Photo

Oil of Oregano as anti-fungal topical for Folliculitis!

candida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 albertine

albertine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

Hi Everyone!

Several months ago, I developed Folliculitis on my left cheek. It cleared after about a month, but in the last few weeks, I have had a crop of really itchy bumps pop up on parts of my face and neck. I noticed that this started after I applied BP in large patches to my face.

The bumps almost feel like poison ivy, but look very much like non-inflamed comedones. Some of them come to a head, and all of them feel a bit weepy. Anyhow, after doing some research, I figured that I probably have "Facial Candida" or Folliculitis caused by a yeast that is naturally occurring on the skin but that can become pathogenic when allowed the right circumstances. In my case, I think that the BP disrupted the bacteria/yeast balance on my facial skin and allowed the Candida to run wild.

Anyhow, my point is this: after trying to treat these spots like they were acne (which only made it worse, of course), I have found something that actually works. I've been using *wild handpicked/organic* OIL of OREGANO to treat it topically and internally. I'm also drinking Pau d'Arco tea, which is a powerful anti-fungal. The brand of Oil of Oregano I use is called "North American Herb and Spice", but you can do some research online about other options. It's pretty expensive, and it is NOT the same oregano you can purchase at a grocery store. That stuff has no anti-fungal properties. Read carefully about this before trying it. You will want to get either pre-diluted medicinal oil or oregano (it usually comes in a carrier or jojoba or olive oil) or get the pure essential oil and then MIX IT WITH JOJOBA OIL before applying it topically or ingesting it. It is VERY powerful stuff. I can't stress this enough! Even in my olive oil carrier, it burned a bit when applying to my Folliculitis spots, and it can be very painful if it gets in your eyes or is applied inappropriately (for example, please don't try to cure vaginal yeast infections with this... wacko.gif)

Anyhow, after 2 days of applying this stuff and taking a few drops sublingually per day, my Folliculitis spots have completely dried up and are on their way out! They no longer itch, either. Apparently you can also use cold-pressed organic coconut oil for topical application for skin candida infections. I haven't tried that one yet because this is working so well, but I might have some on hand in case I have to continue treatment -- it is best to mix up anti-fungals every few weeks so that the candida can't adapt!

Just thought I'd share, for those of you out there with stubborn Folliculitis and/or an acne-like rash or set of bumps that doesn't seem to respond to treatment!

A

#2 ariellestar1234

ariellestar1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Yes for people with candida, or other facial problems, oil of oregano..is supposed to be top notch..I have been using pure tea tree oil, on this large bump, and it is dissapearing!

I am going to order the oregano oil next...I am glad you have brought it up not to buy from any ole store...I was really about to..I will order from the place you have ordered from..the oregano oil..

Also, do you really take it internally?
I am scared to..
do you refridegerate it, or no?

#3 albertine

albertine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (ariellestar1234 @ Jul 8 2008, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes for people with candida, or other facial problems, oil of oregano..is supposed to be top notch..I have been using pure tea tree oil, on this large bump, and it is dissapearing!

I am going to order the oregano oil next...I am glad you have brought it up not to buy from any ole store...I was really about to..I will order from the place you have ordered from..the oregano oil..

I am scared to..

Hi!

I don't refrigerate it because the bottle doesn't say anything about it... I *have* taken it internally, though I must admit that I only did it a few times because the taste and strength of it made me gag and feel kind of weird. It's very strong stuff! You are supposed to take 1 or 2 drops under the tongue or with some water. Mine is diluted with extra virgin olive oil, but be sure to check the bottle before eating it, especially if you are allergic to any oils.

I am drinking Pau D'arco tea, though, and that has helped a LOT too. Do you take probiotics? I think that it's important to treat the internal overgrowth as well as candida on the skin or else you are likely to have a recurrence!

#4 NyamNyam

NyamNyam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

Ooh, at the moment, all I'm using are pro-biotics and raw garlic every day. I might look into these. What does the tea taste like? Do you sweeten it? Also, green tea made me really oily and break out, which really screwed my face up a few months back. I hope I don't react similarly to it.

#5 ariellestar1234

ariellestar1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (albertine @ Jul 8 2008, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am scared to..

Hi!

