Photo

jc's Regimen/Liver Flush/TCA/Review Log

vitamin e magnesium garlic ginger zinc milk thistle juicing probiotic chemical peel tca

46 replies to this topic

#21 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:27 PM

jc's PRODUCT REVIEWS
I've only been on this board for a few months, but I've tried more things recently that I have my entire life! :lol: These comments are my own, through my own experience, and for my own skin! Note that I have asian skin.

Updated: June 6th / 2004

Things I like or have tried

->Derma Soleil Natural Sunblock

->Spectrum Essentials Coconut Oil - facial moisturizer
An excellent all-natural night time moisturizer. Most store made moisturizers contain lots of water which has a temporary moisturizing effect. You need to have a good at night moisturizer, or else the moisturizing effect will wear off during the night. (For the ladies: it's suposed to be a good hair conditioner too!) It makes my face look like a oil trap waiting to happen, but it works great! (Thanks Amoira!)

Read more about it here: http://www.coconut-i...r_your_skin.htm

->Sisal Mitt for dry-skin Brushing - skin brushing stimulates toxic and overworked glands, promoting toxin elimination and, at the same time reinstates these glands to return to a proper functioning state of health. Dry skin brushing is great for cleansing our lymph nodes. It's great to do before a shower, so we get a chance to wash away all of the dead skin cells we loosen up. Our skin is our largest organ and is responsible for expelling 1/4 of our toxins! It's a good idea to keep the entire body clean. Not just our face. Click here for an excellent article

How to use it: "Brush vigorously the stomach and chest - clockwise, long strokes on extremeties, circular on joints. Pay special attention to under the arms, as there is an important nerve nexus there".

(Here's a graph of our lymph system)

Two good links here:
HUGE article on Skin brushing:
http://www.racingsma...in_brushing.htm

Complete Dry-Brushing Article:
http://www.celtic-se...mdrybrusar.html

->White Vinegar + Lemon - Facial Toner
I got the tip from somebody on another board to try lemon on the face. Our face is supposed to be acidic, so this is where this toner comes in. It's hard to say if it really does anything, but it sure does make it smell better! This combo is just about the same as ACV, but the smell is easier to take. I use it once in the morning and night, and sometimes in the afternoon.

->Desert Essence Castile Liquid Soap with 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil - Just trying out an all natural facial cleanser as opposed to pharmacy ones. This one contains castile soap, coconut oil, olive oil and tea tree oil. This all-natural thing is fun, plus, it's actually cheaper than buying pharmaceutical stuff. This cleanser does it's job well, but who can really tell with cleansers right? It is easy to lather, and makes my face squeaky clean. I wonder if it slows down hyperpigmentation though...hmm... :think:

->Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Pretty good. Big bottle. Does it's job. It contains 'sodium lauryl sulfate' though, and is purported to break people out. I'm not sure though. Seems ok to me.

->Twinlab Na-PCA Spray non-oily
Nice little spray moisturizer to have handy. I don't use it that often anymore (my skin isn't that dry), but it was fun to use. You don't have to use your hands as you just spritz it onto your face. I added a few drops of tea tree and lavender oil too.

->Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
I tried this out as many people were raving about it on this board and other boards. It was very cheap anyways. It's supposed to be good for drying up pimples, blackheads, and shrinking up pores. It feels very *minty* when on the skin, and it feels great after you wash it off! It's a huge bottle, and definitely worth the price.

->Kalaya's Emu Oil (pure)
Fairly expensive, and picked up in my health food store. It doesn't smell that much like chicken (from what I heard about skinbiology brand), and it goes on real nice. It has transdermal properties, which makes it a carrier oil, which helps to absorb further into the skin. It feels real nice and makes a good night mositurizer.

->Jason's Natural Stuff 100% Tea Tree Oil
It was slightly cheaper than Plantations and Desert Essence, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. This stuff smells very strong, but nice. I hear it's great for active breakouts and your skin in general. It's a good essential oil to add to other things.

->Aromaforce Lavender Oil
Just picked this up for fun at my health food store. It's great to go along with a Bentonite Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar mask. (Thanks Blueeyedbia!) Another good essential oil.

->TCA Complex
I like using this for my hyperpigmentation (brown) marks, as the downtime isn't too bad, and it gives me decent, yet steady, results.

->Jason Natural Stuff Papaya & Pineapple Enzyme Mask
Supposed to be good for eating away dead skin, but I found that it didn't do much. I heard from a long time user that they've changed formulas, and have unfortunately made it less effective. While inexpensive, I probably won't get it again. I'm going to look for real organic papaya soap.

