Photo

Why does Accutane make you so tired?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#1 Kelli1982

Kelli1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

So why exactly does Accutane make you so tire?? And why do my heals hurt? that is kind of wierd to me. I looked all over the Internet to find out exactly why Accutane causes you to be tired and I have came up with absolutely nothing.. Im wondering if id be tired during the day as well if I wasnt taking my Adderall for ADD in the morning. I think I notice the extreme tiredness later in the day when the Addy wheres off.. Anyways does anyone know exactly why Accutane make you tired.

#2 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Kelli1982 @ Jul 2 2008, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So why exactly does Accutane make you so tire?? And why do my heals hurt? that is kind of wierd to me. I looked all over the Internet to find out exactly why Accutane causes you to be tired and I have came up with absolutely nothing.. Im wondering if id be tired during the day as well if I wasnt taking my Adderall for ADD in the morning. I think I notice the extreme tiredness later in the day when the Addy wheres off.. Anyways does anyone know exactly why Accutane make you tired.

U sure its not the adderall making you tired. I know I feel like shit when I come down from it.

On the otherhand I have heard a lot of complaints about tane tireding you out, maybe try taking more adderall. jk:)
read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

#3 Kelli1982

Kelli1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

LOL im actually supposed to take 3 10mg pills of Adderall a day but I usually only take 2 and do not take it on my days off of work.. I have a few extra bottles laying around. lol I definately wouldnt be able to go to sleep if I took more.. I know its not the Adderall ive been on it since December and havent experienced this tiredness until after I upped my dose of Accutane its gotta be the tane. I just dont know why it makes me so damn tired. I can deal with the chapped lips, but I hate being this exhausted. I will suffer for clear skin I just hope I get my energy back once im used to my new dose.

#4 ImNotCreative

ImNotCreative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

I take at least a two hour nap everyday and I have Ritalin for ADHD which I don't take because I'm not in school right now and don't need to focus, so it's definitely not accutane. I kind of enjoy it. I always had a hard time falling asleep, now I don't and I feel good in the morning when I wake up.
Morning:
20 mg Sotret
Rise with warm water
If quite oily: Kate Somerville Clarifying Toner
Philosophy's The Present Primer/Moisturizer
Bare Minerals/Philosophy Mineral Makeup
Nivea Pure Moisture Body Lotion after shower

Evening:
Ortho-Tricyclen Lo
Philosophy's Purity Cleanser
Jojoba Oil for face and scalp
Drinking as much water as possible. At least 10 glasses.
St. Ives Vitamin E body lotion before bed

Aquaphor = love

#5 -lxl-

-lxl-

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

fatigue (what you call 'tired' all the time) is one of the uncommon, and possibly serious side effect from taking isotretinoin (Accutane)
i dont know which brand of isotretinoin you have (i got Sotret, which has pamphlet that tells all about side effects... it also has all the bad side effects printed everywhere on the package) but tell your doctor these excessive tiredness

#6 tanya33

tanya33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Hey Kelli,

It is just one of the side effects of it, it happened to me as well. My back was also sore from it, but it was the only thing that helped clear up my skin. Stick to it, and you will be happy with the results.

#7 Kelli1982

Kelli1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

I take Sotret im gonna go re-read my pamplet now.. I thought it was a common side effect thats why I havent called the doc yet. I wasnt worried about the tiredness until you said it was uncommon so now im worried. I was wondering what the Accutane does to you or has in it that causes the tiredness. Now im going to get my pamplet sad.gif

Thanks Tanya. I hope you are right.. Did your tiredness go away once you stopped?

#8 tanya33

tanya33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

It was definitely cause of the Accutane. Like I said, my back was sore, I found that to be strange, but that went away too. I had regular blood tests done every month to make sure everything was ok. I really think the tiredness is cause of that, I danced and even performed when I was on it. If you are active, it is good. I remember my face used to get so flushed though...but so so worth it in the end. I did it 6 years ago, and I had quite severe acne. Now, I break out at the time of the month, it's a few pimples here and there. I am maily concerned with my scars. Ah....it never ends! Good luck, stick to it, it will work!

