Photo

Amnesteem log

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:51 PM

I just started my generic accutane today at 40 mg. I guess I posted my log in the wrong section so I will try it again..lol

I have tried what feel like evey antibiotic and cream availiable to cure my acne. I have had it since I was about 12 and I am now 24. I don't have awful terrible acne but I do get some cystic acne that stays for months and they are so large they need their own zip code. I have many blackheads and little annoying zits.

My Dr. finally suggested Accutane after I was left balling in his office tired of having acne and not being able to just get up in the morning and go. It has lowered my self esteem and makes me not want to look in the mirror. My bf is blessed with perfect flawless skin and teases me about being a pizza face, I know he's not trying to be mean but it hurts inside.

I am hoping that this works. I was told that when your acne is mild the chancess of breaking out are less. Like I said my acne is not severe, more annoying and stays for months. So wish me luck!

#2 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

Day 2:
I was hoping that this morning I would wake up and this miracle drug would have cured my acne overnight, wishful thinking huh? I really don't notice a difference yet excpet yesterday I got a little light headed and today I have 2 new big pimples on the side of my face...grrr

It's so fun to have people share their horror stories with me about how the medication left giant craters in their face but then again I also have friends saying it totally cleared it up with no IB ( I think IB means a bad breakout??) I can only wish for the best.

#3 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

Day 5;

Well I really havent noticed any change. My acne has got worse and they have remained there for a few days now larger then life as usual. I think I am experiencing a few mild side effects but that could just be normal things that I hoping are side effects so I know this drug is working. My lips seem a little drier, my eyes seem drier, I am SUPER tired all the time, my acne has gotten a little worse, my skin doesnt seem as oily still oily but not as bad, I have faint headaches but that could be from all the smoke we are experiencing from all the local fires (I live in California) other than that nothing. I sure hope this works for me, with my luck it won't. I seriously have tried everything..so frustrating..

I hope to have better news soon..still in high hopes eusa_pray.gif

#4 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

Day 6:

Still nothing has changed. I am trying hard to be patient and just be glad I dont have a bad reaction and break out bad. Still have the same large ones that cannot be covered by make-up. I have been using Bare Minerals because I was told my MAC make-up was a large part of my acne. So untrue in my eyes. My face gets itchy with the BM, doesnt cover anything, when my face is dry it amplifies it by a million, face is still greasy and the powder gets everywhere. Once this BM runs out I am definetly going back to MAC. I am praying by then I wont need make-up...yeah right..lol

#5 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

Day 8:

UGH!!! Still no change the large zits are still there..my skin doesnt seem as oily though. It does seem like my of few of my large pores are bigger..my lips are getting drier but not too bad.

#6 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

Day 11:

MY skin is drier and I definetly burn much easier now. No new biggies..just a few small

#7 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Day 12:

Around my nose is drier and my lips are slightly dry, not cracking but I definetly need to keep chapstick on almost feels sunburned. I am actually very sunburned form being outside at a Rock Crawling event all day and forgot about sunscreen. I am expecting my nose to peel any day now and showers are awful! lol.. I am getting kinda itchy so I keep tons of lotion on just in case I'm gonna get super dry skin.
No new big zits, the ones that have been there for a few weeks are drying up finally. I have a bunch of red marks so it makes my acne look worse than it is. I have been a little more irritable it seems. My eye sight gets a little blury. All of which I am sure is normal. I'm just impatient and gets discouraged that this medication won't work since NOTHING else did. I cannot wait for the day when I can wake up and go or just take a shower and not have to quickly reapply my make up..
I am still using my 8% Benzol Peroxide face wash which I think is the reason why around my nose is so dry. I tried to use a new gentle face wash but it made my face feel unclean and oily. Any one have suggestions on a good one? Also any suggestions on the res marks that look like pimples???

#8 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Day 14:

I am peeling everywhere!! It looks super gross..I havent peeled this bad in years!!! I am assuming it is from the accutane. I was tanning religiously before I started and am watching my hard earned tan just peel away evil.gif
So my face is peeling on top of my nose which I am sure is due to me burning, around my nose and my chin are much drier than normal. I no big active zits right now still have a lot of small ones. When I wear makeup my skin looks fairly clear but its the red marks everywhere that look like my face is covered with acne even though really it isnt. I have heard the accutane gets rid of the red marks but then Ive heard it doesnt.

