Dan are your dkr products suitable for use in pregnancy

12 posts in this topic

i wonder if the ingreadients in them are ok,cleanser moisteriser,AHA. i wont ask about the BP as i no you cant say yes or no so i will check that one with Doc,but i cant go into doc with list of several diffeent products and he told me to ask the compamy that produces,i sat gain that i understand as the BP is a medication to check with doc and im on that.

living in uk

currently- olay senstive wipes

2.5% panoxyl gel

olay sp15 senstive

(mild persistant acne for last 12 Years

2014-currently doing not very much as no 2.5% bp!

regimnen-going well 1 yr on

duac 2nd time-skin must of got used too this due to antibiotic,as this stuff was great!

dermalogica

duac gel-clear for 6 months

1X roaccutane again

came of pill

food elimination-diet is not a factor in my acne

1x roaccutane again-doctor felt not a long enough dose before

2x retin a

1x roaccutane

1x DKR-gave up after a week-severe redness

chinese meds

regimen-stopped due to severe redness

I have no expertise on pregnancy and which products are safe and which are not. Nothing is tested on pregnant women, for obvious reasons, so therein lies the conundrum. I'm really sorry, but I'm bumping you back to your doctor on this one. My cleanser, AHA, and moisturizer contain no active ingredients and are all over-the-counter. I can't imagine that they would present a problem, but I am not a doctor. Perhaps you can search around the boards for other women who have successfully asked their doctors about products and gotten the green light.

yeah i thought you might say that, i understand. my doc said to ask you.

i asume as well that if your products contain similar products to that of a shop cleanser then they are prob fine. i will go back to her.thanks

living in uk

2.5% panoxyl gel

olay sp15 senstive

duac 2nd time-skin must of got used too this due to antibiotic,as this stuff was great!

dermalogica

1X roaccutane again

came of pill

2x retin a

1x roaccutane

chinese meds

yeah i thought you might say that, i understand. my doc said to ask you.

i asume as well that if your products contain similar products to that of a shop cleanser then they are prob fine. i will go back to her.thanks

I just got a positive HPT yesterday and have yet to schdule my initial visit with my OB. I'll definitely ask when I go though, but in case you find out before me, could you please let me know? Thanks! Maybe I'll check my "What to Expect" book in the meanwhile. :think:

Congrats on your pregnancy, Kriszti! :)

I researched this topic online because I'm currently trying to conceive. What I found was it's OK to use:

BP

AHA

Clendomycin

Erythromycin

Do NOT use:

BHA (salicylic acid)

Retinoid / Vitamin A products

I would still ask your Dr, just to be safe. They all have different opinions on the issue (kind of like how much caffeine a pregnant woman can drink).

1 person likes this

i no that BP is deffo ok so im sticking with that,i am just curious that there are no ingreadients in DKR cleanser and moisterizer that are not safe,im sure they prob are though.

living in uk

2.5% panoxyl gel

olay sp15 senstive

dermalogica

1X roaccutane again

came of pill

2x retin a

1x roaccutane

chinese meds

i no that BP is deffo ok so im sticking with that,i am just curious that there are no ingreadients in DKR cleanser and moisterizer that are not safe,im sure they prob are though.

I just remembered it's also deemed safe to use azelaic acid (i.e. Azelex, Finacea)...

Dan's products don't have salicyclic acid or Vit A (i.e. retinyl palmitate), so you should be OK. ;)

My OB gave me the OK for use and I've used them for the entire pregnancy. I'm at the end of my 4th pregnancy right now and my skin has never looked better.

I use the wash, BP and moisturizer. Good luck!

3 people like this

well i am due any day and have used BP since 12 wks,no probs!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

living in uk

2.5% panoxyl gel

olay sp15 senstive

dermalogica

1X roaccutane again

came of pill

2x retin a

1x roaccutane

chinese meds

Please realize that Dan's statement above is the final word from acne.org on the safety of any of the products during pregnancy. Please do not just consider what other posters say about the safety of ANY products in pregnancy. Please talk to your doctor.

Benzoyl peroxide is a category C medication. A category C medication means that no studies have been conducted in pregnant women (for obvious reasons as Dan states above.) A Category C medication has however caused effects in pregnant animal studies. Thus the medication should not be used unless the benefits far outweigh the risks, and THAT is a judgment reserved for the woman herself AND her doctor, not any of us.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!