acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 94
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

yesterday i biked 8 miles total to a park and put this clear zinc stuff on my face as sunscreen. it was like putting glue on my face and of course i have broken out.
however the location is fishy. it's not on my forehead like where i put it or even on my cheeks. it is under my mouth and even one directly on my lower lip.

jeez.
i find it funny that over the years acne first started on my forehead, then nose, cheeks, sides, jawline and now lower chin!
it is like it is windshield wiping its way off my body lol.

i finally researched toothpaste and bought some SLS and flouride free. flouride isn't exactly good for you but i have read how SLS can give acne.
Toms of Maine Sensitive Care SLS-Free Antiplaque Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth, Wintermint - 4 Oz

i bought a new acne book online specifically for girls so i'll see if it has any good information on it.

#62 john1234

john1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

neat observation. Dr. Fulton suggests that acne is a fire that wipes across your face inward to outward. The "defective" pores get burned out and destroyed....

QUOTE (acnejean @ Sep 14 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yesterday i biked 8 miles total to a park and put this clear zinc stuff on my face as sunscreen. it was like putting glue on my face and of course i have broken out.
however the location is fishy. it's not on my forehead like where i put it or even on my cheeks. it is under my mouth and even one directly on my lower lip.

jeez.
i find it funny that over the years acne first started on my forehead, then nose, cheeks, sides, jawline and now lower chin!
it is like it is windshield wiping its way off my body lol.

i finally researched toothpaste and bought some SLS and flouride free. flouride isn't exactly good for you but i have read how SLS can give acne.
Toms of Maine Sensitive Care SLS-Free Antiplaque Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth, Wintermint - 4 Oz

i bought a new acne book online specifically for girls so i'll see if it has any good information on it.

#63 AlexGF

AlexGF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

LoL

same with me, at the age of 15 started on forehead, very very bad
then around 17 to just recently, cheeks
Now it's the jaw! I hope I can grow out of this shit once and for all!

Acne is disappearing... slowly

Regime: this regime has worked for me for the past month. Diet is nothig special; just avoid diary and sugary drinks/foods.. still eating lots of junk food like fries which doesnt' seem to affect me, have some fibre in the breakfast from berries and oats. Chicken, rice, bread, tuna, peppermint and green tea, cocoa, eggs, lost of baby carrots
THE KEY: Sunlight in the morning (15 to 30 mins), sleep at least 7 hrs a day
drink water whenever I can (aimin for 2 ltrs), wash my face with water morning and night
sexual activity only once every 10 days (til my skin recovers, then keep it moderate)
SUPPLEMENTS: MSM 1000 mg 3 times a day, Zinc 50 mg once a day, Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day

#64 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

Treating inflammation video:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OF8qEORfmk4

basically what the video is saying that arachidonic acid in omega 6's can cause direct inflammation and in the western diet the ratio between omega 3 and 6 are higher in 6.
therefore inflammation.

that shined a light on how i view it. i was eating a lot of eggs and that could be the reason i was breaking out again.

Food Sources of Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids
Include:

Omega-6 linoleic acid LA 18:2n-6 Corn, safflower, soybean, cottonseed, and sunflower oils
gamma-linolenic acid GLA 18:3n-6 Evening primrose oil, borage oil, and black current seed oil
arachidonic acid ARA 20:4n-6 Meat, poultry, and eggs

you know what sucks? i started taking evening primrose oil for i don't know how long but that could be the reason i am breaking out again. it's oddly placed by the sides of my lower lip.
it could be from sls and flouride in my toothpaste so i bought some online and should get it by next week.
i also bought a dove skin massaging thing. it was only 10 dollars so if it doesn't work well i wouldn't be losing a lot. there is a clearsonic device that should do the same but it's 200 dollars.
yikes.

i'm going to be cutting out eggs and all dairy. i was eating yogurt but that'll be gone.

i'm so confused on omega 6's.

#65 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

this actually popped into my head just now but i never realized how much my acne has changed over the years.
i didn't have to second guess wearing a spaghetti strap shirt to the store today because i used to have horrible cystic back acne which has left some pretty gnarly 3d scars. my hair covers them though so i don't care.

my skin is really dry since i have been using BP for the huge explosion i had by my mouth and sides of my chin.

my sls and flouride free toothpaste came in the mail so i hope it'll cut down the pimples by my mouth.

maybe it's the ice. maybe it's the vitamins. maybe it's the acne light.
but that explosion of 5 pimples on each side went away pretty fast.

i noticed how much sleep can do for your skin. i haven't been sleeping well at all and it showed in my face.

oh and now i take GNC hair and nails vitamins.
also now taking b12 too.
the only thing i wash my face with is the papaya soap.
the new lotion i will be trying is alba.

