762 replies to this topic

#41 Rob2686

Rob2686

Dan Kern Saves Lives. DKSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Awesome, so curry is good for you as well as delicious. I never knew that about turmeric, interesting.

And Rob, what the f#ck does someone's opinion of the Smashing Pumpkins have to do with consumerism, illusions of paradise, and Subway? At least try and make sense next time you're trying to trash someone for their hate of a band you love.

#42 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 94
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

it was so hard to deny birthday cake and pizza but when i was putting on my makeup i knew that i can't be straying from the diet.
the red spots on my face are getting less inflamed which is wonderful smile.gif even though i do have two pimples from hormones.

i did eat corn flakes so i hope i don't see any difference in my skin since corn is a pro inflammatory.

#43 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

i broke out.

but i am still happy : ).

retail therapy always works, ha. even though it was just grocery shopping which i really needed because i was so low on food i was just eating turkey burgers and maybe that is why i broke out.

i thought of all the reason i could have broken out:
-the dark chocolate [hurt my stomach so maybe it manifested to my face]
-the corn flakes [doubtful]
-the stress
-the lack of sleep
-cerave mosturizer [always seem to break out from that.. or so it feels like it]
-the lack of water and regular foods for the past couple of days
-hormones [most likely]
-accidentally touched my face [maybe for the above lip pimples]

i hate above lip pimples where they are on the "monroe" placement. i should just color it in with eyeliner and call it a mole! ha.
i always get that when pms comes and big shocker, it came during that.

i woke up yesterday with like 4 new little pimples which is weird because i normally get deep cysts. i also had a breakout on my forehead and that is rare now and my blackheads on my nose were coming back.

it may be from applying too much cerave lotion or it could have been from the zinc cream. even though it said "greaseless" it still had a stupid orange "makeup" tint in it and i would always notice how greasy it was on my skin but didn't think twice about it because it had zinc cream in it.
oh well. i'm going to stop using that.

i bought this: kiss my face peaches and cream alpha hydroxy cream
and that smells great. i used it tonight and no greasy leftover like i would get with cerave lotion.
also kiss my face aloe + olive oil soap. it was cheap and it's like the size of a half dollar which is convenient.

i didn't spend any money on more vitamins like ginger or grape fruit seed extract like i wanted because somehow i spent 93 bucks on groceries. ouch. but i know what tipped it over. it was the fiber pills i bought and they are yummy. they even have 100% of other vitamins in it too. i was getting sick of taking all those separate pills too. they were 12 bucks.

i also bought kashi oatmeal dark chocolate with cranberries [i think] and it tastes like heaven. the nuts of course probably were expensive.
bought normal low GI fruit like strawberries, berries, kiwi, apples, oh and turkey slices which i hope are healthy, water, 100% cranberry juice, frozen broccoli, beans, organic yogurt, soy yogurt.
i think that's about it.

i remember when i was looking over my old receipts. i still can't believe the turn around i've done with the healthy food. the only frozen things i buy are fish, turkey burgers and salmon. no more sodium filled, trans fatty frozen dinners. not even keebler cookies that are ALWAYS on sale!

have you ever noticed how CHEAP unhealthy food is??

anyways, i'm dealing with the little break out by making a mixture of BP and turmeric. let's see if i see any difference.

#44 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

it was the PRIMER!

the stupid primer was breaking me out, not the zinc cream [i think].
i was reading reviews on the primer i bought and even though it said it was for acne prone skin people were saying it was making them break out. i looked up the ingredients and i didn't know silicone could clog pores because the bottle says it "keeps bad stuff out" basically.
guess not!

i bought a $30 [ouch] primer that is oil-free, silicone-free, paraben-free and fragrance-free.
lorac aquaprime.
i haven't used it yet but will on wednesday when i go grocery shopping.

i was doing an egg mask a couple nights ago and read how the membrane lining of the egg can be used on a pimple. even after it dried i peeled it off of a pimple and it was completely down! i was shocked.
i also read how you shouldn't use egg masks all the time because it can stop being effective.

i do use green tea + aloe masks.

yesterday my dad took me out for m birthday and we went to starbucks and chili's to eat. i rarely go to either of those places. chia tea tastes SO good and smells like ginger bread. too bad it has dairy. i got a free sample so it wasn't like it was a full cup.
i did get some banana and mango drink and that didn't taste good. it would have been better eating them straight.

i am returning the acne light. after talking to my dad 200 bucks is too much to be spending. hopefully i can get a large percentage of my refund back.

what i have been noticing is that i haven't been getting huge cysts on the side of my face. it has mostly been by my chin and since i have been late with my BC it makes sense.

