pimple pimples zit zits pop aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark

2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkS.

MarkS.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

hey guys. I'm a newbie here, on the other hand, i'd been reading posts here for about 3 months now. Well, 3mo ago is when I started breaking out really bad. The last major break out i had was 2 years ago. And I was pretty much clear w/ popping 1-3zits once in a while. my skin was almost perfect, all the scars had faded, blah, blah, blah. now, i back to zero!!!. My breakout had slowed down on the other hand so that's a reliefe. In the left side of check I have 2 pimples w/ lots or red marks. On the right side, i thinks there's is about 5 w/ much more red marks and scars. sigh!

But here's the things, The pimples are really healing very slow for some reason. some of them have been there for two weeks?? I don't know y?? I started using the neosporin thing (equate brand, i'm a nurse so I usually go w/ generics, lol). It works really good on some of them, but the others just takes too long to heal.

Here are the things that I have use in the last 3 mon.
Mama lotion - still using it almost everyday. I think I'll start using it 2x weekly. I peel alot and I really don't want to exfoliate everday since my skin is still sensitive w/ the non healing pimples I've got.

Olay Definity - I really like this. I peel so when I put it on and it dries, you can't see no peeling at all. makes your skin really soft.

Neutrogena Hydrating Gel (salicylic 2%): really good product guys. very thin consistency and doesnt dry out skin.

Proactiv - just recently cancelled my subscription. Awful. Cleanser/Toner made me breakout. BP gel too drying.

Xposed - bad choice. stop using it.

Nandidola - i just bought these 2 days ago. hope it will help face the scars.

Nature's cure - don't know but doesn't seem to work. I use the BP gel for spot treatment once in a while. its ok!

Equate (neosporin): only if the pimple pop.

Cetaphil Cleanser - ok. I used it everday. I'm prolly going to change once it's gone. I really like the Nivea For Men soap free wash before. I'll prolly change back.

I don't use BP no more in my entire face. only as spot treatment once in a while. It makes my skin really irritated and red. I settled w/ salicylic acid..ehehhe.

I also controlled my habitual picking agenda..hahah. I still do, but very very seldom. Yehey for me.

I really want to go to dermatogist but I don't have insurance. I'm a graduate nurse and my insurance coverage doesnt start until July.

24M
mild-moderate acne

Sotret ---- 30mg twice daily

#2 jdruler

jdruler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (MarkS. @ May 28 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey guys. I'm a newbie here, on the other hand, i'd been reading posts here for about 3 months now. Well, 3mo ago is when I started breaking out really bad. The last major break out i had was 2 years ago. And I was pretty much clear w/ popping 1-3zits once in a while. my skin was almost perfect, all the scars had faded, blah, blah, blah. now, i back to zero!!!. My breakout had slowed down on the other hand so that's a reliefe. In the left side of check I have 2 pimples w/ lots or red marks. On the right side, i thinks there's is about 5 w/ much more red marks and scars. sigh!

But here's the things, The pimples are really healing very slow for some reason. some of them have been there for two weeks?? I don't know y?? I started using the neosporin thing (equate brand, i'm a nurse so I usually go w/ generics, lol). It works really good on some of them, but the others just takes too long to heal.

Here are the things that I have use in the last 3 mon.
Mama lotion - still using it almost everyday. I think I'll start using it 2x weekly. I peel alot and I really don't want to exfoliate everday since my skin is still sensitive w/ the non healing pimples I've got.

Olay Definity - I really like this. I peel so when I put it on and it dries, you can't see no peeling at all. makes your skin really soft.

Neutrogena Hydrating Gel (salicylic 2%): really good product guys. very thin consistency and doesnt dry out skin.

Proactiv - just recently cancelled my subscription. Awful. Cleanser/Toner made me breakout. BP gel too drying.

Xposed - bad choice. stop using it.

Nandidola - i just bought these 2 days ago. hope it will help face the scars.

Nature's cure - don't know but doesn't seem to work. I use the BP gel for spot treatment once in a while. its ok!

Equate (neosporin): only if the pimple pop.

Cetaphil Cleanser - ok. I used it everday. I'm prolly going to change once it's gone. I really like the Nivea For Men soap free wash before. I'll prolly change back.

I don't use BP no more in my entire face. only as spot treatment once in a while. It makes my skin really irritated and red. I settled w/ salicylic acid..ehehhe.

I also controlled my habitual picking agenda..hahah. I still do, but very very seldom. Yehey for me.

I really want to go to dermatogist but I don't have insurance. I'm a graduate nurse and my insurance coverage doesnt start until July.

I have the same exact problem. Some of my pimples just sit there for weeks. Any advice would be appreciated.
Accutane log (August 2008-June 2009)

My 25% TCA peel log
(March 2010)

#3 supercoolasianguy

supercoolasianguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

mandelic acid actually heals your skin faster, at least for me and quite a few others around here. Its also anti inflmmatory so it clams your active pimples down.

After you use your mama lotion, you could wait like 30 minutes before applying neosporin as spot treatment if you like.

Taking 50mg of zinc per day also provides your body with extra healing power.

For me, BP makes my marks heal slower, so ive stopped using BP for a few months now, ive switched to TTO (tea tree oil) as its anti fungal and anti bacterial, works very well. I suggest laying off the BP if you want the marks to heal faster.

It looks like your using many topicals, which i dont recommend. Exfoliants are ok though. Its amazing how your body can take care of itself if you let it. Saturating it with too much stuff just gets in the way of the normal healing process.

I used to be just like you, i would get a small pimple and the red mark would stay there for weeks after the pimple is gone, so i know how you guys feel.

Anyways, recap: (and this is MY suggestion that has worked for me as my marks heal within 2-3 days if not overnight)
1. resist stacking all those topicals on your face
2. take some supplements like zinc (you can find more info about other supplements in the holistic fourms)
3. Be patient, dont expect radical change overnight, there is no magic bullet for acne, especially PIH.
My log - Started on 5/12/08
QUOTING FOR TRUTH:

"The cure to acne:

Stop looking for magic pills.

Take responsibility for your health. Get balanced mentally and eat a healthy diet, preferably RAW. (veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts and legumes)

Get out and exercise.

All these things in your body are interlinked."

-WantToBeFree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users