Photo
- - - - -

How to get rid of back acne scars?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 phazeone

phazeone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

I've had back acne for 2 years now. I've got the acne under control for 6-8 months now by using products which contain salicylic acid. However, my back is clustered with acne scars. Are there any products out there that which will aid on removing those scars?

Thank you!

#2 xxxxx

xxxxx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

I'm copying and pasting this reply to another thread, but same problem:

I have a similar problem. I don't break out much and its alyways my upper and mid-back. But one pimple from two years ago...and the scar is still fresh on my skin! I hate it. My face isn't like that. I'll have a pimple and the scar will go away within a couple of months. So anyway, despite the fact that I don't break out much on my back, because of the scarring...it looks horrendous. So my problem with my back has always been the scars...not so much acne.

OK, let me give you a little background. I've always had back acne scars throughout my teens, and I'm 25 still struggling with them. Oh yeah, and I have follicutis (sp?) on my arms too. Last month, I decided that I'm going to get rid of them once and for all. So I've been using Head and Shoulders on my arms, and that has worked out wonderfully. Hopefully whatever yeast, bacteria, or fungus was living on my arm doesn't develop immunity to it. But anyway, it has worked great. However, just like my back, I'm left with scars.

I started using TCA peels on my back...BIG mistake. I'm Asian too, and according to research, Asian skin has tendency to become hyperpigmented when burned...in other words, TURNS DARK. So yeah, that's what happened to me. Imagine how hideous my back was...not only did I have scars but on top of that, I had these HIDEOUS dark marks. I didn't fret though, I continued to try and find what could work.

Meanwhile my aunt was telling me about this great product that lightened up her melasma. I never really took this product seriously because my mom tries to get me to use weird products from abroad all the time, and its never worked. I brushed this off as one of THOSE products. But my aunt used to have noticeably dark patches of skin on her face and miraculously they were GONE. I've never seen her face so clear before, and being that my prior regiment didn't work, I just HAD to give it a shot. I am SO glad I did.

It's been about a week and a half, and 95% of those dark marks from the TCA peels are GONE. My acne scars have lightened up significantly and I think if I continue this, in about a month or so, I'll finally be able to wear shirts/bathing suits with my hair tied up for the first time since I was like 11 or something. That would be a dream come true for me, and so far it seems that it might be possible if this product continues to work well....

It's called Monsepa Express Peeling Cream and literally...it's a miracle. You're supposed to use it only at night, but I also use it in the morning as long as I know that I will keep my back and arms covered from sun exposure during the day. It DOES peel the scar right off, but it doesn't hurt, sting, or burn like normal peels.

***UPDATE: It's been over two weeks now and I'm almost able to wear those shirts I've always been wanting to wear... those thin strap shirts. WOW! In about a month, with this consistent improvement, I'll be able to wear tube tops. FYI, I'm 25 year old female, and I've NEVER been able to wear shirts like that all throughout my teeens and 20's. After two weeks of this stuff, this is the clearest I've ever seen my back.

#3 pinkpanther32

pinkpanther32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

j

Edited by pinkpanther32, 29 April 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#4 Homer0001

Homer0001

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

Would this do anything for raised scars with that peeling effect?

#5 BlueLiquid

BlueLiquid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

I am also facing this same issue as phazeone, probably much much more worse because it's like with me for approx. 12 to 13 years. Plus I have uncontrollably itchy fingers!!!

I'm giving a try on H&S this evening -- will take note of xxxxx's feedback since I am an Asian too.

I wonder where can I get this product: "Monsepa Express Peeling Cream" and could you share more information and how it works please?

Thanks heaps!

#6 dM.

dM.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

xxxxx, can you tell me where you got the Monsepa Express Peeling Cream?
I've had bad acne for over four years now, and i'm still just a teenager :\ . Most of it is clearing up, but the scars still remain. I'm asian too, so I feel that this might work --since nothing else does. Help me please?

#7 pumpkin21

pumpkin21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (dM. @ Jul 10 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
xxxxx, can you tell me where you got the Monsepa Express Peeling Cream?
I've had bad acne for over four years now, and i'm still just a teenager :\ . Most of it is clearing up, but the scars still remain. I'm asian too, so I feel that this might work --since nothing else does. Help me please?

go on ebay and it is there. i am trying it on and off have seen some improvements where my skin is slightly darker but not really on the dark scars. will continue using it though as it may take longer

#8 beautymaker

beautymaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:03 AM

I got my monsepa cream from usacosmetics.net. They also sell for 12 for $20 each, pretty nice site and Fast Shipping as well smile.gif

#9 supertommy

supertommy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

they sell at this site:

feiyacosmetics.com/p-88-monsepa-express-peeling-cream.aspx

I have not tried it but, that's what I googled. I was actually curious to see what it was made of and it says the ingredients are:

Natural Pearl, Vitamin C, Natural Fruit Acids.

The description claims:

Monsepa Express Peeling Cream works to whiten skin complexion by exfoliating dark pigmented skin cells. Exposing new skin brings a feeling of freshness and youth. It is formulated to remove even the deepest types of freckles, dark spots, wrinkles and yellow spots.

SO, my guess is that the natural pearl (whatever that is) is the exfoliating agent and vitamin C is supposed to be the only thing that really causes the skin to build new collagen. don't know what the fruit acids are for.

Edited by supertommy, 27 December 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#10 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:08 AM

if you eat papaya regularly try doing this with the seeds:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y9Da3JWRznI

Edited by Believe, 24 December 2010 - 06:09 AM.

#11 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

the monsepa cream seems to be a glycolic with vitammin c and pearl
"You're such a beautiful freak, I wish there were more just like you. You're not like all of the others, that is why I love you. Beautiful Freak, Beautiful Freak- that is why I love you."

building a personal bubble of support via my log: Jokerj's Hopeful Log

#12 roxy3033

roxy3033

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

I am half irish and half mexican, so i have somewhat dark skin and i was wondering if anyone knows if this product, monsepa, will work for me or will whiten my darkish skin?

#13 cob2048

cob2048

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

I am going to try this peeing cream as well. I have acne on my back under control most of the time, just have scars from over the years.

What does everyone wash their back with? I need something to use daily that can keep it looking good and still not break out from...