i have been researching mineral makeup and i think that's the reason my sister would break out since she's 25 and stopped breaking out when she stopped the makeup.

the bismuth, mica, talc and tixi..something isn't good for your skin or your health. i read how it can be cancerous. you have to read the fine print if some mineral makeup says it is "natural".

i did however find a mineral makeup selling company that is free of all those. i ordered some mini samples and hopefully can try them out soon.

i don't know what to do if they don't work well :[

i am taking fiber choice pills and they have a lot of vitamins in it other then fiber so i am able to cut down on my other vitamins like A,C,D, basic ones.

i do have to keep on taking my turmeric, chromium [something], alpha lipoic acid and another vitamin everyday regardless.

i am going to get grape fruit seed extract pills and ginger next time. i already have grape fruit seed extract wash that i have been using on and off for months.

#45 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

you have to keep positive.

otherwise you'll go insane.

i may have broken out badly but it isn't the end of the world.

there is redness by my mouth which might be from the alpha hydroxy so i should lay off it for a day to see any difference.

i do have painful and of course inflamed pimples on my jaw. it's most likely from the makeup primer. that really enrages me because i basically paid $15 to break out!
the tone everywhere else is very good and even so that surprises me and should take a positive.

yesterday i went grocery shopping and this is what i bought or already had:

sprouted grain bread [new. it tastes great.]
hormel sliced turkey without nitrates
turkey burgers
eggs [*the only breakfast meal i use. no cereal anymore.]
silk live yogurt[*]
bananas
plums
apples
grapes
blueberries
blackberries [new.]
almond milk [new.]
nuts
lettuce
carrots [new. i thought i was allergic to them but i guess not]
water
pomegranate, raspberry juice 100%
kiwi
beans
broccoli

i also bought ginger root and grape seed extract vitamins.

vitamin a,c,e,d
chromium
zinc
gse
ginger root
turmeric
flaxseed oil
fiber choice pills with added vitamins
alpha lipoic acid
magnesium
calcium

it's fine if i take all the others but i hate taking the a,c,e,d because they are separate.
i don't want to put the B complex back in because it says gluten. then again the bread most likely has gluten in it and i'm not tested for sensitivity. we'll see.

this is what i ate today:
breakfast
turkey burger
2 eggs
blue berries, banana, blackberries mixed with some soy live yogurt
green tea
-----
raspberry pom juice
-----
lunch
sprouted bread
lettuce
3 slices turkey
blueberries
carrots

it seems like a lot but i read how you need to eat more to get more bowel movements and it's not like i'm eating pizza.

#46 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

sprouted grain bread is delicious. i only have one bun a day because it's 170 calories with 3 slices of turkey [56 calories] with lettuce for my lunch.
i'm so happy i can eat carrots again because i thought i was allergic and it's a good mindless snack when watching tv. i know i would be mindless snacking on cookies.. ha

inflammation has gone down since yesterday. now i can see the actual pimples and not a slap of redness. i think the aloe really helps in that.
i stopped the alpha hydroxy lotion until it clears up.

i started my Acetyl-l-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, and CoQ10 [all one pill].

sunlight
makes a big difference in my attitude. i spent my lunch outside and it changed my entire mood for the day. they say people in chicago have low vitamin D and it's not from getting enough sun. i stay out there for 15 minutes like doctors suggest.

if i keep up with this diet i don't see how i could get a big fare up like before.

#47 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

in the middle of the night my blanket slapped me in my face which happens a lot. i used to always swear it was the cause of some pimples and i might have been right.
i woke up with a new pimple on the tip of my chin where the blanket would always hit. makes sense because friction from things can create a pimple.

http://i33.tinypic.com/15x9uft.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/10mpn5e.jpg

my fridge.
most of the stuff is for smoothies like celery and the greens in the bottom drawer.
i got to thinking that it was my green smoothies that was giving me severe [to the point of crying and i don't cry] lower back pain but i think it's from my new vitamins. i don't think green smoothies count as a full meal like when you have to have a full meal when taking zinc or else you'll vomit.

oh and i got my rejuva mineral makeup in the mail today! i am so excited because it's completely free of nasty toxins bare minerals has.
we'll see. i want to wait awhile till my pimples are completely down so i get the best results.

#48 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

i tried the new mineral makeup and the coverage isn't as thick as i thought but i didn't care.
it felt like i was wearing nothing on my face but i know enough was covered up.

it was a great feeling not letting acne hold me back from enjoying life. i rode my bike to a local store and bought some straws so i could use them when drinking tea because i think it is staining my teeth.

the green smoothies are hard to master but i'm getting better at it.
i do not think my back sprain was from the smoothies or vitamins.
probably was from bike riding 2 miles and then not getting good sleep.

i felt that good about my skin i took some photos

what sucks is that in some light there will be scars but i mean.. who cares? it's a whole of a lot better then have actual acne. years down the road i can get dermbrasion anyways.