#9 Kelli1982

Kelli1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

I will thanks for the encouragement. I actually got a burst of energy about 20 minutes ago and feel awake right now. smile.gif but its time for bed so I wish Iwould hurry up and get tired again.

#10 PrznKing

PrznKing

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

I remember freaking out because I would lie down for a normal 30 minute nap and wake up 6 hours later out of nowhere, lol. Yeah it's because of Accutane but I would just keep myself busy so I wouldn't get a chance to sit or lie down.

#11 devendralover

devendralover

Gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

I would think it makes you tired because the medication is a lot for your body to break down and process but that is just my opinion. I hate how tired it makes me but red bull is my friend! I told my derm I was always tired and he told me to take a nap, lol! By the time I get off work and exercise it is like 7pm and by that time I might as well just call it a night and go to sleep. Gotta love Dr.'s and their smartass responses.

#12 Kelli1982

Kelli1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

You guys are right about keeping busy cause once I sit down to relax for the night is when it hits me.. I dont notice when im at work or out and about, which is a good thing.
I cant take naps I never really could. Im always going and going and got a million things on my mind, so even when I try to nap I just end up laying there thinking of things I gotta do and 80 other random things. Its the ADD I drive myself nuts

#13 amy_m

amy_m

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

Wow, I was starting to worry that something was wrong with my right heel. They were both really sore for a while and now it's just my right one off and on. I'm glad to find someone else is experiencing it (well, not glad) cuz i was really starting to worry. It says on the warning that one of the side effects if your bones aching. My knees, neck were sore and my back and heels. Now its just my heels. My Derm said it was ok - unless I can't walk or somethin.

I don't have much energy either but that is nothing new for me. If I dont get my 8-9 hours I get tired. Are you getting at least 8? Cuz 6 aint gonna do much for you.

#14 Kelli1982

Kelli1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

Yes I get 8 most of the time but I am no longer experiencing those side affects it only lasted a few weeks. Im doing great now. I have 3 weeks left to go with my course.

#15 Odaniv

Odaniv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

I've read about tons of people who get tired on accutane and experience it myself. My derm even acknowledges it... in fact... I haven't run in to one person who hasn't ben tired while on it...

#16 djfunz

djfunz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

This is a great question. Im pretty tired as well. Especially after work. I have to really get my self going to head to the gym. Has anyone come up with any research on why this occurs?

#17 Choof_Chomper

Choof_Chomper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

because it lowers your androgen levels
"I wish one of you guys had children so i could kick them in their f***in head or stomp on their testicles for you to feel my pain because thats the pain I have wakin up every day" - Mike Tyson

Are you talkin outta turn? I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore. Unless you wanna... you know. - Mike Tyson

#18 djfunz

djfunz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Choof_Chomper @ Oct 6 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please post a link for all of us to read where you recieved this information.

#19 Choof_Chomper

Choof_Chomper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (djfunz @ Oct 7 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Choof_Chomper @ Oct 6 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please post a link for all of us to read where you recieved this information.

wouldnt constantly be people reporting low sex drive, decreased muscle, low energy levels if it didnt
"I wish one of you guys had children so i could kick them in their f***in head or stomp on their testicles for you to feel my pain because thats the pain I have wakin up every day" - Mike Tyson

Are you talkin outta turn? I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore. Unless you wanna... you know. - Mike Tyson

#20 Short2003

Short2003

nom nom nomming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

Im on day 31 today and I can report I have had almost no energy. I thought it might be from depression but now Im pretty sure its both
Mild/Moderate Cystic Acne since late in the year of 2000

Currently on Accutane started Sept 9th

Have tried Monocycline a few times, acne always came back about 2 months after stopping....

30/F/B.C., Canada