Photo

Deep meditation for Acne and other skin problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#21 Jay S1

Jay S1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (strawberries @ Jun 19 2008, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JNjaB0DoA_g
might wanna give this a try

Wow this is great. Thanks a lot for that.
I was actually a bit intrigued at first of the voice, i thought this might be one of those immature videos where some scary noise and image appears in a few minutes lol
but it is amazing what the mind can do.
Starting this today
Over the years of having troubled skin, then being clear for a while, I realized... just because I achieved something, it does not make the world different. The suffering was all in my head. Nothing will change unless you change yourself. With imperfections or not. Pain is inevitable, but suffering is a choice. If you figure this out, you will achieve eternal happiness.
So why not decide to be happy right now? Life and happiness are one, they are a journey, not a destination. "There is no way to happiness - Happiness is the way".

Study nutrition, do some periodic body cleansing (bowels, livers, kidney), eat healthy and avoid triggers = clear ;)

#22 holdontohope

holdontohope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Where'd you go, Yogibear7???

#23 RebeccaDeWinter

RebeccaDeWinter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Yogibear7 @ May 27 2008, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello! I just wanted to mention that i cured my skin problems. Not with some fancy expensive product. Just by learning to relax deeply and go inside. And once there deep within i strongly imagine how i want my skin to look. Law of attraction is popular now thanks to Oprah. It´s probably the same thing. I was told by someone i trust that what we perceive as reality out there, which of course include our body is a result of our beliefs deep deep within. Both as an individual and group. There may be more to it than that but i know it really really works.

My skin used to look terrible. Red, big pores and scars. Once i threw out my mirrors because i got depressed from what i saw.
I started to meditate about 6 years ago. Had real problems first. To concentrate on something. The breath, inner sound or something else. Now it´s become a habit and i can go very deep within just almost by wanting to.

My skin is now how i want it to be. I have a picture in my mind of how i want it to look. The color and texture. I used a model photo to decide. It looks like that now and it´s not some self deception. It´s very real. The scars are gone, no big pores and the color is perfect.

It can be tough to learn how to go within because we stay at the surface most of the time. And when we sleep we lose consciousness. But the more you practise the faster you get there. Make it a habit.

Ok..Just wanted to tell you what worked for me.

Good luck everyone

Sorry, but that's utterly quacky. Meditation is not going to rid you of acne. It's probably the fact that you were less stressed or you grew out of it (6 years?)

My skin is clear for the most part. I do have some blackheads and I also break out a bit along my jawline. It's definitely not perfect, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm resigned to the slight problem I have with blackheads, but I would like to see less on the jawline (probably hormonal?). My skin is very pale and my pimples leave little red marks that last quite a while, so it can look like I have more pimples than I actually do (which is frustrating).

#24 RebeccaDeWinter

RebeccaDeWinter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (RebeccaDeWinter @ Jun 21 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello! I just wanted to mention that i cured my skin problems. Not with some fancy expensive product. Just by learning to relax deeply and go inside. And once there deep within i strongly imagine how i want my skin to look. Law of attraction is popular now thanks to Oprah. It´s probably the same thing. I was told by someone i trust that what we perceive as reality out there, which of course include our body is a result of our beliefs deep deep within. Both as an individual and group. There may be more to it than that but i know it really really works.

My skin used to look terrible. Red, big pores and scars. Once i threw out my mirrors because i got depressed from what i saw.
I started to meditate about 6 years ago. Had real problems first. To concentrate on something. The breath, inner sound or something else. Now it´s become a habit and i can go very deep within just almost by wanting to.

My skin is now how i want it to be. I have a picture in my mind of how i want it to look. The color and texture. I used a model photo to decide. It looks like that now and it´s not some self deception. It´s very real. The scars are gone, no big pores and the color is perfect.

It can be tough to learn how to go within because we stay at the surface most of the time. And when we sleep we lose consciousness. But the more you practise the faster you get there. Make it a habit.