#49 Rob2686

Rob2686

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:58 PM

Looking good!

I have to ask... Blanket slapping you in the face?

And Rob, what the f#ck does someone's opinion of the Smashing Pumpkins have to do with consumerism, illusions of paradise, and Subway? At least try and make sense next time you're trying to trash someone for their hate of a band you love.

#50 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:32 PM

my skin broke out a little. it's most likely from PMS and being low on the birth control.
the new makeup i got really sucks. it's chalky and only showcases my red [turns purple with makeup] even more. i resorted back to bare minerals. oh well. i felt like a million bucks with it on.

i bought some nips [candy] and i don't care! i was so sick of eating salmon and beans. i also bought a pint of rice dream ice cream [mint carob] ick..
that's about the only bad thing i've eaten in a LONG time.
i have had an urge to order a deep dish pizza but then look in the mirror and it snaps me back.
plus a craving lasts maybe 15 minutes at most i've read.

i might be thinking about switching birth control. maybe yaz.

aloe really does the trick. it dries out everything and if i don't want to walk around with bright white bp on my face, it's almost the same in power.

oh and since i'm sticking a gluten free diet.. this 5 dollar cereal better be the best damn breakfast i ever had! including the price of the rice milk i bought for it.
lol.

it's hard finding the right mixture for green smoothies, ugh.

#51 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

oh my gosh, i swear if i accidentally hit my face i am going to scream.
i have a feeling i'll be getting more pimples. i know i have a pimple by my mouth because of that!

i'll brush hair out of my face or something and accidentally bump my fingers against my face. argh.

either it's from this or from the fluoride in my toothpaste. i am clumsy at that too lol.

this is my to buy list:

-black currant seed oil [read about it in this VERY hippie and spirtual book. it's laughable at times..]

-Trinidad Original Likas Papaya Skin Whitening Herbal Soap
[bought it on amazon for 2 bucks. my Filipino step mom has that in her cabinet but i'm not going to steal hers]
Winner of the 2003 National Consumers Quality Award for Hall of Fame Best Papaya Herbal Soap
Winner of 2003 Asia-Pacific Excellence Awards for Outstanding Papaya Herbal Soap Brand
Enriched with Papaya enzyme and blended with tropical herbs to whiten the skin. For clearer and fine skin complexion.
Likas Papaya soap has no strong odor & has no harsh ingredients.

-oil free, grease less sun screen. been too scared to wear one and then break out from it even i know the risks are greater if i don't wear it. then again my makeup has spf but AHA makes you more susceptible to sun burn.

- Emerge Therapeutic Acne Zinc & Sulfur Mask - i bought this last night. the other prices were in the $30-$60 and since i' extremely frugal i bought the 19 dollar one. i read good things about sulfur.

i start using my zinc cream and acne light again. i'm not sure if i will use the AHA since i haven't found a sun screen and i'm going out of the house more.

not acne related but tomorrow i am picking up my first car! i wasn't wearing any makeup and when i was talking to my dad about the car i didn't even look at him. i was too sickened by all the red marks on my face. seriously, my face is a battlefield. i can't imagine anyone going on for YEARS with cystic acne and not coming out horrible or disfigured.

i know that down the road i will be getting dermabrasion or something. i hope the whitening soap does something but i doubt it.

#52 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

ugh. i still can't believe how bad my skin has gotten. of course that the pimples are spreading i'm thinking everything could be the culprit. i should be switching to fluoride free toothpaste even.

today i bought gingko and black cohosh vitamins. gingko is supposed to give energy and black cohosh is supposed to help bones and anti-inflammatory yet when i googled it said it was for menopause and PMS which makes sense. so it's just for females to balance out hormones.

i think this recent breakout by my mouth and chin is from my birth control. i realized once i started BC my acne type changed. in the beginning it was my forehead, then it was on my cheeks only, then it went to my chin and never the old locations.

idk, it's weird. i hope black cohosh evens out my hormones but there could be a BIG breakout if somehow my hormones get overrode and erupts. that is my biggest fear.

i am going to cut down on my fruits. i put back bananas into my diet too. maybe that was the break out?

this is what could have broke me out:

- BC. i think i missed it for a couple days or i was taking it at the wrong time
- NIPS AND RICE DREAM ICE CREAM - seriously what was i thinking? the candy i pick has dairy and tons of sugar like high fructos corn syrup. i think this could be the major factor since i ate like the whole box in one night!

