Photo

Please try Zinc and Vitamin C for adult acne!!!

vitamin d zinc

5 replies to this topic

#1 AnnoyedGal

AnnoyedGal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

Hi,

I am a 29 year old female...I have had acne since I was 14. It sux... In the last few years, I have been able to octrol it on and off with verious antibiotics, spiro, etc... But they all stop working eventually.

I started breaking out again oretty badly a few months ago. Derm said keep going with spiro..But it didnt work anymore!! I wanted to get off all meds cause I am thinking of getting pregnant in the next few months... I came across several articles saying ADULT acne is often just caused by vitamin deficiencies, especially Zinc and C.

Soooo I thought what the hell! About a month ago, I started taking one supplement of Vitamin C and one tablet of zinc. Just normal supplements, no extra high doses or anything so no harm done..

SO far and I HOPE this keeps going, no acne in the last month. And my marks are healing so much quicker and face is brighter!!!

Soooo my friends, because it will not harm you, an potentially help, give it a shot!

#2 EarPlug

EarPlug

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

How much has the month cost u from buying those 2?

#3 HolisticJane

HolisticJane

Why yes, Redheads are Evil..Bwahahaha!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Eastern Philosophies, tattoos, Art, Weird Stuff, Guns, museums, theater, anything avante guarde, strange poetry, feminism, Sensitive yet confident men.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:27 AM

Vitamin C definitely helped me. I've been taking 2000 mgs since March and along with my Tazorac, I'm totally clear now. Haven't had a cold either. My Dermatologist told me that acne is a systemic disease which means you have to treat not just topically, but internally. She actually believes that diet does effect our acne and that many of us are stressed out and don't eat or sleep properly therefore leading to a weaker immune system. Vit C and Zinc can help boost your immune response to pathogens including the P-acnes. It will not eliminate your acne totally, but it can help you heal much faster.
Jane, age 36
(Follicular/Hormonal Acne Sufferer for 16 Years) PCOS

Day and Night:
Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser w/ Microfiber cloth
Clinique Repairwear for eyes
Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free, Wait 10 minutes
Pea Sized amount of Tazorac .01%
Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid
Aquaphor on lips and spots for healing

200 mg of Doxycycline a day

100% Clear as of 12/21/2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supplements: Multi-Vit, Zinc, L-Taurine, B1 (thiamine), Flush Free Niacin, Fish Oil w/Omega 3, 4000 mg of Vitamin C. Limited Dairy, no soda, no red meat, no pork, Organic Die

#4 MrSebastian

MrSebastian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

Did you take a blood test beforehand?
English is not my native language :)

#5 AnnoyedGal

AnnoyedGal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hello,

The vitamins are super cheap. Just $5 a bottle for a 2-3 month supply. Basically $10-15 for a 3 month supply. So far so good!!! Been over a month now. Still good.

No, I have not had blood work down to see if I am deficient. But I have MS. My immune system is warped anyways, so I wouldnt be surprised if I was deficient. I am deficient in Vitamin D as are many with MS.

All I can say is, it will not harm you, and its cheap. So why not try??

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

It helps in more ways than immune system. They are both also anti-inflammatories. And C is an anti-histamine and Zinc helps with hormone balance. You should also eat more fish or supplement with fish oil for the Omega 3 EFAs.

I took Zinc, C, but also a B-complex (you can get those all in one pill, although you need C throughout the day) and saw palmetto. These made my skin a lot less oily and I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face. This was the first thing that ever helped. Better than any antibiotic, topical or other drug any derm ever gave me, including Accutane. And I really don't think it was the saw palmetto. I since cut out crap refined foods/drinks and replaced with real nutrient dense food and my skin cleared completely and has been clear 99% of the time ever since.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users