Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just popped a pimple what do i put on it?

22 posts in this topic

whiteheadish i dont know if it was ready to be popped but i did it anyway

what should i put on it so it wont scar and can dry up

you shouldnt have popped it

You can normalize

Don't it make you feel alive

^^ That was very helpful (Sarcasm). Anyways when I usually pop a pimple i apply BP or just leave it alone after that.

Current Status of face: Words cant describe how happy I am :D

You can find my log of how my NEW regimen is working for me here <ahttp://static.acne.org/ipb_uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'> http://www.acne.org/messageboard/My-AcneFr...og-t200272.html

you shouldnt have popped it

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

Applying ice to the lesion and also some neosporin cream can help reduce inflamation and prevent infection of the spot. Ice it for 2-3 min, a few times a day.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel

-Finacea

-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)

-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub

-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night

-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel

-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone

*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...1620&st=460

I just did the same thing - oops!!

I have found that if I put emu oil (bought months ago after reading about it on here), let it dry a little and then put some Sudocrem (also read about it on here), I get very little scarring. I use Dan's regimen, so that means putting that stuff on after the BP and moisturizer.

The area will dry up and flake off, but will do so without you needing to pull at the flake. Underneath it will be much lighter in colour, and will eventually fade away.

(I'm 30 and my skin doesn't heal as well as it used to, but this has really worked for me.)

I don't know if jojoba oil or maybe vitamin e cream would have the same effect... The Sudocrem is a zink diaper-rash type cream.

an astringent?

Thin Cyster

DragonSlayer: Sometimes crushing a man's heart is better than killing him. That's why I dress up on weekends.

fishbulb: I just spilled my heart and soul and you timed out

Marisa's one hot senorita

To Monterrey you'll go to meet her.

You'll share a cerveza

And then she'll amaze ya

That talented young senorita.

Why are you people so sarcastic and rude? Just offer advice or stay out of the effing post.

ANYWAY, I have heard good things about tea tree oil, and ice is good for inflamation.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules][image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Take a look at the hottest guy in the world. I will marry him one day.

Who's being rude?

Thin Cyster

DragonSlayer: Sometimes crushing a man's heart is better than killing him. That's why I dress up on weekends.

fishbulb: I just spilled my heart and soul and you timed out

Marisa's one hot senorita

To Monterrey you'll go to meet her.

You'll share a cerveza

And then she'll amaze ya

That talented young senorita.

I popped a big one yesterday (well, it broke open on its own and I helped it along afterwards. :sick: ) I put witch hazel on it for a bit afterwards and now just using the regimen products on it. I'm also not putting make-up on the affected area either.

i was wondering what would help it heal. i popped a zit that was like, READY. like practically a little organ hanging out of my skin that i just popped off. what do i do to make it heal quicker?

Do you have any hydrogen peroxide? It will make it heal faster if you put something on it that kills the bacteria. You could also try icing it to keep the inflamation down.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules][image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Take a look at the hottest guy in the world. I will marry him one day.

Whenever I do that, like yesterday when I ripped some of the outside skin of the pimple (oops), I immediately put BP on it. BP... I LOVE YOU.

Morning:

1. Wash face with Basic Calming Soap

2. Duac Topical Gel

3. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (noncomedogenic)

Night:

1. Wash face with Basic Calming Soap

2. Retin-A Micro Pump

Aloe vera gel! Everytime I pop a pimple I apply some aloe vera gel to help reduce the redness and prevent scarring. Works every time.

i prefer tea tree oil(i hav jus finished my tea tree oil so m applyin BP) both of them dries the pimple quickly... its better to put tea tree oil cuz it never leaves u vid marks.. Good Luck :)

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

wynne can i ask, does the antibiotic cream have the same effect as bp would, ie they are both two ways of killing off bacteria left in the pore? is that the point of applying it? ive been using bp due to this way of thinking but i think it using sudocream (a uk antibacterial thing which i think is just like neosporin) may be gentler

Regimen user since April 3rd 2008:

* Dan's Wash

* Dan's BP

* Dan's AHA+ at night

* Dan's moisturiser

Everyday minerals addict, especially the blushes, must own them all

The antibiotic cream/ointment is also moisturizing and maintains a wound's hydration and also forms a protective barrier. BP can't do all that, yet it is a good antibacterial agent.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

Would Tea tree Oil be a good replacement for the antibiotic cream/ointment?

Current Status of face: Words cant describe how happy I am :D

You can find my log of how my NEW regimen is working for me here <ahttp://static.acne.org/ipb_uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'> http://www.acne.org/messageboard/My-AcneFr...og-t200272.html

Try Neutrogena skin aid...

Neutrogena® skin aid is where skin care meets first aid. Reach for this incredibly convenient, all-in-one skin recovery ointment that helps treat multiple conditions on contact. Whether it's pain, itch, minor cuts and scrapes, minor burns, irritation and redness, chapping, insect bites, sunburn or more, skin aid is a unique product that works effectively on a variety of minor skin emergencies.

Dermatologist tested, skin aid not only treats skin conditions on contact, but also contains ingredients that improve the health of skin as it heals. Glycerin, clinically proven as to be a critical ingredient for skin repair, lets injured skin get healthier, faster. Allantoin and hyaluronic acid are skin soothers that restore skin health while pramoxine hydrochloride assists in relieving pain.

For a first aid kit in a tube, skin aid treats, soothes and protects your skin as it heals.

#

Dermatologist tested

#

Available in .75 oz and 1.5 oz

Aloe vera gel! Everytime I pop a pimple I apply some aloe vera gel to help reduce the redness and prevent scarring. Works every time.

Yup thats what I would do too! Everytime I pop one I put some aloe vera on it and it keeps it from scarring :D

whiteheadish i dont know if it was ready to be popped but i did it anyway

what should i put on it so it wont scar and can dry up

Tea tree oil.