I've been getting headaches slightly, my skin is getting drier, my face is kinda itchy, my nose seems stuffed up, my lips are dry but not flakey dry just feel tight like they could get flakey. I noticed my face is not as oily which is awesome because I could fuel America with all the oil I normally have on my face.

So far so good I am hoping I will not experience too much more with the IB or anything else. How far in does it usually occur??

#9 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

Day 16:

My lips are much drier but in a weird way, I was thinking they would be like dry flakey dandruff lips but they are more tight and just splitting open, maybe they'll eventually get that dandruff look deeper into my accutane. Also my burn is peeling terrible still I cannot wear short sleeves or a tank top...ugh!! Around my nose and chin are still dry and hard to keep moisturized. My headaches have increased but nothing I cannot handle. Face is definetly not oily now, almost didnt wash my face today was so excited! I dont have any large cystic acne right now thank God but still a lot of smaller tender ones that won't go away. I still am trying to find a good cleanser and something to help with the red marks..
so far so good i guess... surprised.gif

#10 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:16 AM

Day 19:

My back is about half way done peeling and already a bunch of new pimples have popped up on my back. The hurtful kind too. My face is not clearing up really, just have a bunch of painful little pimples. The whiteheads on my cheeks, nose and chin are starting to feel llike sand paper hopefully this means they'll be falling out soon..
I went and bought MAC cover up again in hopes it'll cover up those stinking red marks,ugh! They won't go away and make my face worse then it is.. Im still in high hopes it's gonna work soon.. eusa_pray.gif

#11 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:51 AM

day 20: Nothing really new to say but I just had to comment on this stupid blackhead I picked at on my forehead that is now a large whitehead painful pimple that has been there for days looks like ive got a third eye,ugh!!!
My lips still arent that dry dandruffy type just split open and everytime I smile or open my mouth the take a bite the corners of my mouth crack open again and my lips are totally split open and of course I loose my chapstick..grrr

My skin is definetly starting to dry out and my hair isnt as oily either which makes it nice when I have to be at work at 6:30 am..

#12 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

day 23:

I had to drive a little over 2 hours yestereday during the day which wasn't bad except for the heavy traffic and bridges!! I kind of had anxiety but not nearly as bad as the next morning when I left at 4 am to drive back in order to make it to work at 6:30 am,ugh!! It was still dark out and I noticed I really couldn't see, my night vision was bad..hmm...my friend says that her night vision is permanetly bad from accutane. I already don't like traffic, had a bad anxiety attack driving on such big highways with HUGE semis on bridges. I felt trapped like I was just going to run my car right into the car next to me, id slow WAY down on curves..oh it was terrible. Im normally not that bad but since it was hard to see and I already hate traffic it was bad. I hope my night vision goes back to normal..

My skin is starting to dry out bad. my peeling has subsided kinda except behind my knees now my skins just blotchy. My blackheads on my chin and nose feel like sandpaper still. The pimples are not better still, same large ones on both sides of my face and that lovely huge one that started by me picking a blackhead,ugh! I am kinda sad today, my skin isnt looking better at all. I know it will get better but in the back of my mind i'm thinking "great another thing ive tried that won't work!"

#13 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

DAY 26:

I can finally say I have no new huge pimples!!! I do still have a few small ones and the large ones Ive maintained for a few weeks are still there but no longer large just red. The red marks make my face look worse then it is. The black heads that seem to be "purging" (?) anyway they still feel like sanpaper but annoying! Hopefully that goes away/

My face now feels like leather. It is super dry and my skin is starting to dry out all over, feel itchy all the time. I definetly notice a difference with my vision. I hope this is normal. My back kinda hurts too. I feel very sick today feels like a golfball is in my throat,sux!!

Ive been using Cerave cleanser, I started out using that during first week but it felt too oily and didnt leave my face feeling clean. It still doesnt feel clean now that im using it but not as drying as the BP 8% wash was.

#14 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

Day 33:

They switched my dosage on Friday to 30 mg twice a day so 60 mg and it's no longer Amnesteem it is now Sotret. There was only one pharmacy in town that had it.. The Dr. said I should be seeing improvements much more rapidly now but followed with 50% worsening of side effects...oh joy!

