Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amnesteem log

66 posts in this topic

Day 62:

Not much change excpet the huge white head cysts are just red and slightly whiteheadish. I started the 80 mg yesterday so I am hoping for the best. My nose is soooo dry it is driving my bonkers. <u skin is also getting drier. I hate that it's hard for me to drive at night,ugh! I hope all these side effects stop after I am done with the meds..the ringing of the ears is annoying..lol

Hey beaty,

You're about 40 days ahead of me so I'll definitely be checking it out to see what may come. Things will get back... log after log I read the poster complaining about new huge zits one day and 3 days later they talk about they nearly disappear (or scab but at least they are getting somewhere!) Just hang in there! Good luck.

Accutane log (August 2008-June 2009)

My 25% TCA peel log (March 2010)

Day 67:

Just wanted to post that I got my tattoo worked on. I a huge tattoo that goes from my knee up to my arm pit and was getting ancy about getting it worked on..I researched about getting inked while on accutane and went ahead and did it anyway just wanted to let everyone know so far so good..no scarring or anything... :)

Day 67:

Just wanted to post that I got my tattoo worked on. I a huge tattoo that goes from my knee up to my arm pit and was getting ancy about getting it worked on..I researched about getting inked while on accutane and went ahead and did it anyway just wanted to let everyone know so far so good..no scarring or anything... :)

I just joined today and noticed we're almost on the same day (im on day 68)! It seems like you've had a few setbacks, and I wanted to let you know...so have I! In fact, sometimes I wonder if my skin is getting WORSE. I take it one day at a time...I think within the next month or so we'll both have beautiful skin! I bet your tattoo looks great, it's really important to take time to do things that you like...sometimes I feel like I've been holding my breath for the entire two months I've been on the meds! I love music, so that helps a ton. Good luck with your progress...you're over the hump, now it's just a month or two until clear skin!

Day 70:

Well not much more to document..just wanted to post that my tattoo is healing just fine..like it always does..

My acne is still bad..well bad to me is the same 4 cysts on one side of my face on just one large target looking one smack dab in the middle of my other cheek..for idk the last 3 weeks if not longer..no definetly longer mine always stay for months at a time..i thought the meds would change that but nope..not noticing much difference with the upped dosage my skin is drying out a little more but as far as my acne goes nope..

ya just to add i have been trying so hard to just go without makeup but when i go out and i know there will be myspace pics taken..lol i wear coverup and my LARGE one on one cheek i just couldnt hide and i was so good i didnt pick the huge whitehead on it and my friend (who knows how sensitive i am about it coming from a girl who has flawless skin) says to me "hey liz whats up with the mountain on ur face?" wtf???? i almost cried..i know she though it was just funny cause it was a huge mongo one..but anyhoo...

im starting to wonder if this stuff will even work..

Day 71:

Just wanted to post that my cysts now seem to be drying out a little but right when I think it is going away it gets a nasty greenish yellow head..ugh!!! But I still am not wearing coverup, my coworkers however do stare at them..lol

A few of my friends did comment that my face looks better i just have the cysts..so that made me feel better..i guess..

Day 73:

I took a shower a little while ago and noticed I had a little more hair in my hand than normal but not much..also that my hair is thinning out a tiny bit and dry..the inside of my nose is soo dry always feels like I have boogers but yet they're scabs cause my nose is so dry..ugh! My face is also dier now, like I may try that baby brush method I read about..My appetite has went up and I feel like Ive gained weight a little..not much. My skin gets icthy and my eyes are dry. I also havent been able to sleep at night and am suuuper tired at work. It seems like the side effects has increased a lot.so hopefully that means it'll clear up quicker..we're going camping to fort bragg next wknd and would be so nice to not be so paranoid about pics without make up..

Day 75:

Just an update that cross my fingers I have not had a major new pimples although the same ones that have been there for weeks now are STILL there..the one HUGE cyst on my cheek keeps acting like it's going to go away then gets a huge whitehead again..ugh!!!

My friend said my skin looks better without makeup on thats 2 people that have said that now.. I was looking closely and noticed my cheeks are clear of blackheads..

my hair has started to fall out a little more the last few days...grrrr

Day 79:

Still not much new to report. I have a few large zits pop up again and my old cysts are still there. I have still been going without cover up which sucks but grrr.. I want clear skin!.!.! My body is starting to get very dry like my elbows and knees, weird.. I am having the longest IB ever..!! Well tomorrow marks 80 days so only 40 more..I think that is how that works..

