Photo

What is up with my chin? (pic)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
208 replies to this topic

#21 Marching-Midnight

Marching-Midnight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

My chin looks exactly the same under my lip and on the corners of my mouth. These usually just stay there, but now they are turning into inflamed acne -.- I have been on so many diffrent types of medicine and they have always been there.

#22 *MEaGAiN*

*MEaGAiN*

A little bit longer and i'll be fine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

bump
i know no one has responded for like a month....but i have that acne only on my chin too, ive been using 2% bha it seems to be turning some into whiteheads...but other not so much hmm illl update in a few.
anybody have any updates on whats working/not working? i also think i might be exfoliating too much? im gonna stop any scrubs and just use bha and sometimes aha.
yay i get to change my sig to an accutane signature woopee haha

http://www.acne.org/...-A-t223558.html

there it is, my log...i'll try to keep u all entertained thorughout my journey :P

#23 RQ77

RQ77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

I may have this,mild case not on the chin but forehead. I was given Zindaclin 1% gel active ingredient clindamycin phosphate, and have been using a tiny bit of gel on a test area for roughly a month. No improvement. doubt.gif Not sure that it can be helped by any type of gel, cream lotion etc. The doc (holistic) that I trust says its hormonal. The doctor that prescribed the gel didnt seem to have any knowledge as to what kind of acne that I have, Im thinking of quitting the Zindaclin. Does anyone have any tips on this acne and any safe ways to remove/lessen it without taking any drugs. I was given diet help but apart from what to eat, any help, much appreciated.

#24 glide123

glide123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

I also have this problem...has anyone found a solution yet?
I've tried the retin-a, differin, anitbiotics routes...none have worked for me. The derm says its scarring...but new little bumps appear and others disappear.
help! i just want to get rid of them!
i've posted a pic in the post: "Small bumps on chin (scars, milia, fungal infection????) "

#25 calla lily

calla lily

Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

Oh my gosh!! I thought I was the only one with this problem. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what they are. Well, I still don't know what they are, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. biggrin.gif Anyway, I think I'm going to try some BHA product on it. I already use glycolic acid and BP on it, but they have no effect on those weird chin things.

#26 MasterCheif

MasterCheif

Getting clear and will hopefully get better!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

I have these and they're such a pain! I had them round the corners of my mouth but they were only visible if I stretched the skin. Recently they started spreading and no matter how hard I pick at them they seem to stay put while in the past I could quite easily pick them and get a long string of pus out.

Any help??

#27 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

I've been using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid for three weeks now for my chin (and all over my face). The weird bumps seemed to have diminished, only on the right side of my chin though. sad.gif I'm going to keep this up and see how if the ones on the left side of my chin go away, too. The BHA seemed to have causes more breakouts on the left side of the chin, so that could be why they're not going anywhere. Hopefully that's just one of those dreaded purging effects. I'll update if anything new happens.

#28 Haruka

Haruka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

It looks like photographs I've seen of mild eczema.
Yum yum!

#29 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

Did anyone else make any progress with their chin?

Mine just stayed the same. :/

#30 glide123

glide123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

No change. Sooo brutal.
I tried using mandelic acid...it took away the few blackheads...but I still have those little raised bumps on my chin.
Pretty sure it is scarring...
What can we do???????????????
I'm so sick and tired of seeing my chin like this!

#31 amanda8lynn22

amanda8lynn22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

Thank God I found this thread, I AM SO RELIEVED to know I'm not alone!!! I've been struggling with these bumps for years, and that pic looks very similar to my chin, except add some redness and more inflammation. These bumps WILL NOT go away!!! Arghh!!!

The only thing Ive found to help, but not yet rid me of them, is antibacterial soap (triclosan) as well as Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 sec. after I wash my face, then rinse with cold water.

Im also on tetracycl., retin-A .1% and tri-sprintec, And after 4 mos. Im pretty clear with the excpetion of those dam hell-sent permanent bumps...!!!!
A.M.
Baby wash
Cetaphil cream
Silicone scar away treatment on chin
P.M.
Baby wash
Wait 30 min.
Tretinoin .1% cream all over except on whiteheads
BP 2.5% cream on whiteheads
Wait 30 min.
Cetaphil cream over top

Doxycycline 100 mg daily
Tri-Sprintec, vitamins A, B, C, D, E, calcium, fish oil, biotin, iron, multi

#32 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (glide123 @ Feb 26 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No change. Sooo brutal.
I tried using mandelic acid...it took away the few blackheads...but I still have those little raised bumps on my chin.
Pretty sure it is scarring...
What can we do???????????????
I'm so sick and tired of seeing my chin like this!