Good luck everyone

Sorry, but that's utterly quacky. Meditation is not going to rid you of acne. It's probably the fact that you were less stressed or you grew out of it (6 years?) Well quacky isn't the right word, maybe nonsensical?

My skin is clear for the most part. I do have some blackheads and I also break out a bit along my jawline. It's definitely not perfect, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm resigned to the slight problem I have with blackheads, but I would like to see less on the jawline (probably hormonal?). My skin is very pale and my pimples leave little red marks that last quite a while, so it can look like I have more pimples than I actually do (which is frustrating).

#25 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

yea this has been an on and off thing for me. i think my main problem is that my self image is so fucked and ive been like this for so long that i actually cant visualize my skin fully clear. i actually struggle with it in my head. maybe that thing with a model picture will work

#26 Jay S1

Jay S1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Bobby Digital @ Jun 21 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea this has been an on and off thing for me. i think my main problem is that my self image is so fucked and ive been like this for so long that i actually cant visualize my skin fully clear. i actually struggle with it in my head. maybe that thing with a model picture will work

Try the "healing meditation"
I truly believe that our minds can heal our bodies.

QUOTE (http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_03-09-2008/2Thoughts_Can_Heal)
Our thoughts can make us sick, and they can help us get well. That may seem like New Age thinking, but medical research increasingly supports the role played by the mind in physical health.

The mind affects our reality.
Over the years of having troubled skin, then being clear for a while, I realized... just because I achieved something, it does not make the world different. The suffering was all in my head. Nothing will change unless you change yourself. With imperfections or not. Pain is inevitable, but suffering is a choice. If you figure this out, you will achieve eternal happiness.
So why not decide to be happy right now? Life and happiness are one, they are a journey, not a destination. "There is no way to happiness - Happiness is the way".

Study nutrition, do some periodic body cleansing (bowels, livers, kidney), eat healthy and avoid triggers = clear ;)

#27 Jay S1

Jay S1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (holdontohope @ Jun 17 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3.) Sai Baba: Hindu man who has, for the last 50 years materialized ornate and costly pieces of jewelry, candy, ash, grains of rice with intricately-detailed paintings out of seemingly thin air. He is able to produce objects upon request and has also been seen "bi-locating" -- snapping his fingers, disappearing, then reappearing 100 yards away. There are

Don't just believe what your eye sees. Do you go to a magic show and truly believe the magicians are performing "magic"?

http://www.rationalr...nse_squad/10476

Do a simple research, and you can see he was just a magician.
It's sad how easily people are deceived. He had about 100 million people fooled

I do believe in the power of the mind. But materializing items through the mind? I don't think so.

#28 Baylee

Baylee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

Also another way to practice while meditating, is to ask your higher power to do it for you, to locate the problem within your body and ask for it to be fixed. Then visualize the inside of your body as a bright white light that's flushing all the negative out (picture it red or blue or whatever) and always say 'Thank you' when you're done.

I read something interesting last week and I think I'm going to start doing it. When you ask for help (not like out loud..lol, but while meditating or quietly alone, you will be answered, it's the universal law.

#29 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (jaymovez @ Jun 21 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i dont disagree at all i've just been struggling with that part of it.

im glad to see there are some other people that have knowledge of this, its really changed my life for the better since i started and im only gonna get better at it. its something people really need to open up to because im starting to think that the mind and positivity is the most powerful thing in the universe. and its very empowering when you realize you can use it, and anyone can do it.

#30 Jay S1

Jay S1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Bobby Digital @ Jun 23 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah i dont disagree at all i've just been struggling with that part of it.

im glad to see there are some other people that have knowledge of this, its really changed my life for the better since i started and im only gonna get better at it. its something people really need to open up to because im starting to think that the mind and positivity is the most powerful thing in the universe. and its very empowering when you realize you can use it, and anyone can do it.

