Photo

I just popped a pimple what do i put on it?

whitehead whiteheads pimple pimples pop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 corvettelexi

corvettelexi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:44 AM

whiteheadish i dont know if it was ready to be popped but i did it anyway

what should i put on it so it wont scar and can dry up

#2 K-Fed

K-Fed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

you shouldnt have popped it

#3 Kohkane

Kohkane

Is good for you.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:03 AM

^^ That was very helpful (Sarcasm). Anyways when I usually pop a pimple i apply BP or just leave it alone after that.

#4 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (K-Fed @ Jun 8 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you shouldnt have popped it

rolleyes.gif

I would recommend using either a bp or sa product

#5 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:08 AM

Applying ice to the lesion and also some neosporin cream can help reduce inflamation and prevent infection of the spot. Ice it for 2-3 min, a few times a day.

#6 BlueSeven

BlueSeven

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

I just did the same thing - oops!!
I have found that if I put emu oil (bought months ago after reading about it on here), let it dry a little and then put some Sudocrem (also read about it on here), I get very little scarring. I use Dan's regimen, so that means putting that stuff on after the BP and moisturizer.

The area will dry up and flake off, but will do so without you needing to pull at the flake. Underneath it will be much lighter in colour, and will eventually fade away.
(I'm 30 and my skin doesn't heal as well as it used to, but this has really worked for me.)

I don't know if jojoba oil or maybe vitamin e cream would have the same effect... The Sudocrem is a zink diaper-rash type cream.

#7 Intoxifornication

Intoxifornication

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 48
About Me

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

an astringent?

#8 nipungyo

nipungyo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

Why are you people so sarcastic and rude? Just offer advice or stay out of the effing post.

ANYWAY, I have heard good things about tea tree oil, and ice is good for inflamation.

#9 Intoxifornication

Intoxifornication

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 48
About Me

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

Who's being rude?

#10 Kriszti

Kriszti

It's not easy being green.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

I popped a big one yesterday (well, it broke open on its own and I helped it along afterwards. eusa_sick.gif ) I put witch hazel on it for a bit afterwards and now just using the regimen products on it. I'm also not putting make-up on the affected area either.

#11 como

como

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

i was wondering what would help it heal. i popped a zit that was like, READY. like practically a little organ hanging out of my skin that i just popped off. what do i do to make it heal quicker?

#12 nipungyo

nipungyo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

Do you have any hydrogen peroxide? It will make it heal faster if you put something on it that kills the bacteria. You could also try icing it to keep the inflamation down.

#13 Sushi891

Sushi891

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

Whenever I do that, like yesterday when I ripped some of the outside skin of the pimple (oops), I immediately put BP on it. BP... I LOVE YOU.

#14 e_a_g_f

e_a_g_f

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

Aloe vera gel! Everytime I pop a pimple I apply some aloe vera gel to help reduce the redness and prevent scarring. Works every time.

#15 hillyhazy

hillyhazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

i prefer tea tree oil(i hav jus finished my tea tree oil so m applyin BP) both of them dries the pimple quickly... its better to put tea tree oil cuz it never leaves u vid marks.. Good Luck smile.gif

#16 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Do not use hydrogen peroxide.

The following is copied and pasted from the last link in my signature.

This question comes up so frequently.

Here’s what to do when you’ve messed with a pimple and it looks horribly swollen, red and painful now.
Keep in mind that the treatment may also prevent an incipient cyst from getting worse.
The treatment may also help prevent Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) or ‘red marks’.

Basic recommendations:
Apply ice.
Take ibuprofen or naproxen sodium.
Do not mess with the lesion anymore AT all.
Antibiotic cream/ointment and a band aid for night.

Detailed explanation and rationale:
Ice how-to:
Wrap an ice cube in a thin cloth towel or paper towel so the ice doesn't directly touch your skin. Some recommend freezing a bunch of water-filled little paper Dixie cups in the freezer. The thin paper cups make it convenient to hold and apply ice to the lesions. That’s a great idea from Laura, the esthetician that Willow569 goes to.

Hold the ice to the lesion for one minute or so on, five minutes or so off. Repeat as often as necessary throughout the first 24 hours, but not to the point that your skin turns pale or feels uncomfortable. The ice will reduce the swelling and the pain and the redness. The ice may also limit the development of post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, PIH, or ‘red marks’.

Anti-Inflammatory how-to:
Ibuprofen and naproxen sodium are anti-inflammatories. Inflammation is redness, swelling, pain. One or the other medication will help reduce the inflammation of any type of infection and may also help with pain. Use only as directed on the package, pick one or the other, and don’t use for longer than directed. Of course, don’t use one if you’re allergic to it!

If your doctor has ordered an antibiotic due to the inflamed lesion(s), continue to take the antibiotic as ordered. You may still take an anti-inflammatory for pain and swelling. The antibiotic is for the infection (bacteria) and the anti-inflammatory is for the pain, redness, and swelling.

Topical antibiotic cream/ointment and band aid how-to:
(Neosporin, Polysporin, Bacitracin, etc. I use Polysporin more often.)
Apply a dab of antibiotic cream/ointment to a small band aid (this prevents contamination of the tube provided the bandaid is sterile and you’ve not touched the pad part with your fingers or anything else).

Put the band aid on the lesion. Leave on overnight. You don't have to do this step, but it provides an extra measure of infection-control and just feels better, too.

The antibiotic cream/ointment may help prevent indented scarring.

There you go. Good luck! biggrin.gif

#17 howling bells

howling bells

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

wynne can i ask, does the antibiotic cream have the same effect as bp would, ie they are both two ways of killing off bacteria left in the pore? is that the point of applying it? ive been using bp due to this way of thinking but i think it using sudocream (a uk antibacterial thing which i think is just like neosporin) may be gentler

#18 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

The antibiotic cream/ointment is also moisturizing and maintains a wound's hydration and also forms a protective barrier. BP can't do all that, yet it is a good antibacterial agent.

#19 Kohkane

Kohkane

Is good for you.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

Would Tea tree Oil be a good replacement for the antibiotic cream/ointment?

#20 starablaze

starablaze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

Try Neutrogena skin aid...

Neutrogena® skin aid is where skin care meets first aid. Reach for this incredibly convenient, all-in-one skin recovery ointment that helps treat multiple conditions on contact. Whether it's pain, itch, minor cuts and scrapes, minor burns, irritation and redness, chapping, insect bites, sunburn or more, skin aid is a unique product that works effectively on a variety of minor skin emergencies.

Dermatologist tested, skin aid not only treats skin conditions on contact, but also contains ingredients that improve the health of skin as it heals. Glycerin, clinically proven as to be a critical ingredient for skin repair, lets injured skin get healthier, faster. Allantoin and hyaluronic acid are skin soothers that restore skin health while pramoxine hydrochloride assists in relieving pain.

For a first aid kit in a tube, skin aid treats, soothes and protects your skin as it heals.

#
Dermatologist tested
#
Available in .75 oz and 1.5 oz