I don't refrigerate it because the bottle doesn't say anything about it... I *have* taken it internally, though I must admit that I only did it a few times because the taste and strength of it made me gag and feel kind of weird. It's very strong stuff! You are supposed to take 1 or 2 drops under the tongue or with some water. Mine is diluted with extra virgin olive oil, but be sure to check the bottle before eating it, especially if you are allergic to any oils.

I am drinking Pau D'arco tea, though, and that has helped a LOT too. Do you take probiotics? I think that it's important to treat the internal overgrowth as well as candida on the skin or else you are likely to have a recurrence!

Yes, my probiotic just arrived today..It is udos 8..however it contains small traces of milk, and soy..I will start it tommorow, with my garlic..and I will get lemons for water later..
do, you take probiotic with milk,/soy?
are you reacting well?

I had a wierd stomache diahrrhea, reaction with some evoo, when I was attempting ndromeos, regimen last time...but this time..I have everything I need to really complete his regimen...
and I will be starting tommorow..
I also have codliver il, and will be buying some oregano oil topically next week..
I am detrmined to beat this eusa_pray.gif ..

wish me luck.

#6 GoBills

GoBills

I really do love the Buffalo Bills!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

Great post!

I've never even thought about applying Oil of Oregano topically. I have a constant few of those awful stubborn bumps on my forehead that sometimes come to a head. I would like to eliminate those and this seems intriguing.

They have the brand you use at Vitamin Shoppe and will be swinging by there tomorrow smile.gif

How much do you apply? A couple drops?

#7 albertine

albertine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (ariellestar1234 @ Jul 8 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (albertine @ Jul 8 2008, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am scared to..

Hi!

Yes, my probiotic just arrived today..It is udos 8..however it contains small traces of milk, and soy..I will start it tommorow, with my garlic..and I will get lemons for water later..
do, you take probiotic with milk,/soy?
are you reacting well?

I had a wierd stomache diahrrhea, reaction with some evoo, when I was attempting ndromeos, regimen last time...but this time..I have everything I need to really complete his regimen...
and I will be starting tommorow..
I also have codliver il, and will be buying some oregano oil topically next week..
I am detrmined to beat this eusa_pray.gif ..

wish me luck.

good luck with your regimen! I currently use Body Biotics pro-biotics with soil-based organisms. They seem to be a superior brand, and were recommended to me by my father, who has been taking them every day for years. Before that I was using Jarro-dophilous because it is room-temp stable (and therefore easy to carry around as it doesn't need refrigeration), but I am allergic to potato and their capsules have potato starch sad.gif Udos is a really reputable brand, though, and I am sure your stuff is good as long as you aren't allergic or intolerant to soy or milk. Though to be honest I think that tiny traces of things sometimes don't trigger acne though they might be putting stress on your system overall if you are allergic....

Another thing I do is that I drink some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar in water about every other day. I do the Pau D'arco bark tea, don't use any harsh cleansers, follow a pretty strict diet (most importantly, I don't have ANY refined sugar, limit my fruit intake, and only have organic pasture butter for dairy) and also take the following supplements:

cod liver oil (carlson's) x 2
zinc x 1
vitamin-C complex x 2
EnzymeMedica DigestGold x 1 at every meal
EnzymeMedica ViraStop x 2
Ashwaghanda (in capsule form) x 1 at bedtime (to help with sleep)
Gentian tincture x 30 drops at each meal (to help with digestion)

But to be honest, while they (in combo with my diet, outlined in my sig) eliminated my cystic acne, NONE of those supplements alone cleared the Folliculitis from my skin. Only the Oregano oil really did the trick, though I am going to continue with my regimen for both my digestive health (have chronic digestive problems) and to help beat the systemic candida once and for all!

Best of luck with your regimen, and definitely let me know how it goes with the oregano!

#8 albertine

albertine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (GoBills @ Jul 8 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great post!

I've never even thought about applying Oil of Oregano topically. I have a constant few of those awful stubborn bumps on my forehead that sometimes come to a head. I would like to eliminate those and this seems intriguing.

They have the brand you use at Vitamin Shoppe and will be swinging by there tomorrow smile.gif

How much do you apply? A couple drops?