I'm actually having a hard time imagining myself clear as well. But in photos you can't see my acne, but in the mirror you can clearly see the red spots. What I do is look at a clear faced picture right before I start imagining myself, or look at a reflection of myself in a dark glass so you don't really see any acne.
But I dont think this is a simple cure to acne. I think it's a long-term benefit to having positive action and less stress because you can really try to believe you will be clear soon. And you actually will be clear one day anyways.
I dont think this can replace eating healthy though. Maybe you can truly believe your body has the nutrients it needs, but I dont think it can actually materialize those nutrients and vitamins.

#31 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

actually another idea I had which I think would help even more than looking at a model picture or whatever is to get a picture of yourself and photoshop it so you can actually look at yourself clear it should be way easier to visualize. like you said pictures usually look better already...just blur that shit up a little and it should look fine.

i dont think it can be a full cure but i think its an essential ingredient and no one really knows how powerful the mind can be. a lot of people on here have the problem of trying diets & such but having no positive mindset to go with it so they fail. it is essential that you have a positive, focused, healing mindset when pursuing your cure and i will go as far as to say its ever more important than any dietary changes because a perfect diet with a negative mindset is going to accomplish nothing. the body follows the mind.

#32 Marrakech

Marrakech

The first wealth is health.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

I think this is by far the most appropriate approach to healing acne. Not saying that right diet isn't good, but as long as you have the right intentions ( Like Dr.Wayne Dyer would say), to be HEALTHY and WHOLE, and have your inside match your outside, then I think anything is possible. But if the intention to get clear so that you can show off and party more, or so you can feel that you are better than someone, then it might not work. I think having right intentions, even if they lead us to making a mistake, is more important. smile.gif

A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ.

- John Steinbeck

#33 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (RebeccaDeWinter @ Jun 21 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck everyone

Sorry, but that's utterly quacky. Meditation is not going to rid you of acne. It's probably the fact that you were less stressed or you grew out of it (6 years?)

ill have to say it has helped mine at one point, what is has done was calm my anxiety as i forgotton how to do that conciously.

also look into psychoneuroimmunology as our minds are connected to our immune system this includes the inflammatory response and is why im now saying happiness is healthiness, mediatation is only part of this phenomenon, i do believe beliefs play a big role as well as negative beliefs can affect your mood and depress your immune system.

#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#34 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

bump because its one of the most important things on here

#35 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:27 PM

didnt think this one would come back, so ill add some recent info ive come across.

apparently when we begin to feel any stress our bodys start to burn amino acids for fuel(fight or flight), this is why people will get depressed from prolonged stress because the amino acids that are needed for neurochemicals ex. the pathway from tryptophan, 5 htp, serotonin, melatonin pathway, tryptophan gets burned up so no serotonin gets made, you become depressed and since me;atonin is made from serotonin this leads to insomnia.

bottom line is, pay attention to your emotions and learn to manage them well, and how they relate to the environment you are in, and how you PERCIEVE your environment with forming rational beliefs and calculations about the world. Fight or flight response can be triggered by an actual threat or a made up threat, thats up to you to figure out whats really a threat or not, if you believe its athreat you will respond as such, whether the belief is true to reality or not.

But meditation is about clearing everything off of your mind and inducing a state of relaxation, and when you become relaxed, safe and secure there are no threats, so no fight or flight. but you dont have to necessarily meditate to achieve this, but its a helpful to control your ability to become focused and relaxed as it compliments your entire health. But perhaps a better approach is to actually reslove what you are stressed out about and improve your perceptions or change your environment.

