Photo
- - - - -

Folliculitis ruined my faith in GOD!

vitamin a red tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#41 MikeCosseva

MikeCosseva

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:20 AM

Earplug thanks for the words If my skin problem comes back I'll tell it how it is.
Saw my doc he said I may have bedbug bites as well as the acne. He said some of the acne scars doesn't look like acne. My fathers bed had bedbugs but I never noticed them in mine. I have been waking up to bumps on my skin lately. I looked all over and couldn't find them. Once we clean the sheets my brother and I will be swapping beds to see if we notice a difference. If that's the case all the beds have to go.

#42 JBabe

JBabe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

When was the last time you washed your sheets Mike? heehee.

I am really glad you are doing great with your skin and have found some solutions. And I hope you find that special somone!

My skin is also near perfect again, so I am happy smile.gif

#43 Ozay

Ozay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

Just finished reading your post Mike. I must say that I feel for you. I haven't lost my faith, but I definitely lost my belief in a God or religion. The reason stems from many areas of life in general. It definitely started with acne as a teen, but after being around the world and seeing all the chaos that exists, it's hard to believe in an entity that actually sees the daily atrocities occurring without lessening the suffering.
Best of luck to you and I hope you find what you're looking for. smile.gif I hope all us of here with a good heart find what we deserve.
OM.

#44 MikeCosseva

MikeCosseva

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

Wonko your post was insightful. You've seen a lot of things that people only read about. Believe it or not You and I share similar professions.
Back to acne, it's not bed bugs because my brother was sleeping on my bed for the last 5 days with 0 bites. My skin may be growing an immunity to the pills. This is not good. I have an appointment with the Doc the beginning of September, I hope he has a solution for this potential problem. Right now I can say I'm 80 percent acne free which isn't too bad...so far.

#45 MikeCosseva

MikeCosseva

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:23 AM

I am off Clindamycin. It was the only thing working for me but it's an antibiotic and not safe. There's nothing left but Accutane. Blood was taken to see if I'm suitable for it. I see the doc right after Thanksgiving to start with the medication. In the meantime I am taking Amoxicillin ( another bacteria fighting antibiotic ), it's a lot safer than Clindamycin. I sure hope I get similar results.
I have tried Frutels and it didn't work. In case you guys dont know it's candy that has acne fighting ingredients. Also major dose of Vitamin A ( 50,000 IDU daily) doesn't work. Pantothenic Acid 500 mg didn't work either.
Look out Accutane here I come!

#46 boomx

boomx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Well, glad I wasn't the only feeling depressed about this crap condition. I get a divorce and now it seems like she put a curse on me. If one of these pus filled things gets on a new partner, then she may have it for years.  The medical community says it is highly contagious so you have a reason to not get with someone intimately. Then again others say it is not contagious   Be confident , but also be smart and responsible. It can be overcome, so stay in the world and challenge yourself.

Edited by boomx, 01 April 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#47 TheGoodSon

TheGoodSon

Hey let's be friends.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Well, glad I wasn't the only feeling depressed about this crap condition. I get a divorce and now it seems like she put a curse on me. If one of these pus filled things gets on a new partner, then she may have it for years.  The medical community says it is highly contagious so you have a reason to not get with someone intimately. Then again others say it is not contagious   Be confident , but also be smart and responsible. It can be overcome, so stay in the world and challenge yourself.

You just revived a thread that's old as hell but i guess it's still relevant lol. Well now that you've brought this up, is that contagious? I don't think I've read that anywhere.

#48 boomx

boomx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yes, revived threads are useful for some people. I found some from 2005 on other boards that are helpful.

No, it is not contagious in some cases. But if you can get it from the hot tub,a  towel, or even metal object it is contagious. Or it is just over extended use of antibiotics on your skin to treat acne. Nobody seems to have a100% answer on this. Mine could be from either one. But I hd stopped using antibiotics on my skin for about 9 months or so. I did use many antibiotics in the past year a lot more than normal from a herniated disk and then a bug bite. I guess the latter is what did it.