- new face wash - always could be

- stress - just a bad week and lack of sleep. black cohosh is supposed to me a mild sleep aid and i took it 30 minutes ago and i am feeling very calm.

oh and the new ZINC AND SULFUR mask wasn't as strong as i wish it were. i don't think it even shrunk my pimples.
i am still doing the acne light.

what i have realized is that of course my pimples are going to be inflamed but no where on my face is like before. either it's from the anti-inflammatory vitamins or from not using BP anymore, idk.

also what i have noticed is that my left side of my face is clear and i remember having a picture of a huge dime size cyst on that side when i started this thread. now i don't break out on that side but more on the right.

oy.

i changed my makeup from bare minerals to physicians formula which is talc free but i'm still worried about the mica. then again bare minerals had every bad mineral in their makeup can imagine and i still wore it.

#53 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:31 AM

i tried the papayas likas whitening soap yesterday.
i used it because when i was trying to wash off my calamine lotion mask with Phisoderm Clean Cleanser for Sensitive Skin Gentle Cleanser, i tried washing it two times and it didn't want to come off. obviously it's not strong enough for me!

i read review on the whitening soap how it can burn and make your skin very dry. i didn't think it dried out my skin but i did notice a slight burn around sensitive areas once i started adding water and washing it off. it wasn't anything that painful.

i like the lather it creates. it's not too much like the dove sensitive soap and feels like it gets everything.

i haven't been getting sleep. i need ear plugs but because i am so easily prone to ear infections i don't know what to do.

this doesn't have to do with acne but i am growing out my nails and ever since i was little i could never do it. ha, after i was out with my dad and went in the bathroom to check my makeup i noticed my skin was flaking horribly around my mouth. that's what i knew i had to grow out my nails unless i wanted to bring tweezers with me everywhere.
that's my motivation.

i ate gummy worms the other day. i couldn't help it! eating blueberries and salmon gets old sometimes ha.

i added primerose oil and milk thistle to my vitamins

#54 dwhaa

dwhaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

sometimes people have a reaction/allergy to sulfur. I don't do well with sulfur medication or masks, etc. You sound like you have allegy/sensitivity issues- test it out and see what happens.

Dawn

Current status - pretty clear
am
10% Benz Perox Wash
2% Salycylic Acid Wash
diva dryer mitt to exfoliate
Straight Braggs ACV
1% Metrogel
Amlactin

pm
Vit C cleanser
Straight ACV
Every other Day Taz with Cerave
Spot Treat with 10% Benz Perox Cream

#55 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (dwhaa @ Sep 1 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sometimes people have a reaction/allergy to sulfur. I don't do well with sulfur medication or masks, etc. You sound like you have allegy/sensitivity issues- test it out and see what happens.

hm, with my zinc and sulfur mask i didn't get itchy or anything like that. it just seemed like it was this slimey mask that wouldn't harden like i thought. i haven't used it more then twice because of that
otherwise i don't use sulfur in my products.

#56 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

i have been using the tinted zinc cream all over my face at night and spot treating with BP 10%.

my skin is doing well. the break out i had around my mouth is going away but the pimple above my mouth [like monroe piercing location]. i swear i can't kill the bacteria fast enough to stop it from spreading. atleast it's just two tiny bumps.
otherwise i have one small cyst on my jaw from where i touched my face and a tiny one i think on the other side.

i have noticed blackheads on my forehead. not sure how to get rid of those without popping those.
otherwise i never pop pimples.

i still use the acne light every day and so i have a little red irritation on my cheek from being too close.

milk thistle always gives me bad heartburn.

#57 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

http://i36.tinypic.com/k70ok.png
smile.gif

#58 Rob2686

Rob2686

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (acnejean @ Sep 4 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Picture = 1000 words sideways.gif Glad to see things are going well.

#59 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Rob2686 @ Sep 4 2008, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (acnejean @ Sep 4 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Picture = 1000 words sideways.gif Glad to see things are going well.

thanks smile.gif. i am too haha. last time i checked your log you were done with redness? i'd check it again but my internet is so low.
i'm just trying to work on these deep purple scars on the side of my chin.

#60 acnejean

acnejean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

i have been noticing my skin looks so BRIGHT. i defiantly think it's from the papaya whitening soap.
i can see my red marks lightening also.

the only lotion i'm using is "kiss my face peach alpha hydroxy 8%" with aloe.

i have a pretty big pimple on my cheek that i had to pop because the head was huge and i couldn't leave my house with it so hopefully that doesn't spread.

also i have noticed that my pimples are completely separate.. or isolated now and don't have any redness.

i'm not going to be drinking green smoothies anymore since they're pretty nasty.
i have only been eating fruits like pears, grapes and apples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users