toxics for my face.'

I started massaging (using correct techniques) and felt a noticeable (not dramatic) improvement over my lymph nodes.

Sometimes we confuse Lymph nodes with Cystic acne which is a very dangerous self-diagnosis. Read up more and I believe you'll cure yours soon. But don't expect instant results!

Take Care,

mystril

[sig-img:34]

About Myself

Male 21 in Hot & Humid Climate

Severe Acne (in the Genes)

Did 1.5 Accutane Course. Failed Miserably.

Did (see below). Acne recessed. End of Story.

Currently

Waiting to Dermarolling during College's Break.

List Updated on: March 2012

Wai Diet Cured Me

Current Supplements

Caution to Multi-Vitamins. Take only those that you need. Take most from Real Food.

Avoid-List

-

Embrace List

Fruits