Things I've stopped using

->Malt Vinegar - 5% acetic acid
A Skin toner. I've been using the ACV vinegar for quite some time now. I switched over for one day, and didn't like it at all. The smell made me think of fries, and it made my face sticky! I'm sticking to ACV or white vinegar.

->Proactiv Solution
I tried this about 7 years ago, back in my high school days, and it didn't seem to do anything for me. In all fairness, I really skimped on the amount of BP I used, because it was so danged expensive!!! Also, back in those days, it was an salicylic acid toner, as opposed to the glycolic acid they use today. In all, I'm sure that it works fine if you use enough (like Dan's regimen), but it's very, very pricey to keep up.

->Neutrogena 2.5% BP
This is the very first thing that I tried when I joined this site, and for me, it worked great from day 1. I smeared lots of it on my face, and the next day, it was already suppressing my breakouts, and existing big ones. But at $9 cdn a tube, I found it very costly.

->Acne Statin
Can somebody say, "Informercial Rip-off" for me please? I tried this before pro-activ (7 years ago), and the informercials looked so promising. It too, was expensive (duties & tax as well), and I reordered it soooo many times. It was only recently I found out that they were a scam company, and were sued for a lot of money. Funny thing is, their website is still up and running. Go figure.

->Retin-A 0.05% Treitenoin Cream + Benzac 5% BP wash
I was given this combo to try (wasn't mine), and I only did it for about two weeks. It says that it takes 6-8 weeks to show effectiveness, but I couldn't wait that long! At that time, I didn't know much about skin products or much else, but in any case, I was very discouraged by the slow progress this gave me.

->Clean & Clear Continuous Control 5% BP Wash
Pretty good BP wash, as it was very convenient to use, especially at the gym.

->Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub 2% salicylic acid
Good to use in conjuncunction with the C&CCC 5% BP wash. It helped to keep me under fairly good control. The microbeads (supposed to be an exfoliator) were pretty neat, and I liked 'em! Both of these products last a long time, and is well worth the money.

->Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer
Not too expensive, and I'm sure it does it's job. I think it left me looking too greasy faced for a morning moisturizer though.

->Cetaphil Moisturizing Suncreen SPF15
It's an ok moisturizer. Goes on ok, but could be leaving me greasy(?). Hard to say. I hear that these types of sunscreens are actually no good for your skin in the long run. I'm going to do more research later.

Things I'm going to use later

->ParaGONE parasite cleanser - It's about time I got one of these! After my 1 year+ stay in the depths of China, I'm sure that I picked up some nasty things. I found this one on sale, so I just couldn't resist. I'm still going to go ahead with my liver flush this coming Friday, then I'll start this parasite cleanse immediately after. 15 days on, 5 days off, 15 days on, done. I'd better read more about it on the curezone parasite forums (Parasite cleanse start date: ?)

More to come later...

#22 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:00 PM

jc ON THE IMPORTANCE OF SUNBLOCK

->We SHOULD be wearing sunblock/sunscreen all year round!

What's the difference between sunscreen and sunblock?

Sunscreens absorb the UV rays and prevent penetration through the skin (examples are parsol, benzophenones, avobenzone).

Sunblocks create a barrier that reflects UV light (examples are zinc oxide, titanium dioxide).

Ref: http://www.cancer.ca...ngId-en,00.html

What are the main ingredients we should be looking for in a good sunblock?

Zinc oxide & Titanium dioxide – a highly reflective mineral, non-irritating, non-comedogenic, micronized by forming many small micro particles for cosmetic use. Zinc oxide blocks more UVR than any other single ingredient. Warning: Some people may be allergic to these ingredients. Do a test patch first!

"Chemical sunscreens" may be harmful to us, as free radical generators. It now appears that many heavily-used chemical sunscreens may actually increase cancers by virtue of their free radical generating properties. And more insidiously, many commonly used sunscreen chemicals have strong estrogenic actions that may cause serious problems in sexual development and adult sexual function, and may further increase cancer risks.

Read more here:
http://www.skinbiolo...sunscreens.html
http://www.natural-h...oxybenzone.html

What are UVA and UVB rays? (Sunlight consists of two harmful rays)

UVA rays (which pass through window glass) penetrate deeper into the dermis, or base layer of the skin. They also contribute to sunburns and skin cancer. UVB rays are the sun’s burning rays (which are blocked by window glass) and are the primary cause of sunburn and skin cancer.

Both UVA and UVB rays can cause suppression of the immune system which helps to protect you against the development and spread of skin cancer.