Day 79:

Still not much new to report. I have a few large zits pop up again and my old cysts are still there. I have still been going without cover up which sucks but grrr.. I want clear skin!.!.! My body is starting to get very dry like my elbows and knees, weird.. I am having the longest IB ever..!! Well tomorrow marks 80 days so only 40 more..I think that is how that works..

Hello :) Sounds like you're making progress! I'm on day 81, and I am feeling your pain...such a slow process!! I noticed you said your hair was falling out a bit...so is mine! I freaked (well...am still freaking a bit). I talked to my derm and he said I was way too stressed and that was part of the reason my hair was falling out. He also said that if the accutane was causing my hair loss it will for sure grow back in the months following treatment. Also, he said it was a good idea to eat foods that have a lot of oil in them...he suggested certain nuts, avacados, put olive oil on your food...I haven't really incoroporated them into my diet, but it was a suggestion anyway! Keep us updated, sounds like you're on your way to beautiful skin!

Day 84:

I will admit my face looks better for the most part but definetly not clear. I agree with my friends I like my skin better without all the cover up but I hate that i still have pimples everywhere. The large "dimple" zit cyst things are stil there and still larger than life. I went camping and all I could see in the pics was the huge cysts but the rest of my face looked nice.

I sure hope this medication starts kicking in and gives me at least one day clear skin :)

Day 84:

I will admit my face looks better for the most part but definetly not clear. I agree with my friends I like my skin better without all the cover up but I hate that i still have pimples everywhere. The large "dimple" zit cyst things are stil there and still larger than life. I went camping and all I could see in the pics was the huge cysts but the rest of my face looked nice.

I sure hope this medication starts kicking in and gives me at least one day clear skin :)

Sounds like you're making progess! I'm on the same day as you. Do you notice that you're skin where there are not any breakouts looks SO smooth and clear!? This is giving me hope (even though I still have a bunch of problem areas). We're getting there...slowly but surely!

day 87:

I cannot lie my skin everywhere else does look much smoother and for the most part clear of blackheads. The one large cyst is still large and inflammed all around the area and my other cheek still has a few large cysts and some small ones under my chin and a lovely large one right between my eyes which was just a small whitehead i thought would come out easy and evolved into this giant monster 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for your support lba2008 I sure hope we both have great results. I go back to the derm today I am scared he might try and up my dosage again, he said I'm already 10mg over my limit so we will see..

hey beaty, glad to hear things are going good for you!

So can I just say I love my dermatologist!!!!! Ive been seeing the PA there the last 2 months because my derm is so hard to get into to see and this time I saw my derm and he said he wasnt happy at all with me not being happy with my acne and offered to do Kenalog injections into my cysts and a few large pimples which in total I think was 6 or 7 large ones..it hurt and now my face looks even worse and they really stand out now but he said I should see results by tomorrow at least 50% better..soo I am excited cause I am going out tomorrow..and insurance covers it!!!

he said not to worry much about my cholesterol and trigylicerides, I mean not to not worry but not enough to pull me off my meds..I did eat a large burrito so he said that might be why..he said normally I should only be doing one more month but if I'm not clear by then we'll go another..

its funny that I am so excited to get my zits injected with something..lol ahhh...what a good day!

Day 90:

I just wanted to post that for the first time in this course I feel like this stuff may work.. The injections totally lowered the bumps..the red marks are still there but it looks so much better than it did. My forehead is soo shiny but it is clear. My pores look rather large so I am hoping when this is done I can get the laser thingy done for my pores and scars.

Has anyone else had memory loss? It sux taking Microbiology and not being able to retain anything

Yay, glad to hear that it's working! good luck to you. I haven't had memory loss and I hope I don't! That would interfere badly with school but if worse comes to worst, explain to your teachers that you're taking a medication that can cause memory loss and if need be, get a letter from your derm verifying that so they don't think you're just making things up :)

Day 93:

So I am glad to say that finally I truly feel like this medication may work. I am wearing coverup again only because now my acne is coverable and I dont have those HUGE planets on my face anymore thanks to the Kenalog..My face is still really shiny which is weird and I see a few tiny blackheads and still have some active zits but my overall skin texture is better.