#66 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

I bought the clarisonic brush for $153 on ebay. It's normally priced at $195.
However, if you go to http://www.247coupon...clarisonic.html and use their coupon you get basically the same price [$156 with free shipping].

Summer is coming to an end. I wonder if acne.org will go up in members during the winter months since the sun won't be out as much!

I personally love October because of the weather, halloween and the candy >: ).
But I doubt I'll be spending Halloween eating mini snicker bars.
I have found many gluten free recipes like for brownies.

I don't think I have any actual pimple right now and it's all in the healing stages still. Lack of lotion really sucks. I hope Alba Aloe & Green Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer doesn't break me out.

#67 john1234

john1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

hey acnejean, did anyone in your family outgrow acne eventually?

#68 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (john1234 @ Sep 21 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey acnejean, did anyone in your family outgrow acne eventually?

my dad obviously did. i got it from his gene's.
the only sister i remember who got it bad is still dealing with it at age 25 and is considering accutane. but i think she has it under control now.

#69 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

i tried the clairsonic smile.gif

when i opened up the box and pressed the on button i was disappointed because the strength was so low...
then i read it had to be charged for 24 hours so that explained it. i kept on having problems even after i charged it for a day..
then i realized i was charging it backwards.
wow. haha.

it came with a sensitive head and 3 cleansers which i have read not to use because it has harmful ingredients for acne prone skin.

the only pimples i have are from the previous break out my the sides of my mouth. it came back which isn't surprising.

otherwise no pimples on my cheeks at all.

i did have some dairy from this ice cream i had a couple scoops of but i have noticed anything different in my skin.

i think i am going to keep it going with my gluten free diet because i don't want to risk it and plus it's stupid to buy expensive items like gluten free bread if i get things with wheat in it anyways.

in the end, clairsonic made my skin so soft but because i was without lotion for like a week it has gotten dry.
i finally got the alba lotion in the mail.

#70 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

my 25 year old sister told me her skin is breaking out. well lucky for her in october i think she's start accutane but on low doses which is less irritating and harmful.

i find it.. funny.. that if i try to talk to her about my acne she just brushes it off like i never said it and focuses on herself yet when she's the one with skin problems she comes running to me.
i always suggest vitamins that can help with her skin and even her pms problem.

she never listens to any of them obviously.
she is under stress and i don't know her diet but i know she's healthy because she's always exercising. i'm thinking she is eating a lot of dairy. she even has aspartame everyday in her water because she "cant" drink water plain.

i used to have that problem drinking water but i use straws and that oddly helps!

i have been somewhat slacking on my diet. i think i able to now. i mean i had sugar filled rocky road ice cream and don't have any large cystic acne.

oh and i'm icing a lot now, still using acne light, bp spot treatments, two baby aspirin a day, same vitamins [making zinc #1 priority], aloe gel, alba lotion [i wake up with this weird shine on my face so idk if i like it] and only using likas whitening soap.

#71 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

My skin is so good right now!
I haven't gotten cystic acne on my sides since I got rid of my cats. Coincidence? I don't really know.
Maybe it's vitamins finally kicking in? Or the gluten free diet?
I have started straying from my diet but haven't broken out.
[I do have a healing pimple by my mouth that I know was from not killing the other pimple fast enough therefore it spread].

http://i38.tinypic.com/makx81.png
http://i38.tinypic.com/s620cw.jpg
i look greasy but i just woke up.

After I woke up and washed the zinc cream off my face I was shocked at how clean my face felt and how clean it LOOKED!
The clairsonic brush helps with my back because I'm not bending over the entire time washing my face.
I don't think it really helped as much as I would like when it comes to black heads. I do notice that I am getting odd placed ones by my mouth but they don't bother me that much.

I rarely have to put on lotion though and no more of scrubbing my face with apricot scrubs smile.gif

I'm not sure if the red marks have faded. I will have to look over old photos.

Gluten free tortilla + Organic tomato sauce + Rice shred [imitation cheese] + Salmon = heaven.

