Photo

hormonal cystic acne, benzaclin? best face wash?

5 replies to this topic

#1 brighteyedmomma

brighteyedmomma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

I was wondering how many of you have hormonal cystic acne? and if you've used benzaclin?
also, what face washes have you found to work the best for you!
Thanks!

FYI: I have a once in a lifetime huge vacation in just under two months and really need to at least clear up for the most part. Thanks!

#2 cowspongez

cowspongez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (brighteyedmomma @ Jun 24 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering how many of you have hormonal cystic acne? and if you've used benzaclin?
Thanks!

FYI: I have a once in a lifetime huge vacation in just under two months and really need to at least clear up for the most part. Thanks!

I do...I've used benzaclin and it helped to clear up break outs fairly quick, but I can't say it ever prevented them. I use an exfoliating scrub containing benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) in the morning, and at night I use a face wash with salicylic acid (2%) and glycolic acid (5%). I also use duac (morning) and finacea (night). I am more happy with these than I was with benzaclin.

#3 shanio

shanio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:football, watching movies, MMA, all martial arts and parkour

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:39 AM

accutane asap

When your legs get tired, let your heart finish the job

#4 brighteyedmomma

brighteyedmomma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (shanio @ Jun 26 2008, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
accutane asap

not an option.

QUOTE (cowspongez @ Jun 26 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!

I do...I've used benzaclin and it helped to clear up break outs fairly quick, but I can't say it ever prevented them. I use an exfoliating scrub containing benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) in the morning, and at night I use a face wash with salicylic acid (2%) and glycolic acid (5%). I also use duac (morning) and finacea (night). I am more happy with these than I was with benzaclin.

I'll look into the finacea, but from everything I've read duac is the same as benzaclin, but maybe the benzaclin alone isn't enough. i'm wondering if these medicines even help hormonal acne. but thanks though!

#5 cowspongez

cowspongez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (brighteyedmomma @ Jun 28 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (shanio @ Jun 26 2008, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
accutane asap

not an option.

QUOTE (cowspongez @ Jun 26 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!

I'll look into the finacea, but from everything I've read duac is the same as benzaclin, but maybe the benzaclin alone isn't enough. i'm wondering if these medicines even help hormonal acne. but thanks though!

I don't know--I think it helps keep it under control, but certainly isn't a cure.

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

I don't know what you mean by 'hormonal cystic acne.' Almost all acne is hormone related. Exceptions are things like allergic reactions and pores clogged by topicals.

I definately have hormone issues, but my cystic acne was caused by an allergy.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users