Why do some people hyperpigment due to sun exposure?

Hyperpigmentation is a common, usually harmless condition in which patches of skin become darker in color than the normal surrounding skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin. Hyperpigmentation can affect the skin color of people of any race.

Age or "liver" spots are a common form of hyperpigmentation. They occur due to sun damage, and are referred to by doctors as solar lentigines. These small, darkened patches are usually found on the hands and face or other areas frequently exposed to the sun.

Read more here: http://www.aocd.org/...gmentation.html

________________________________________________________________________________

Some Researched Facts:
    *The FDA found that an SPF over 30 does not significantly increase protection. An SPF 10 gets about 85%. An SPF 15 stops about 95% and an SPF 30 stops about 97%. SPF 30 is not twice as effective as SPF 15.
    *Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States, with over 1 million new diagnoses every year.
    *The American Academy of Dermatology estimates that in this year alone 51,400 Americans will be diagnosed with melanoma — the deadliest form of skin cancer.
    *Most shirt material has a sun protection factor (SPF) of only three to six. That means if you are out for three to six hours, covered with shirt material, you will get one hour of burning rays.
    *You can still burn on a cloudy day! Why? Sometimes the cloud formations are just right to scatter, reflect, re-reflect and focus the sun's rays on the surface of the earth. Remember that clouds screen out only 20% of the UVB! 80% of the sun's ultraviolet rays pass through clouds.
In the Sun Tips:
    *If going out for more than 20 minutes, use sunscreen!
    *Sunblock should be applied at least 30 minutes before sun exposure and should be generously slathered on and rubbed into the skin. Don't forget your ears!
    *The FDA recommends reapplying sunscreen every two hours.
    *Avoid the sun during the middle of the day, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the atmosphere absorbs less of the harmful UV rays of sunlight than earlier or later in the day.
    *Reapply sunscreen as needed after swimming, sweating or towel drying.
    *Use sunscreen even on cloudy days.
    *Wear a wide-brimmed hat, loose protective clothing, and sunglasses.
    *Lips can get sunburned too. Find a lip balm that contains sunscreen.
Important links:
    The Chemical Health Sunscreen Disaster - Click here
    FDA Will Require Sunscreen Label Changes - Click here
    The FDA on 7 steps to safer sunning - Click here
    Skin cancer information and Sunscreens - Click here
    Sunscreen facts - Click here
Always do your own research! Stop blindly buying sunscreen products based on brand name, or advertising. Start doing label checks!

#23 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Learning how to accept myself.

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

I finally read your "story" and I am impressed with all the work you put into this. biggrin.gif You rock!

#24 Doopie

Doopie

Hie.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:48 PM

Go JC, Go JC, Go JC! :dance:

#25 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:28 AM

Thank you Oursfan & Doopie! smile.gif Maybe I will go. And never come back! :wink:

LIVER FLUSH #5
SOOOO freakin' lax this time. I barely did any preparation...mentally nor physically. The salt water flush was nastier than ever...I practically hurled more than half of it nearing the end. I'm going to have to reconsider using the 'sprite' tasting magnesium citrate from now on.

I guess it's true what they say. You only really go hardcore when desperate times call for desperate measures. I just hope that this flush helps to stave away any more future breakouts and helps with healing times.

Total stone count = 25 (so low!)

I certainly didn't put as much effort into it as I used to. My mind has been very pre-occupied these days.

Planning on doing a 12.5% TCA peel when I can.

#26 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:07 PM

12.5% TCA vs. TCA Complex
Just finished up some 12.5% from Mendy.

My application method, again, involved using my finger for spreading it around my face, as opposed to a q-tip or paper towel, due to the fact that more TCA is absorbed into them than your skin.

My face certainly doesn't burn like it used to. The 12.5% hardly turned my skin dark (re: Tracy's experience with it), even after a total of 6 applications! shock.gif (spread evenly over 3 days)

I kept my skin nice and moisturized as usual with coconut oil and my natural sunblock for when I went into the sun. Actually, this time around, I spent lots more time in the sun.

Nearing the 6-7th day, when the peeling usually starts, I found that the peeling was rather uneven, when compared to TCA complex. TCA complex allowed entire strips of skin to peel off as a solid piece, whereas 12.5% more or less flaked off in invididual pieces. Usually this happens when you don't moisturize enough. Perhaps it was because I spent too much time in the sun. :think: Perhaps it's my asian skin type.

Final results
All in all, even though the peeling was rather uneven, it did help me to lighten / get rid of my previous TCA burns, and some brown hyperpigmentation marks. Can't argue with results!