My vision has gotten a little more blury and I hate that I cannot focus in class..drives me crazy! My nails have had a hard time growing without being so brittle.

So glad to hear accutane is working for you!!

I might be joining in with you in about 3 months when i have my second dermo appt. The more i read these accutane logs the more I want to try it out.

Keep us updated!!

Accutane started 07/11/08

6 month's completed!

Yasmin BCPno longer on BCP

RoC Purif-AC Soothing Reparator

Click for my accutane log - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Accutane-...wi-t216262.html

"no one will remember today so don't sweat it, look forward to the future"

Day 93:

So I am glad to say that finally I truly feel like this medication may work. I am wearing coverup again only because now my acne is coverable and I dont have those HUGE planets on my face anymore thanks to the Kenalog..My face is still really shiny which is weird and I see a few tiny blackheads and still have some active zits but my overall skin texture is better.

My vision has gotten a little more blury and I hate that I cannot focus in class..drives me crazy! My nails have had a hard time growing without being so brittle.

Your vision is blurry probably because your eyes are dry. Try getting some good eyedrops :)

Day 99:

Funny how my opinion of this medication changes from day to day..seriously to wake up completely clear would be the greatest day! I keep thinking it's on the path of getting batter then boom...I have 2 huge cysts on my back and the huge cysts that the Dr. injected are still there much flatter but still there. My face has gotten so much drier and my body to the point that I canot sleep and toss and turn all night. Ive been getting bad headaches lately which could be because I havent been drinking enough water and I have been drinking over the wknd. My hair is so thin it feels like, I hate that.

Granted my skin isnt nearly as bad I want it clear!! Why won't it clear up. I look at other people that had severe acne and mine was no where close to being severe and yet I am still not clear! grr....anyway still have high hopes that this will work..

Day 101:

I went through and read all of my old posts and it was kind of nice to read my own progress, I will admit it is a huge disappointment that I have not really had good results yet. I mean yes granted most of the blackheads are gone and yes my skin does seem smoother but that was not why I took accutane I can deal with all that stuff it was the HUGE cysts on ym face that stay there for months seriously months at a time and are in my profile when I turn side ways.. Its those stupid things that made me want to take this medication. I work at the hospital and one of the Dr.'s here was on accutane 4x's and it never eally worked for him, well it did but he still had acne and he said I am probably one of those ones that won't see results until the very end of the treatment. I am sure that is true but I wonder why that is. Why is it that with mild acne I am having such a hard time getting rid of it to where that accutane the most aggresive treatment isn't working? grrr..

Anyway sorry all I just had to vent. Also I have noticed weight gain and the drying is driving me crazy!!!

Hey beaty. I'm sorry to hear that! I really feel you. At this point right now, all I have is some super clogged pores, like those bumps. And they won't unclog!!! I've been on this medication for 8 weeks now and you would think the pores would just unclog or something. But they can't stay clogged forever right, ya know? At some point they've gotta give. Hang in there!

Day 108:

So when officially can I start to believe this medication is not going to work? My pharmacy had to order the second part of my meds cause they were out of it so they gave me Clarvis, so thats 3 different brands since I have started..its so frustrating.. I have yet again had about 4 big ones pop up along with the one large cyst on my cheek that I have had injected with Kenalog that just won't go away. I have a huge party tomorrow with nasty alligator flakey nasty skin along with a few huge whiteheads...grrr!!! I am in a bad mood today

Day 118:

So I finish my 4th month this week and go to my Doctor on Wed to decide if I am going to continue with another month. I think I am ok with that, I really want to be done. These side effects suck so bad and it just so bad for me. I am very sad that so far I have not seen results like most people have had. I'd love to wake up and be completely free of pimples. I do think my face has gotten better but nothing I could not deal with, it is the huge cysts that I still get that bother me. I have had a huge cyst on my jawline for about 2 weeks now just as large as it has been since it started and soo painful. The large cyst I had on my cheek is gone but there is a nasty looking scar. My scars from old zits and cysts look worse then they did and so do my wrinkles..well not wrinkles but you know the forhead creases. So we will see what the DR. says on Wed.