i remember reading a study that found low glutathione levels in people with acne, which is one of the bodys most powerful antioxidants, glutathione is derived from the amino acid cysteine so im wondering if stress could mess with neurotransmitters which lead to depression and insomnia, could it also be affecting the cysteine, glutathione pathway?? also the genes that contribute to acne theoretically can be reversed with nac, which boosts glutathione, perhaps this is a link in which stress could lead to acne, the specific gene is nf-kappa b which is also linked to other diseases, and i read that stress is supposed to be the main contributer to 75% of all diseases, of course thats just some statistic i read on some site. stress burns up cystiene and lowers the bodys glutathione, which initiates nf-kappa b, hypothetically of course.
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#36 pintsize7

pintsize7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 41
About Me

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Yogibear7 @ May 27 2008, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck everyone

thats a great story. the power of the mind is incredible

any one can meditate you just have to practice. like everything else in life. there isent a specific way toward obtaining your goals

buyer beware, esp with the non proven new age stuff. by that i mean new techniques which havent been tested or proven itself to be effective. no need to drop a mint on relaxing

oh ya and that indian swami man that 50 years materialization stuff

http://video.google....kFpiErAL1ybzkCg

whole bbc special hes a fruad
How do we know whether matter comes first or consciousness comes first?
You have to figure out which way is logical.
Can matter, can dumb mud over time boot strap itself into consciousness, awareness and intelligence or not?
Can consciousness on the high end where you have the intelligence, the life, the mental action, can that transform it self in to a material world?
You can build a more internally consistent universe by starting with consciousness then with dumb mud over time boot strapping itself into a consciousness model.~ Elizabet Sahtouris

#37 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (AutonomousOne1980 @ Jun 29 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
didnt think this one would come back, so ill add some recent info ive come across.

apparently when we begin to feel any stress our bodys start to burn amino acids for fuel(fight or flight), this is why people will get depressed from prolonged stress because the amino acids that are needed for neurochemicals ex. the pathway from tryptophan, 5 htp, serotonin, melatonin pathway, tryptophan gets burned up so no serotonin gets made, you become depressed and since me;atonin is made from serotonin this leads to insomnia.

bottom line is, pay attention to your emotions and learn to manage them well, and how they relate to the environment you are in, and how you PERCIEVE your environment with forming rational beliefs and calculations about the world. Fight or flight response can be triggered by an actual threat or a made up threat, thats up to you to figure out whats really a threat or not, if you believe its athreat you will respond as such, whether the belief is true to reality or not.

But meditation is about clearing everything off of your mind and inducing a state of relaxation, and when you become relaxed, safe and secure there are no threats, so no fight or flight. but you dont have to necessarily meditate to achieve this, but its a helpful to control your ability to become focused and relaxed as it compliments your entire health. But perhaps a better approach is to actually reslove what you are stressed out about and improve your perceptions or change your environment.

i remember reading a study that found low glutathione levels in people with acne, which is one of the bodys most powerful antioxidants, glutathione is derived from the amino acid cysteine so im wondering if stress could mess with neurotransmitters which lead to depression and insomnia, could it also be affecting the cysteine, glutathione pathway?? also the genes that contribute to acne theoretically can be reversed with nac, which boosts glutathione, perhaps this is a link in which stress could lead to acne, the specific gene is nf-kappa b which is also linked to other diseases, and i read that stress is supposed to be the main contributer to 75% of all diseases, of course thats just some statistic i read on some site. stress burns up cystiene and lowers the bodys glutathione, which initiates nf-kappa b, hypothetically of course.

very good info. its entirely possible that stress is a root cause for many peoples acne, its just hard for many to look back and realize what the original stressor. Whether theres an original stressor as the cause, or a dietary issue(which could be caused by stress anyways???) it is aggravated and made more severe by the stress that develops from having acne.

#38 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Bobby Digital @ Jun 30 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AutonomousOne1980 @ Jun 29 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very good info. its entirely possible that stress is a root cause for many peoples acne, its just hard for many to look back and realize what the original stressor. Whether theres an original stressor as the cause, or a dietary issue(which could be caused by stress anyways???) it is aggravated and made more severe by the stress that develops from having acne.

people may have beliefs and habits that keep them in a stressful state, never really knowing how to deal with what they feel, just poor emotional adjustment. Or having a belief like life just gets more stressfull as you get older so from this framework they begin to accept there shitty emotions never looking for a solution to reslove them, hypothetically of course.

