Photo

Amnesteem log

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#21 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

Day 51:

So the huge cysts are STILL there and two al,ost look like they've merged together and formed one large pus filled cyst..theyre huge! Idk what to do, Ive ben strong and not wearing makeup and ugh feel like crap. So like always my zits stay for weeks large and full of pus. so hard not to pop them..
Ive been taking flax seed oil and zinc in hopes it'll help. my forehead which is normally covered in little zits and whitehead/blackheads is very smooth so theres something positive..lol

Its labor day wknd and BEBE is having a huge sale so Im heading there if my face looks bad at least my clothes will be cute

Lips still dry
Eyesight bad at night
headaches
cranky/irritated easily
back hurts bad along with joints
IB
dry skin
very itchy
eyes kinda hurt and feel strained

#22 joyful girl

joyful girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

hey girl! stick with it, i'm sure the accutane will work for you. maybe you are getting an ib from the dosage increase? you are a badass for not wearing makeup, i can't wait for the day when i don't have to wear makeup or blot the layers of oil off my face! stay strong, we are all rooting for you!

#23 Deadbeat007

Deadbeat007

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hey, hun! I'm on 40mg Amnesteem, day 22, and in the midst of the IB. I hope you finally start clearing up soon!!

#24 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

Day 55:

Well my huge cysts are still huge but finally drying out..the other zits are really red but drying out. My skin feels a little tigher and smooth in certain parts. I have been doing soo good with wearing no make-up, it's so hard and I feel like everyone just stares at my acne which makes it hard but I try and remember this drug sucks and the more I do to help clear up quicker than I'll do it. It's getting easier and knocks off so much time in the morning.
I also was a very daring soul and went floating down the river for 5 hours and sooo lathered up with tins of SPF I was so afraid I'd burn terrible again but I didnt and it felt so good to not wear make up and get totally wet and jump off the tree swing.. without any burn at the days end then the next day went to the lake and did start to burn uickly bought this new facial SPF Neutrogena wont clog pores and omg it burned when I put it on..no bueno...and lathered up with SPF several times I noticed I was getting red quick and covered up with a towel and ut clothes on..we swam across the lake to another tree swing and once agin felt great to get wet. Once again I really chanced it but I did not get burned much at all..I was in shock..thank goodness...

Well my skin is dry and Ive had a headache for about 5 days now non stop gets worse buteases up..hopefully it starts to clear up my skin..

#25 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

Day 58:

I went to the DR. today and he suggested that I go up in my dosage which would put me at 80 mg a day. He said 70mg is my goal but 80mg won't hurt and if my symptoms get to where I cannot handle it he will lower it. I am very nervous cause I am going up 20mg..

My allergies are killing me so bad that my eyes were glued shut this morning and raw from rubbing them. UGH!!!

#26 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:18 AM

Day 62:

Not much change excpet the huge white head cysts are just red and slightly whiteheadish. I started the 80 mg yesterday so I am hoping for the best. My nose is soooo dry it is driving my bonkers. <u skin is also getting drier. I hate that it's hard for me to drive at night,ugh! I hope all these side effects stop after I am done with the meds..the ringing of the ears is annoying..lol

#27 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hey beaty,

You're about 40 days ahead of me so I'll definitely be checking it out to see what may come. Things will get back... log after log I read the poster complaining about new huge zits one day and 3 days later they talk about they nearly disappear (or scab but at least they are getting somewhere!) Just hang in there! Good luck.

#28 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

Day 67:

Just wanted to post that I got my tattoo worked on. I a huge tattoo that goes from my knee up to my arm pit and was getting ancy about getting it worked on..I researched about getting inked while on accutane and went ahead and did it anyway just wanted to let everyone know so far so good..no scarring or anything... smile.gif

#29 lba2008

lba2008

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (beaty83 @ Sep 11 2008, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 67:

Just wanted to post that I got my tattoo worked on. I a huge tattoo that goes from my knee up to my arm pit and was getting ancy about getting it worked on..I researched about getting inked while on accutane and went ahead and did it anyway just wanted to let everyone know so far so good..no scarring or anything... smile.gif

I just joined today and noticed we're almost on the same day (im on day 68)! It seems like you've had a few setbacks, and I wanted to let you know...so have I! In fact, sometimes I wonder if my skin is getting WORSE. I take it one day at a time...I think within the next month or so we'll both have beautiful skin! I bet your tattoo looks great, it's really important to take time to do things that you like...sometimes I feel like I've been holding my breath for the entire two months I've been on the meds! I love music, so that helps a ton. Good luck with your progress...you're over the hump, now it's just a month or two until clear skin!

#30 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

Day 70:
Well not much more to document..just wanted to post that my tattoo is healing just fine..like it always does..

My acne is still bad..well bad to me is the same 4 cysts on one side of my face on just one large target looking one smack dab in the middle of my other cheek..for idk the last 3 weeks if not longer..no definetly longer mine always stay for months at a time..i thought the meds would change that but nope..not noticing much difference with the upped dosage my skin is drying out a little more but as far as my acne goes nope..

ya just to add i have been trying so hard to just go without makeup but when i go out and i know there will be myspace pics taken..lol i wear coverup and my LARGE one on one cheek i just couldnt hide and i was so good i didnt pick the huge whitehead on it and my friend (who knows how sensitive i am about it coming from a girl who has flawless skin) says to me "hey liz whats up with the mountain on ur face?" wtf???? i almost cried..i know she though it was just funny cause it was a huge mongo one..but anyhoo...

im starting to wonder if this stuff will even work..

