Photo

Amnesteem log

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#41 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:09 AM

Day 90:

I just wanted to post that for the first time in this course I feel like this stuff may work.. The injections totally lowered the bumps..the red marks are still there but it looks so much better than it did. My forehead is soo shiny but it is clear. My pores look rather large so I am hoping when this is done I can get the laser thingy done for my pores and scars.

Has anyone else had memory loss? It sux taking Microbiology and not being able to retain anything

#42 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

Yay, glad to hear that it's working! good luck to you. I haven't had memory loss and I hope I don't! That would interfere badly with school but if worse comes to worst, explain to your teachers that you're taking a medication that can cause memory loss and if need be, get a letter from your derm verifying that so they don't think you're just making things up smile.gif
Accutane log (August 2008-June 2009)

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#43 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

Day 93:

So I am glad to say that finally I truly feel like this medication may work. I am wearing coverup again only because now my acne is coverable and I dont have those HUGE planets on my face anymore thanks to the Kenalog..My face is still really shiny which is weird and I see a few tiny blackheads and still have some active zits but my overall skin texture is better.

My vision has gotten a little more blury and I hate that I cannot focus in class..drives me crazy! My nails have had a hard time growing without being so brittle.

#44 Rai

Rai

I love my fake smile. :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

So glad to hear accutane is working for you!!

I might be joining in with you in about 3 months when i have my second dermo appt. The more i read these accutane logs the more I want to try it out.

Keep us updated!!
Accutane started 07/11/08
6 month's completed!
Yasmin BCPno longer on BCP
RoC Purif-AC Soothing Reparator

Click for my accutane log - http://www.acne.org/...wi-t216262.html

"no one will remember today so don't sweat it, look forward to the future"

#45 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (beaty83 @ Oct 9 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 93:

So I am glad to say that finally I truly feel like this medication may work. I am wearing coverup again only because now my acne is coverable and I dont have those HUGE planets on my face anymore thanks to the Kenalog..My face is still really shiny which is weird and I see a few tiny blackheads and still have some active zits but my overall skin texture is better.

My vision has gotten a little more blury and I hate that I cannot focus in class..drives me crazy! My nails have had a hard time growing without being so brittle.

Your vision is blurry probably because your eyes are dry. Try getting some good eyedrops smile.gif

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#46 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

Day 99:

Funny how my opinion of this medication changes from day to day..seriously to wake up completely clear would be the greatest day! I keep thinking it's on the path of getting batter then boom...I have 2 huge cysts on my back and the huge cysts that the Dr. injected are still there much flatter but still there. My face has gotten so much drier and my body to the point that I canot sleep and toss and turn all night. Ive been getting bad headaches lately which could be because I havent been drinking enough water and I have been drinking over the wknd. My hair is so thin it feels like, I hate that.
Granted my skin isnt nearly as bad I want it clear!! Why won't it clear up. I look at other people that had severe acne and mine was no where close to being severe and yet I am still not clear! grr....anyway still have high hopes that this will work..

#47 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

Day 101:

I went through and read all of my old posts and it was kind of nice to read my own progress, I will admit it is a huge disappointment that I have not really had good results yet. I mean yes granted most of the blackheads are gone and yes my skin does seem smoother but that was not why I took accutane I can deal with all that stuff it was the HUGE cysts on ym face that stay there for months seriously months at a time and are in my profile when I turn side ways.. Its those stupid things that made me want to take this medication. I work at the hospital and one of the Dr.'s here was on accutane 4x's and it never eally worked for him, well it did but he still had acne and he said I am probably one of those ones that won't see results until the very end of the treatment. I am sure that is true but I wonder why that is. Why is it that with mild acne I am having such a hard time getting rid of it to where that accutane the most aggresive treatment isn't working? grrr..

Anyway sorry all I just had to vent. Also I have noticed weight gain and the drying is driving me crazy!!!

#48 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Hey beaty. I'm sorry to hear that! I really feel you. At this point right now, all I have is some super clogged pores, like those bumps. And they won't unclog!!! I've been on this medication for 8 weeks now and you would think the pores would just unclog or something. But they can't stay clogged forever right, ya know? At some point they've gotta give. Hang in there!

