retinoids

3 replies to this topic

#1 swoosh0410

swoosh0410

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

Has anyone had success using Finacea along with Retin-A? Is this safe? Here's my story: I used Retin-A for some time and it helped my acne, but left behind redness/irritation. I talked to my derm and switched to Finacea to help with the redness. I've been on Finacea for about 6 weeks now. Finacea helped with the redness, but is pretty ineffective against the remaining acne on a stubborn cheek area.

I was wondering if I can safely apply Retin-A to that cheek area while on Finacea. Retin-A seems to remove the acne, despite the irritation. Any advice?

#2 Ellie7

Ellie7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:48 AM

I am using Finacea in the morning and Retin-A Micro in the evenings without any irritation.

#3 swoosh0410

swoosh0410

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

is it alright to use retin-a on just the cheek area? there is stubborn acne there that finacea is having trouble with.

#4 AOEE

AOEE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

No you must use it on your entire face. It is a drug that slowly changes the structure and growth cycles of your skin, it needs to be applied consistently and with much patience (3-6 months).

In the topical retinoid forum I have read that some people are using Finacea + RetinA (AM and PM, respectively).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users