Photo

Rice affects Acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 ComplexIssues

ComplexIssues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

I was just wondering, has anybody noticed an increase in acne with eating rice? The last few days I've been eating rice and it seems like I am getting a few more spots than what is normal.

#2 rakbs

rakbs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:33 PM

I think that rice is okay, but only needs to be eaten in moderate amounts. I believe that white rice is just as healthy as brown rice; but either way, rice is not that nutrient-dense, and should complement a meal, not form a meal, if that makes sense.

I went to P.F. Changs recently, and with my entree they gave me a LOT of rice (probably 2.5 cup's worth). That's just excessive, and has too many calories for too little nutrients. But would I have a problem with, say: a rice ball, some meat, a small cup of soup, a small salad, and veggies? Not at all.

#3 ariellestar1234

ariellestar1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, I think I will add rice as well to my diet, as i never noticed a coalition with acne and rice in my regimen,..This yr, after reading some threads here I cut it out..I thnk I can add some in in small amts!

#4 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

Spanish people eats white rice , if Rice effect acne "all" spanish people would had acne... all of THEM

biggrin.gif

, they are Gluten free ^^

Riight? sick.gif

There are good white rice.... Organic white rice are good.. Gluten free , low in sodium , etc

but i eat the Goya cause my mom only buys that one , oompf.gif

#5 shavingwoes

shavingwoes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (rakbs @ Jul 8 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that rice is okay, but only needs to be eaten in moderate amounts. I believe that white rice is just as healthy as brown rice; but either way, rice is not that nutrient-dense, and should complement a meal, not form a meal, if that makes sense.

I went to P.F. Changs recently, and with my entree they gave me a LOT of rice (probably 2.5 cup's worth). That's just excessive, and has too many calories for too little nutrients. But would I have a problem with, say: a rice ball, some meat, a small cup of soup, a small salad, and veggies? Not at all.

Agreed. I had a similar experience; my brother and I went out to a chinese restaurant and ordered 2 dishes of meat and vegetables to split between us. The waiter seemed shocked we didn't order any rice and kept asking and making sure we didn't want an order of steamed rice. The table across from us had an order of it and as you said, there was probably a good 2 and a half cups, if not more, of rice each on the platter.

#6 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

I just bought Organic white rice.. tongue.gif can't wait to taste it.

I also got organic brown rice

^^

#7 Jules.

Jules.

J.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

I was tested today for allergies/sensitivities to foods and was pleasantly surprised to see that I do just fine with rice. Sadly, though, my body doesn't tolerate most foods.

It's a very individual thing, you should get tested for food allergies, they could run a rice test with it.

#8 Acneminator

Acneminator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

Rice does not effect acne ...rice cool down our liver ... so i t is important for us to eat moderate amount of rice .