#39 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (jaymovez @ Jun 22 2008, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_03-09-2008/2Thoughts_Can_Heal)
Our thoughts can make us sick, and they can help us get well. That may seem like New Age thinking, but medical research increasingly supports the role played by the mind in physical health.

The mind affects our reality.

yes ive been pondering the relationship between environment, perception,belief, thought and physiology for the last 8 months.

if you believe something to be true, your body responds physiologically in accordance with that thought or belief or that reality, regardless of whether it has any existence in reality or not, the quality of your perceptions and nature of the belief will have a corresponding effect on your physiology.

I also think thoughts and moods can be associated with environment, like if you go somewhere where youve had bad memories, and all of a sudden you remember things you didnt remember before and your mood changes drastically, and this is a result of conditioning, when you were in that environment you were in a certain mood constantly and had certain thoughts associated with that environment, your brain has linked the two as one and the same and recorded it subconciously its classical conditioning just like how every commercial on tv uses sex to sell, so that you associate the feeling of desire with their product and by pairing the two stimulus together over and over againyour mind will be conditioned to respond to that product in a similar way, so now i believe managing moods and changing thoughts many times require a change in environment.

So thoughts ideas and memories and beliefs that affect your mood, affect your physiology and therefore your health, get away from negative people and places, examine your beliefs for truthfullness, some beliefs(emotions of certainty) are so ingrained in your subconcious that they were apart of you for years and you are no longer aware of them, kind of like walking, its really not a process you are aware of anymore, or driving or riding a bike, some will take a while to uncover and question there validity and accuracy. But your physiology could be responding to these beliefs.

I say set goals and start believing without a doubt that you can achieve them everyday, believe that you can and are meant to live a life exactly as you wish, as god meant it to be, dont achieve anything for anyone else but yourself and get excited about your life this is the healthiest thought i think you can have. Have a willingness to believe in crazy possibilities.

#40 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (AutonomousOne1980 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people may have beliefs and habits that keep them in a stressful state, never really knowing how to deal with what they feel, just poor emotional adjustment. Or having a belief like life just gets more stressfull as you get older so from this framework they begin to accept there shitty emotions never looking for a solution to reslove them, hypothetically of course.

yeah i've seen many many examples of this.

Heres what I see as the big problem with all this...
For some reason, the idea of meditation as a means to heal, empower, and eliminate stress among other things is a foreign one. In fact, just the idea of meditation at all is goofy to a lot of people.
I think its perhaps because the mind is something intangible that it is taken for granted and the idea of expanding it and using it beyond a basic, primitive means is strange and completely foreign to many people.
I wish I could find a way to present the idea of meditation & such in a way that people would be much more open to it, but until then I feel like even the most desperate people would dismiss this thread just after reading the title. This genuinely bothers me because it is a natural gift we all have that we often dont tap in to, and it can be very empowering.

Beside that...
I agree with your thoughts. But to put it more simply, I believe many of us perhaps had original stressors as children, ones we often cant remember or didnt recognize as stress at the time(or even now) that either directly caused acne through some kind of inflammatory response or causing a dietary/nutritional issue indirectly. The exact cause probably isnt important, as its rooted in the stress. Then when we began to stress from the acne(we all know the millions of ways acne brings stress into our lives, i think sometimes we often take it for granted just how much stress it is...its immense...and incredibly unhealthy)and from there it got worse and worse. From this many more stresses and negative mindsets develop that often become like a jail cell for the mind. Once this becomes your reality it can be very hard to break out of or to even realize your in it. I think this is many peoples' developed problem...theyre so trapped in stress and negativity not only will they try just about anything as a solution, theyre probably doomed to failure because the poor state of their mind will not allow the body to improve. Its a package deal.

and i lost my train of thought