Photo

Ice for spot treating

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#41 hittheswitch

hittheswitch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

ive tried icing cysts and im pretty sure it just makes them last longer.

my theory is when you ice it the blood rushes away from the acne which stops healing / lets the bacteria breed.

maybe im just doing it wrong :/

#42 dirtbomb

dirtbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

Probably, because it always did wonders for me.

#43 Masonic

Masonic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:40 AM

Ice as a spot treatment has worked great for me. Although I prefer to use a chilled ice pack (the small brick ones you put in a cooler) as opposed to actual cubes. It's less of a mess, easier to hold, and provides even coverage.

Also, you can wipe these bricks down if you're worried about accumulating oils on them. These are very cheap, and can usually be found in any grocery store.

I recommend applying the pack to each area for only a short period of time (less than a minute). This allows the acne to shrink and not irritate or numb the face and hand. At least, this is what works for me.

Hope this helps.
"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"

#44 Telekon

Telekon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

I've had some success when applying ice to a forming pimple but I have found on occasion that the pimple returns in exactly the same place a few days later.

#45 Journalistico

Journalistico

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:35 AM

Yes! I saw a red area next to my lip a few days ago. It was a little painful, and I knew that it was going to develop into a lesion. I started icing it before doing the regimen in the morning and evening and applying extra AHA in that spot. The spot has remained an almost-invisible red bump and is now going away. I would definitely recommend this approach.

#46 roderick9van

roderick9van

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

Place ice on the inflamed area for 10 to 15 minutes at a time, no more than once per hour. You can do this a few times a day. The ice will calm the inflamed tissue and numb the pain a bit. If the ice is too uncomfortable when applied directly to your skin, try wrapping the ice in a towel.

Alternate with a few minutes of heat and a few minutes of ice. Heat a special microwavable heat pack or use a heating pad. Not only does this help take away the sting of the cold, alternating hot and cold also helps the area heal faster. The cold reduces pain and inflammation while the heat rushes circulation and nutrients to the tissues.

Take one or two ibuprofen once or twice a day. It's best if you take it with food and water. When used properly, ibuprofen can help reduce your pain and inflammation while you heal. However, don't take ibuprofen without first consulting your doctor.

Rub a pain gel containing menthol to the skin. Follow the package instructions and never apply more than the recommended amount.