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#49 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:16 AM

Day 108:

So when officially can I start to believe this medication is not going to work? My pharmacy had to order the second part of my meds cause they were out of it so they gave me Clarvis, so thats 3 different brands since I have started..its so frustrating.. I have yet again had about 4 big ones pop up along with the one large cyst on my cheek that I have had injected with Kenalog that just won't go away. I have a huge party tomorrow with nasty alligator flakey nasty skin along with a few huge whiteheads...grrr!!! I am in a bad mood today

#50 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

Day 118:

So I finish my 4th month this week and go to my Doctor on Wed to decide if I am going to continue with another month. I think I am ok with that, I really want to be done. These side effects suck so bad and it just so bad for me. I am very sad that so far I have not seen results like most people have had. I'd love to wake up and be completely free of pimples. I do think my face has gotten better but nothing I could not deal with, it is the huge cysts that I still get that bother me. I have had a huge cyst on my jawline for about 2 weeks now just as large as it has been since it started and soo painful. The large cyst I had on my cheek is gone but there is a nasty looking scar. My scars from old zits and cysts look worse then they did and so do my wrinkles..well not wrinkles but you know the forhead creases. So we will see what the DR. says on Wed.

#51 lba2008

lba2008

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

hey beaty...day 114ish for me! I know what you mean, everyone else seems to have been completely clear by now...my red marks look horrendous and I got a new zit yesterday! aye. so sick of the makeup deal.I acutally hope I get to go another month. I want a high cumulative dosage so this stuff doesn't return! Patience is key...we'll see real results soon...it will be worth it! Just think of the positive changes you've seen since the beginning of the course. I have a tendency to focus on the negative (esp about my skin). Keep at it, you're almost finished!

#52 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

Day 110:

I went to my derm today. He considered upping my dosage to 120mg every other day, but once I told him about my side effects he opted not to. So I will continue on with another month. He injected 3 spots on my face one of which was a cyst. After I am done after about a month or so he will be doing the laser resurfacing,yay! Amazing how much money has gone into this face and I still am not prettier..lol

My derm said he notices significant changes in my skin, I guess I just don't see it..Myabe a little but not really. My vision period has gotten worse which sucks. So I am going to march on my accutane path in hopes that it does do what it is supposed to..

#53 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Hey beaty! Just wanted to drop by and remind you, as you realized at the derm's, that you won't notice the changes like others day bc your see your face every day. I didn't think my skin improved that much over the past 4 weeks (the last time my fiance saw me) but when I went to visit him this weekend, he noted wonderful improvements. Just hang in there!

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#54 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

Day 119:

So i am just going to be honest..I do not feel this medication is working..!!!!!!!! I am still getting freakin large cysts and many zits that come to large heads.. My scars for whatever reason look awful(er) My forehead has been super shiny for like ever..I still have blackheads and have been getting large painful zits on my back..

I am soo soo not having a good day..I hate my face today..

#55 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

Aww beaty! Maybe you can try some topicals? I still use topicals, my skin totally handles it. What works great for inflamed zits is the neutrogena rapid zone clearing gel. It says 8 hours, though it takes long, it does the trick! It calms them down at least.

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#56 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:00 AM

Day 129:

Not much new to report..My skin is still not that great. People say that my skin looks better..idk I still have cysts and some weird small pimples..which is better than the huge large one's I get..my scars definetly look worse which sucks..hopefully that gets better...that huge cyst I had on my cheek has a nasty looking scar..ugh!!

My night vision is just terrible..my eyes keep twitching..its irritating..My skin is still very very dry..kinda embarrasing when I go out cause my face looks all flakey..if I was sitting by someone that had a face with crusties I'd be so grossed out..hypocritical,eh?

Oh well..anyway just thought I'd update...I wish this shit would give me nice skin soon...

#57 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi beaty, aww *hug* It WILL go away. It WILL. Just keep telling yourself that because it WILL. I know it's hard believe you me, I know exactly how you feel but chin up! Just imagine in that you'll likely have way better skin in 2 months! You WILL. Just a matter of cleaning out the pores.

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#58 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Day 138:

I go again to the derm tomorrow got my blood work done today so hopefully it is still ok. I am hoping this is my last month even though I don't feel my face is clear. I do only have one active zit and a few small ones. I guess the reason I feel my skin is not clear is because of all of the scarring. My old zits look real red and I have many indented scars from the huge cysts I got while on accutane. I wonder what my derm will suggest

#59 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

Wow you've come a long way.. only one active. Those suckers will fade soon smile.gif

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#60 corbin

corbin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

hi beaty,

i don't know if this has been brought up yet, but that seems a good number of side-effects : hairloss, blurry vision, bad night-vision - have you told your derm? and he's ok with that?

best of luck to you!