I just realized that I need to change my sig to reflect my actual regimen smile.gif

Anyhow, to answer your question, I usually just apply enough to cover the affected areas of my face without making it feel too slick or painful/burning. The other night, I spilled some on the floor confused.gif because I was clumsy and tired, and ended up using the spilled stuff off the floor to put on my feet. It's expensive stuff and I didn't want to waste any... Plus, the way that it is administered to children is through application to the feet, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I hope that helps, and I really hope the Oil of Oregano helps you with your folliculitis! I am so grateful to have found the stuff! Also, as an alternative, I have heard that you can use cold pressed organic coconut oil, but I've never given it a try myself so I can't vouch for its efficacy.

Best of luck!!

#9 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

I've used it for body folliculitis as well - it does seem to work well. I agree with the importance of rotating your antifungals regularly to keep the fungus under control. Also adding probiotics and reducing the sugar and yeast in your diet helps too. Some other oral antifungals that might be good to rotate in are olive leaf (which is one of the few fungicidal antifungals, most are only fungistatic), garlic, capryllic acid (in coconut oil), apple cidar vinegar, undecylenic acid (which is supposed to be more potent than coconut oil), neem.

#10 albertine

albertine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (willow569 @ Jul 8 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've used it for body folliculitis as well - it does seem to work well. I agree with the importance of rotating your antifungals regularly to keep the fungus under control. Also adding probiotics and reducing the sugar and yeast in your diet helps too. Some other oral antifungals that might be good to rotate in are olive leaf (which is one of the few fungicidal antifungals, most are only fungistatic), garlic, capryllic acid (in coconut oil), apple cidar vinegar, undecylenic acid (which is supposed to be more potent than coconut oil), neem.

Ah, yes. I forgot to mention neem oil. I used some topically but the results were definitely not the same as with oregano oil. I'm going to check out that undecylenic acid, thanks!!!

#11 ariellestar1234

ariellestar1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:40 AM

So are you guys saying after I buy the oregano oil from the body shop, and use it on my face/toipical on the spots....for a couple of weeks, switch?
With, like neem oil, an/or tea tree oil?

Or, are you saying for as the probiotics go?

Yes, I am allergic to milk /dairy and soy..and soy and milk is in this probiotic..I think my candida for the most part is dead..its just I have not been adding in probiotics yet to feed the me the good bacteria...I hope this probiotic and the oregano oil works.

#12 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (albertine @ Jul 8 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (willow569 @ Jul 8 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, yes. I forgot to mention neem oil. I used some topically but the results were definitely not the same as with oregano oil. I'm going to check out that undecylenic acid, thanks!!!

I haven't tried the neem topically, just in pill form. The pill supplement I got has undecylenic acid, neem and grapefruit seed oil. I took that with coconut oil for two weeks and have now rotated to using Olive Leaf and a supplement that combines odorless Garlic and ACV.

#13 GoBills

GoBills

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

Well swung by my trusty Vitamin Shoppe and picked up a vial of Oil of Oregano (North American Herb Spice brand). I guess I forgot how $ this stuff is smile.gif

Just applied it to my annoying bumps on my forehead tonight and will keep my fingers crossed. No burning, but I do hope they fade away as quickly as they did for you albertime. Otherwise I'm clear.

#14 albertine

albertine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (GoBills @ Jul 9 2008, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well swung by my trusty Vitamin Shoppe and picked up a vial of Oil of Oregano (North American Herb Spice brand). I guess I forgot how $ this stuff is smile.gif

Just applied it to my annoying bumps on my forehead tonight and will keep my fingers crossed. No burning, but I do hope they fade away as quickly as they did for you albertime. Otherwise I'm clear.

how's it going so far?

#15 GoBills

GoBills

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

It's been a few days and no change really. sad.gif This is extremely frustrating to me because I am CLEAR otherwise.

I fought so long and hard to get clear skin, and now I get these annoying bumpy bastards on my forehead (where I've never had skin problems!) I think the extremely humid summer weather might have something to do with it because that's when I started noticing them.

I'll stick with it for now but am certainly open to other ideas.

#16 ChaCha Fance

ChaCha Fance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:22 AM

I just bought some Oil of Oregano yesterday from GNC for folliculitis on my face (well that's what I THINK it is). Since I have no insurance (and I'm poor), I can't get a professional opinion so I've been trying to diagnose myself. I'm really hoping this stuff works because I'm at my wits end; I've tried just about everything.