Yeah, I think it's scarring but sometimes when I pick at some parts a lot some stuff comes out. But that's rare. :/

My friend says my chin is the worst part of my face because of those bumps although the rest of my skin is clear. gaaah.

QUOTE (amanda8lynn22 @ Feb 26 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing Ive found to help, but not yet rid me of them, is antibacterial soap (triclosan) as well as Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 sec. after I wash my face, then rinse with cold water.

I might try the hydrogen peroxide thing. I don't know about using antibacterial soap on my face, though. :/ Do you just use hand wash or get a antibacterial soap meant for face?

#33 KarmicKandy

KarmicKandy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

I also have this. I am hoping accutane clears it. I can never get a clear answer from derms, and I've been to many and they're all the "best."

I think we need to find out what we all have in common. This may be a mutant resistant form of acne. I had acne many years. I used everything. I was on abitbiotics for years. I used to have extremely oily skin. I was on retin-a, which just irritated the hell out of my skin.

Do the rest of you have scars in other spots from acne? If you don't, I doubt it's acne scarring.

It could be sebaceous hyperplasia, but I doubt that. I also really doubt it's scarring.

I really want to find out what they are so they will go away.

I once had a biopsy done, and it was just regalar keratin (skin) cells. So, it's not exactly acne. I think maybe the retin a messed up my cell turnover and produced more skin, almost like not shedding skin produced clogged pores and acne.

So...were we all on some form of retinoid?

#34 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for posting, it offered some new insight to our problem (at least for me). I only have these on my chin, and some tiny, tiny ones along my jawline. I don't think I've used a retinoid before, but I want to. However, I have used various forms of sulfur, AHA, BHA, benzoyl peroxide, and mandelic acid to treat my noninflamed acne, though I don't think any of those caused these (or else more people would have these things on their chin or other places).

I have also used a couple antibiotics before, but the period of usage wasn't very long. I don't remember what the first one was, but I only used it as a topical for about a month until I realized antibiotics would just make things worse in the long run and I stopped. This was probably 4 years ago. Last summer I took penicillin for 1 week and my skin cleared up, although I don't remember if those chin bumps were already there or not. If they were, they probably weren't as obvious as they are now. I just started noticing these sometime last year.

I'm also pretty sure I have PCOS if that counts. I think the equivalent for PCOS in males is called Syndrome X. I know PCOS can cause hormonal imbalances which can lead to acne and other health problems, even ones that aren't really hormone-related. Could these strange bumps be caused by PCOS? Who knows. I hope more people come and post details about themselves so we can all figure this out together.

#35 anon2

anon2

I'm here for the food!

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

my bumps are still here. Ther are very small almost invisable to the naked eye but are filled with yucky gunk! they staill have not gone away.

#36 highlyevolved

highlyevolved

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Hey guys, I have a similar problem. I posted a thread with pics on the acne scar forum.

I had a biopsy a while ago and it came back saying it was Dystrophic Calcification...

#37 KarmicKandy

KarmicKandy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

What's dysrophic calcification?

Calla,

retinoids won't help. Don't even bother. I actually think they make it worse because they irritate it.

#38 highlyevolved

highlyevolved

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

My derm said it was secondary to scarring. Like a build up of calcium in the skin.

I want to try electro cautery, but i can't find anything about it here sad.gif

#39 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

I would kill to have your chin Angi!
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#40 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

I just wanted the retin-a because supposedly it could help with scarring since it helps with collagen formation or something. :/ Any truth to that from what you've noticed, if you had any scars at all?

I found this about dystrophic calcification:
Dystrophic Calcification. Many restrict the use of the term calcinosis to those patients who have calcium deposits in the soft tissues but have no generalized disturbance in calcium or phosphorus metabolism. Dystrophic calcification is often seen at sites of previous inflammation or damage to the skin. Calcinosis has been associated with connective tissue disease, such as in systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) or polymyositis-dermatomyositis.

http://www.healthsco...8/666/main.html

That kind of sounds plausible for what we have, but I don't know... what exactly caused it? Getting too much or little of a certain nutrient?

The other day I went on a chin squeezing/picking fest for almost an hour (I was extremely bored), and it could just be me but my chin bumps seem to be improved. I mean, it looks like some of them are going away as I did manage to squeeze teeny-tiny bits of stuff out of most bumps (very difficult to do!). I had some scabs and dry skin that I peeled off, too. I nuked it with some BHA, AHA, and BP (all at the same time) after I exfoliated it to death with my Clarisonic. My chin looks a helluva lot better today. Still slightly bumpy, but the bumps are much flatter and normal-looking than before. Hmm, I should try this again.