#27 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:20 PM

My Colonic Experience
I finally did it! After flush #6 (which was very successful), I decided to get down and dirty and go for the ultimate colon/bowel cleanse. It was also 50% off, so who can complain?

As scary as the environment might've been (with the [male!] hydrotherapist sticking things up the nether region), it was definitely worth it. I can't believe that I'm sharing this crazy experience with everyone. :shifty:

I was brought into a little room with a medical type bed, laid out with clean sheets with a mirror hanging overhead, tilted in such a way that you can see yourself, and the exit tubes in front of you. I was told to take off my unmentionables (:o) and to cover myself up with a simple towel. While lying on my side, I suppose that the insertion of the speculum was the worst part of it, and I'm sure that it was no bowl of cherries for him either. He was nice enough for the most part.

After lying on my side for a good 5 minutes, I was turned onto my back, as he massaged my abdomen & stomach, getting out lots of gunk. I was able to see the "matter" passing through the exit tubes off the mirror. So much stuff! I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, they don't keep a little fish tank of what came out of you, for the customer to bear witness to (as I imagined it to be).

He also gave added some coffee to the end of the colonic, as he knew that I did a liver flush...something he knew lots about. BUT...he charged me an extra $5 for it, without even telling me. :angry: In any case, I probably would've gotten it anyways. doubt.gif

All is done...I'm feeling clean! Hooah!

#28 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:02 PM

Hey JC! Yer a brave soldier there bub. biggrin.gif

Isn't it INCREDIBLE what comes out during a colonic?! Sheesh man...you do all these cleanses like swf, take herbs, do enemas, then you go and get a colonic or do a colema cleanse.....wowee kazowie batman! It's incredible! Even after you do all these cleanses, it's amazing what comes out.

And we wonder why we get acne..... eusa_think.gif eusa_shifty.gif eek.gif :blink:

I bet you feel better though, dontcha? wink.gif

#29 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:41 PM

wait what are 'stones"? i'm confused about the whole liver flushing process O_O::???

#30 deejoanna

deejoanna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:14 PM

You're scaring me.

#31 nevermind

nevermind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:22 PM

jc do you still do all these things?

what, if any, were the effects of the fushes etc on your face? Going by your posts I trust you to be totally honest.

#32 [flip]

[flip]

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:10 AM

Sounds like fun... eusa_eh.gif

How long did it take you to do all this. Could it be done over a weekend?

#33 nofx_gurl_420

nofx_gurl_420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:05 PM

hey... wow u sure do a lot 4 ur skin I am proud of u! I am planning on doing the same I just lack the will power u seem 2 have I have an appointment with my doctor next week I am kinda embarrassed I don't know why but anyways I am going 2 ask him about where I can get a colon flush done and about doing liver/kidney flushes's ect and also some other things anyways I think what ur doing is the best way to cure acne and it is what I plan of hopefully doing to but it would be good to keep in touch with u since u seem 2 know what ur doing rolleyes.gif thanx

#34 MoeMentum

MoeMentum

Operation: Superskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:11 AM

bump*

#35 David A

David A

David A

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:35 PM

Do you use organic store bought apple juice?

Or do you make it yourslef?

How many apples do you buy to do this?

#36 Moonface

Moonface

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

Impressive!

I've got a question though:

garlic is very healthy but what to do about the bad odor? I know about parsley for garlic breath, but does parsley also work when you sweat? When I eat garlic, my sweat smells like it too!

#37 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Health, art, fashion, photography, music, my dog Penny.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(Moonface @ Apr 8 2006, 07:02 AM) View Post

Impressive!

I've got a question though:

garlic is very healthy but what to do about the bad odor? I know about parsley for garlic breath, but does parsley also work when you sweat? When I eat garlic, my sweat smells like it too!

WHERE DID THIS GUY GO? I'm guessing he got clear and left us.

#38 obarrera

obarrera

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:09 AM

Does this benefit everyone?
Im a skinny guy, workout, drink nothing but water(and milk sometimes, not too often), I try not to eat too much "bad food", BUT have acne, would this still benefit me? Or is it for people that have been eating unhealthy for many years? Im a little confused.

Thanks

#39 barmpot

barmpot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Burning guitars, UFOs, Rock n' Roll, Cheesecake, Jimi Hendrix

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:51 AM

Is it safe to take antibiotics for acne whilst doing a liver flush or should I stop taking them for a few days?

#40 Spartan

Spartan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:46 PM

BUMP!

Has anyone else tried this and got good results?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users