Photo

Egg White and Lemon Juice Mask?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Darth_Wookie

Darth_Wookie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Just saw this on the net i am giving it ago. But I would like to no what results i should expect. I have had cystic acne since i was 13 or 14. It isn't has bad as it sounds but is still bad enough to effect me.

#2 Roope

Roope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

I don't mean to be rude but I really doubt that any of these voodoo methods work for severe acne...

#3 Darth_Wookie

Darth_Wookie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Roope @ Jun 26 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't mean to be rude but I really doubt that any of these voodoo methods work for severe acne...

If you dont have any nice to say dont say anything at all haha. Nah thats cool everyone has their own opinion.

#4 daniel9876

daniel9876

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Darth_Wookie @ Jun 25 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just saw this on the net i am giving it ago. But I would like to no what results i should expect. I have had cystic acne since i was 13 or 14. It isn't has bad as it sounds but is still bad enough to effect me.

http://www.acne.org/...p...135&hl=tone
this person used this mask in there regium, ive been reading the posts and then saw this post, but they think it works real for red marks, im going to start it tomoro and see how well it works for myself but alot of people say it works real well, but there again they dont say if they just had mild, moderate or serve acne as serve marks are always harder to heal sad.gif, anyway il post again in about a week to say how well it works for me.

#5 Darth_Wookie

Darth_Wookie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

cool thanks, ill post again in a weeks time and give you my results aswell.

#6 Darth_Wookie

Darth_Wookie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

hey hey, well by what i can tell about this treatment after one week. Is that it reduces the redness greatly and helps in the healing of acne. I will be posting in 3-4 weeks to tell you what my results are.

#7 sid99

sid99

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

are you using only the clear part of the egg or the yolk aswell? I hear the yolk contains all the vitamins and the white mainly protein.

#8 Darth_Wookie

Darth_Wookie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

the clear part of the egg no yolk

#9 daniel9876

daniel9876

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

yea you use the white part there are alot of rumors around that the yolk causes break outs as it blocks the pores, there alot of mixed answers out there though, mabye you could test it with using yolk aswell on a small area where your prone to acne to see it it gives better results) but of corse that may be risky.

well its been just over a week since i started.....

my scars have healed well due to the lemon juice (you should note that i only have very minor scaring and i have never used anything to try and heal them before as i figured i would solve my red marks 1st)

it seems to have toned my face in general to a more natural colour and my red marks but my serve red marks to a much lesser extent (the negitive side of this is that it does make them stand out a little more (so people will have to work out if they want a less red face or for there marks to merge with there skin)...

also to check if it was permament or just temparary, i done this by stopping the mask for two days.
after the two days it was clear that my face and redmarks will next to how they was before (i monitored two parts of my face my left cheek which has around 4 very serve red marks (been there for around 1 and a half months so far) and my forehead which has more moderate red marks (been there for around 1 month and nearly faded))

needless to say that although it did not help my serve red marks it did help my face in general so i will be starting the mask again and maybe in time it will yeild better results (as i no just over 1 week is hard to judge how well it works for more serve cases)

#10 sid99

sid99

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (daniel9876 @ Jul 7 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea you use the white part there are alot of rumors around that the yolk causes break outs as it blocks the pores, there alot of mixed answers out there though, mabye you could test it with using yolk aswell on a small area where your prone to acne to see it it gives better results) but of corse that may be risky.

well its been just over a week since i started.....

my scars have healed well due to the lemon juice (you should note that i only have very minor scaring and i have never used anything to try and heal them before as i figured i would solve my red marks 1st)

it seems to have toned my face in general to a more natural colour and my red marks but my serve red marks to a much lesser extent (the negitive side of this is that it does make them stand out a little more (so people will have to work out if they want a less red face or for there marks to merge with there skin)...

also to check if it was permament or just temparary, i done this by stopping the mask for two days.
after the two days it was clear that my face and redmarks will next to how they was before (i monitored two parts of my face my left cheek which has around 4 very serve red marks (been there for around 1 and a half months so far) and my forehead which has more moderate red marks (been there for around 1 month and nearly faded))

needless to say that although it did not help my serve red marks it did help my face in general so i will be starting the mask again and maybe in time it will yeild better results (as i no just over 1 week is hard to judge how well it works for more serve cases)

Nice ill be following this. I have I would say in between mild-severe red marks so hopefully this may be promising! Keep us updated!

#11 LexieF

LexieF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:59 AM

Hi Everyone I thought I would join in. I started the following regimen on July 1st. I mainly did it for hyperpigmention due to old acne. My facial acne is mild and my body acne is moderate. I have been on everything: accutane 2x, minocycline, and every topical you can name. This is the best regime I have found that works for me.

Here's what I do:

AM
Baking soda and water to wash face
ACV / water mix (Ratio 1:1) after 10 mins. rinse off
Tea tree oil on spots (if needed)
Neutrogena healthy defense SPF 45

PM
Dan's cleanser
Egg-white and lemon mask -rinse off after 10 mins (I brought a little plastic bottle and added 2 egg whites and fresh lemon - I leave it in the frig.)
Tea tree oil on spots (if needed)
Dan's moisturizer (if needed)

Progress...

I had been on minocycline a few months ago and was clear; however, I believe this contributed to my hyperpigmentation after doing some research. After coming off my acne flared up (facial acne was moderate and body was moderate to severe) and nothing worked. This regimen cleared my facial acne to 90% and I see a slight improvement in my marks. eusa_dance.gif I am using Nizoral for my body acne and aloe after my shower. I have used this for 1 week also and my acne is drying up and the redness is fading. Looks promising, however, body acne takes time to clear.

As on Sunday 7/5/08 I added Vitamin c 500mg, MSM 1,000mg 3x daily, and Grapefruit SE. I read many people had success in reducing their hyperpigmentation with these supplements since it can be from added yeast in their body which makes sense since I was on mino. for a few months and then develop brown spots on my forehead & upper lip. Here's a great website to look at: Earthclinic.com.