#72 SpeciousHope

SpeciousHope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

I just got my Clarisonic too! Let's see how it works. I just ordered the pretika light therapy system from target. Clarisonic + Light therapy = clear skin? Hopefully. Good luck with your regimen! =)

Morning
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Aczone spot treatment somtimes

Cervae Facial PM Moisturizer
Juice Organic Sport SPF 30

Spring Valley - Super B-Complex

Make Up

Urband Decay Liquid Liner, Perversion
Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers SPF 15

Night

Remove makeup with Jojoba oil
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser with out Clarisonic or
Philosophy Purity + Use Clarisonic if it was heavy makeup

Green Tea toner
Tanda Anti Aging Light Therapy (sometimes)
Aczone,
Cervae Facial PM Moisturizer/ Jojoba oil depending on how my skin feels

Drink a cup of non caffeinated green tea

Spring Valley - Super B-Complex

New Regimen Updated 5.23.11 9.28.11 11.13.12  9/25/13

#73 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:23 AM

i'm rarely ever on this site as much as before but the people on here are HILARIOUS..

i just read a thread how someone believes a COMPUTER SCREEN causes acne.

there are threads for putting urine on your face, drinking your own urine, salt = lower sugar [dumbest and unhealthiest thread i've ever seen] and other crazy crap.

it's amazing to me how in one year i went from "diet has nothing to do with my acne!!! now i am going to go back to eating my pizza!" to not even touching anything that has been processed to death.
and behold i am clear.

98% of the time i was on this site i would check the holistic section because harsh chemicals are not my friends.

i'm bought kashi cereal which is not gluten free. i'm going to see if i see any difference. i'm clear right now. although i did get itty bitty pimples on my chin which started out as blackheads but they're gone.

#74 crevin

crevin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:16 AM

WOW, your skin is definitely making progress! Nice work!

#75 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (crevin @ Oct 15 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW, your skin is definitely making progress! Nice work!

thank you smile.gif.
====

on monday i am going to chicago to see my sister. last time i saw her was in june and my skin was pretty bad. i wonder if she'll notice how much better my skin is.
i have a pimple by my mouth but i think i'll be able to get it down a lot before i leave.
retin-a is working veryyy nicely on my blackheads for my nose. i'm surprised. when i used the cream in the past i would end up ALWAYS burned but then i read you shouldn't put it on right after washing your face. you should let it dry for 30 minutes.
so that helps.

#76 LIVEandLOVE

LIVEandLOVE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Can you explain in one post what, exactly, you think contributed to the clearing of your skin?

Becuase your improvement is incredible!

#77 LIVEandLOVE

LIVEandLOVE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

cool, thank you for replying!

also, you're just using one cleanser and that's it? i guess my question should really be, what are you using topically?

OH, and is gluten the same thing as wheat? how do i know what foods contain gluten?

#78 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

hmmm, i am still clear.
how weird. i haven't been able to take my vitamins for almost a week now and no new pimples.
i'm still going to keep gluten out of my diet as much as possible though since gluten is an inflammatory. if somehow i'm not allergic i would still look for gluten free items because it's most likely to have healthier things in it anyways then going back to my old diet.

i am a little weary about using eggs again. i bought some for a pumpkin pie i am going to try and make. also caramel apples and gluten free chocolate cake. smile.gif
i am thinking about getting my hyper pigmentation under control by lasers or something like that as in smoothbeam but i'm not sure.
i don't think mine are that bad once with makeup but it would help a lot even though i know they can fade in 6 months.
plus it isn't cheap and aren't many locations around here. so idk.

#79 shellydwaytobe

shellydwaytobe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (acnejean @ Oct 28 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm, i am still clear.
how weird. i haven't been able to take my vitamins for almost a week now and no new pimples.
i'm still going to keep gluten out of my diet as much as possible though since gluten is an inflammatory. if somehow i'm not allergic i would still look for gluten free items because it's most likely to have healthier things in it anyways then going back to my old diet.

i am a little weary about using eggs again. i bought some for a pumpkin pie i am going to try and make. also caramel apples and gluten free chocolate cake. smile.gif
i am thinking about getting my hyper pigmentation under control by lasers or something like that as in smoothbeam but i'm not sure.
i don't think mine are that bad once with makeup but it would help a lot even though i know they can fade in 6 months.
plus it isn't cheap and aren't many locations around here. so idk.

Do you think that acne light helped your skin? and what do you mean bare escentuals can give you cystic acne? I use to use that all the time, what foundation do you use now?

#80 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

dun dun dunnnn.
i got a pimple on my chin but i think it was because i had my blanket smack me in the face so much anything was going to pop up or because i have been slacking on birth control pill timing.
i am lost on what to do about my red marks. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users