Photo

Accutane & Erectile Dysfunction (GUYS READ THIS!)

52 replies to this topic

#41 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

See dr. Crisler's website! Google all things male accutane! Also, there are a few members on acne.org. Pm maybe Dubya you can find his profile in long term suffers thread.

#42 Chrissy Cambell

Chrissy Cambell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

I was on accutane when I was 19, now im 26 and I am as horny and filthy as I was when I was 19.

#43 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Good for you, but not for those who have been basically castrated by accutane aka chemotherapy!

#44 sesvcl

sesvcl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

I hope I get less libido..

#45 aussie1213

aussie1213

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

has anyone ever tried a penile implant?

#46 Crank92

Crank92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Took (Ro)Accutane. 10 days 20mg once per day. Sides - Severe emotional blunting, Severe fatigue, IBS, Sexual Dysfunction.

I've recovered fully I believe from the emotional blunting and fatigue. The gastric issues are continuing to improve with the SCD diet. The sexual dysfunction and associated ED is improved with cannabis therapy (read from page 200 onwards for plausible biological mechanisms). The genital numbness persists, for now.

I still plan on doing an extended fast for the purported benefits.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

has anyone ever tried a penile implant?

Nope, but I fear that may be where I'm headed. Depressing as f**k.

I know you've already gone into detail - but can you achieve an erection at all like 10/20/40% without any meds, just want to compare?

Cheers,

Crank

#47 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

Hallo,
I had an ED & low sex drive after 2 months / 40mg of accutane. Definition of my ED is the connection between me and my penis was completely lost. It happened overnight and I immediately stopped the drug.
Now it all got back to normal after 2 weeks without accutane. I was thinking it was over, but guys this effect may not be permanent. What I did; lots of water in this 2 week, hard sport, and sauna. And no alcohol, I think there is a connection between.

#48 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

An update: second crash and worse:(

#49 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Get in touch with Dubya and have you seen a doctor to have some hormones tested? Also see Dr. Crisler site all things male Accutane forum!

#50 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hi, yes hormones seem to be normal. Tomorrow I will have the second test. Thank you.

#51 Babis

Babis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Some people here say there needs to be some scientific backing in these claims. Here they are:

One hundred and twenty cases of enduring sexual dysfunction following treatment [isotretinoin, finasteride, SSRI]

The International Journal of Risk and Safety in Medicine, Volume 26, Number 2 / 2014, Pages 109-116

http://iospress.meta...2b64b60354&pi=7

Abstract: There have been reports for over a decade linking serotonin reuptake inhibitors, finasteride and isotretinoin with enduring sexual dysfunction after treatment stops. OBJECTIVE: To explore the clinical pictures linked to all 3 drugs. METHODS: We have selected 120 reports to RxISK.org reporting the problem and mined these for data on age, gender, drug of use, and impact of the problem. RESULTS: The data make it clear that the three drugs show extensive overlap in symptom profile, regardless of sex or country of origin. CONCLUSIONS: The availability of 120 reports from over 20 countries add to the case for the validity of the syndrome. This is severe and enduring condition can result in death. An understanding of its physiology and an approach to treatment are needed.

By the way, after 4 years of workup and every endocrinology test available, my official diagnosis is hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and subfertility secondary to partial hypothalamic insufficiency, due to isotretinoin treatment. I hope this helps other people with problems: find a good reproductive endocrinologist (don't go to a generic endocrinologist, they are clueless) and get your hypothalamic function tested.

#52 Dubya_B

Dubya_B

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

By the way, after 4 years of workup and every endocrinology test available, my official diagnosis is hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and subfertility secondary to partial hypothalamic insufficiency, due to isotretinoin treatment. I hope this helps other people with problems: find a good reproductive endocrinologist (don't go to a generic endocrinologist, they are clueless) and get your hypothalamic function tested.

Great to hear you finally have a fitting diagnosis after going through so much trouble!

Did your doctors directly report isotretinoin's involvement in your fertility and hormone problems to your country's regulatory agency?

Edited by Dubya_B, 16 June 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#53 Babis

Babis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Dubya, the doctors offered to report it but they couldn't, because I took accutane in the US, but was diagnosed by them in Europe. (There were several hormone stimulation tests that are standard in European endocrinology, that US endocrinologists did not perform or know; as a result several diagnoses were missed).

Edited by Babis, 06 July 2014 - 12:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users