#31 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:24 AM

Day 71:

Just wanted to post that my cysts now seem to be drying out a little but right when I think it is going away it gets a nasty greenish yellow head..ugh!!! But I still am not wearing coverup, my coworkers however do stare at them..lol

A few of my friends did comment that my face looks better i just have the cysts..so that made me feel better..i guess..

#32 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:00 AM

Day 73:
I took a shower a little while ago and noticed I had a little more hair in my hand than normal but not much..also that my hair is thinning out a tiny bit and dry..the inside of my nose is soo dry always feels like I have boogers but yet they're scabs cause my nose is so dry..ugh! My face is also dier now, like I may try that baby brush method I read about..My appetite has went up and I feel like Ive gained weight a little..not much. My skin gets icthy and my eyes are dry. I also havent been able to sleep at night and am suuuper tired at work. It seems like the side effects has increased a lot.so hopefully that means it'll clear up quicker..we're going camping to fort bragg next wknd and would be so nice to not be so paranoid about pics without make up..

#33 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

Day 75:

Just an update that cross my fingers I have not had a major new pimples although the same ones that have been there for weeks now are STILL there..the one HUGE cyst on my cheek keeps acting like it's going to go away then gets a huge whitehead again..ugh!!!

My friend said my skin looks better without makeup on thats 2 people that have said that now.. I was looking closely and noticed my cheeks are clear of blackheads..

my hair has started to fall out a little more the last few days...grrrr

#34 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

Day 79:

Still not much new to report. I have a few large zits pop up again and my old cysts are still there. I have still been going without cover up which sucks but grrr.. I want clear skin!.!.! My body is starting to get very dry like my elbows and knees, weird.. I am having the longest IB ever..!! Well tomorrow marks 80 days so only 40 more..I think that is how that works..

#35 lba2008

lba2008

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (beaty83 @ Sep 25 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 79:

Still not much new to report. I have a few large zits pop up again and my old cysts are still there. I have still been going without cover up which sucks but grrr.. I want clear skin!.!.! My body is starting to get very dry like my elbows and knees, weird.. I am having the longest IB ever..!! Well tomorrow marks 80 days so only 40 more..I think that is how that works..

Hello smile.gif Sounds like you're making progress! I'm on day 81, and I am feeling your pain...such a slow process!! I noticed you said your hair was falling out a bit...so is mine! I freaked (well...am still freaking a bit). I talked to my derm and he said I was way too stressed and that was part of the reason my hair was falling out. He also said that if the accutane was causing my hair loss it will for sure grow back in the months following treatment. Also, he said it was a good idea to eat foods that have a lot of oil in them...he suggested certain nuts, avacados, put olive oil on your food...I haven't really incoroporated them into my diet, but it was a suggestion anyway! Keep us updated, sounds like you're on your way to beautiful skin!

#36 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

Day 84:

I will admit my face looks better for the most part but definetly not clear. I agree with my friends I like my skin better without all the cover up but I hate that i still have pimples everywhere. The large "dimple" zit cyst things are stil there and still larger than life. I went camping and all I could see in the pics was the huge cysts but the rest of my face looked nice.

I sure hope this medication starts kicking in and gives me at least one day clear skin smile.gif

#37 lba2008

lba2008

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (beaty83 @ Sep 30 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 84:

I will admit my face looks better for the most part but definetly not clear. I agree with my friends I like my skin better without all the cover up but I hate that i still have pimples everywhere. The large "dimple" zit cyst things are stil there and still larger than life. I went camping and all I could see in the pics was the huge cysts but the rest of my face looked nice.

I sure hope this medication starts kicking in and gives me at least one day clear skin smile.gif

Sounds like you're making progess! I'm on the same day as you. Do you notice that you're skin where there are not any breakouts looks SO smooth and clear!? This is giving me hope (even though I still have a bunch of problem areas). We're getting there...slowly but surely!

#38 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:53 AM

day 87:

I cannot lie my skin everywhere else does look much smoother and for the most part clear of blackheads. The one large cyst is still large and inflammed all around the area and my other cheek still has a few large cysts and some small ones under my chin and a lovely large one right between my eyes which was just a small whitehead i thought would come out easy and evolved into this giant monster 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for your support lba2008 I sure hope we both have great results. I go back to the derm today I am scared he might try and up my dosage again, he said I'm already 10mg over my limit so we will see..

#39 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

hey beaty, glad to hear things are going good for you!

#40 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

So can I just say I love my dermatologist!!!!! Ive been seeing the PA there the last 2 months because my derm is so hard to get into to see and this time I saw my derm and he said he wasnt happy at all with me not being happy with my acne and offered to do Kenalog injections into my cysts and a few large pimples which in total I think was 6 or 7 large ones..it hurt and now my face looks even worse and they really stand out now but he said I should see results by tomorrow at least 50% better..soo I am excited cause I am going out tomorrow..and insurance covers it!!!
he said not to worry much about my cholesterol and trigylicerides, I mean not to not worry but not enough to pull me off my meds..I did eat a large burrito so he said that might be why..he said normally I should only be doing one more month but if I'm not clear by then we'll go another..

its funny that I am so excited to get my zits injected with something..lol ahhh...what a good day!