I have these two huge cysts on my cheek that have been there for a week, theyre huge! I could pretentd they were moles I guess..lol I am noticing my blackheads want to come out but still havent for the most part and the ones on my nose leave like a small pit well just an empty large pore, looks awful..

My skin is pretty dry and I'm itchy. I am feeling really light headed and sick which could be from me drinking wine last night. I am looking forward to good skin someday.. blush.gif

#15 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

Day 36:

So I feel like I have taken a few steps backwards. I'm not sure if I should be glad I have not really been experiencing any more side effects than before they have actually decreased. BUT my progress is worse.. My face seems to look like it normaly does except my blackheads do appear to be less. I also got a pimple on my neck which is not normal I never get them there. I am much more tired and moody. I finally found a face wash I like just Neutrogena something..It makes my face feel clean without leaving visible makeup on my face like Cerave did. I am hating Mac again it is just too oily or something..too cakey..I didnt care much for bare essentials though too many steps and didnt cover anything!
Anway so yep no progress and i'm just staying in high hopes...hard not to think after 36 days on this crap there is no improvment,makes me a little worried this will be just like everything else ive tried..

#16 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

Day 41:

I have yet again decided that I don't much care for MAC cover up..It leaves my face looking so cakey and oily and I bet plays a large part in my pores not clearing up. So the last few days I've been using the last tiny bit of Bare Essentials which covers nothing but makes my face a little less red. I just don't know what coverup to use..I wish I could wear nothing but I am just not comfortable enough yet to do that.

I am hoping all these comments I read about Accutane making you gain weight isnt true. I just quit Depo cause in 3 months I gained 20 pounds and I am a pretty thin girl. I'd like to take diet pills but not sure if with the Accutane it is safe. I am going nuts not being able to tan.. Everytime I talk to people about this drug they think I'm nuts to go through all these side effects just to hope that I MIGHT not have acne anymore..ya they're probably right its terrible that we even have to feel bad about something we cannot help I take care of my skin more than anyone I know.

Well my acne is the same my face just looks like one big pepperoni. I am sooooo tired like having a very hard tiome staying awake. I notice I am getting small dry patches on my arms and other parts of my body.

I am keeping a positive outlook but ugh!!! Just one day of clear skin please!!!!

#17 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

Day 44:

Nothing really very new to report my boyfriend has been out of town working and only comes home on the wknds well now with deer season open not even on the wknds so I have been trying to go without make up in hopes it would help clear my face up a little more. I am super self conscience about it but I am doing ok so far, gosh it is so nice not having to worry about getting it all on. I wish this was something I could do everyday and look good.lol

I have noticed my skin texture seems very uneven lately. I also have noticed I have been very very itchy. Last night in microbiology my butt cheeks were on fire..it was so embarassing. I also cut and colored my hair I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure if we could color our fragile everything during accutane. I also started taking Hydroxycut again. I am so tired today I wish I could wake up still have 9.5 more hours to go at work.

#18 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

I'm sorry you're so tired all of the time. I never could find anything to perk me up, but I hope you do. Best wishes to you on your course. smile.gif

#19 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

Day 47:

Thank you Siava for your support. Yeah it sucks being tired when I work fulltime, go to school fulltime and have a 4 year old..ugh...

So I think I am having my IB cause my face is bad. Looks the same as always just with several more zits..grrr My scars are definetly redder. I noticed I am not getting as dry as most people complain about, I mean my lips are chapped and my eyes just recently started to be very dry almost feels like allergies. I am so very itchy still. My scars like the indented ones also seem more visible. I have little blackhead bumbs all over too.

#20 beaty83

beaty83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

Day 48:

I know I just posted something yesterday but I am just not having a good day. My zits are huge very red and very very painful!! I have many one right between my eyes, above my lip like 6 big huge ones on my right side of my cheek,ugh!!!!!!!! Why won't they go away??? My skin is super uneven and looks blotchy. I have blackheads and these tiny pimples everywhere. My old acne scars are super red and look like pimples again. I have not been wearing make up in hopes it would help clear it up and I hate it, it's so embarrasing! Not to mention I feel like crap and feel a headache coming on..

Sorry just had to vent