Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Fade Acne Scars on Chest and Shoulders

14 posts in this topic

So I'm getting over acne breakouts on my face, neck, chest and shoulders.

It's all cleared up thanks to the medication I've been using but now I'm left with scars, specifically on my chest and shoulders. It's weird because my face and neck have cleared up pretty well, both acne and scars. But the scars on my chest and shoulders don't seem to be healing as well, why is this?

The scars on my chest and shoulders are darker in color and somewhat red compared to my normal skin tone but they're not raised or depressed scars, they're just marks...a lot of them.

Now that my acne has cleared up, I want to fade these suckers ASAP but I don't know what is good to use, specifically for my kind of scars.

Can you guys recommend me some creams or any other over the counter treatments that would work well for the kind of scars on my chest and shoulders?

So I'm getting over acne breakouts on my face, neck, chest and shoulders.

It's all cleared up thanks to the medication I've been using but now I'm left with scars, specifically on my chest and shoulders. It's weird because my face and neck have cleared up pretty well, both acne and scars. But the scars on my chest and shoulders don't seem to be healing as well, why is this?

The scars on my chest and shoulders are darker in color and somewhat red compared to my normal skin tone but they're not raised or depressed scars, they're just marks...a lot of them.

Now that my acne has cleared up, I want to fade these suckers ASAP but I don't know what is good to use, specifically for my kind of scars.

Can you guys recommend me some creams or any other over the counter treatments that would work well for the kind of scars on my chest and shoulders?

use slices of lemons or lemon juice and apply to the scars

search "Lemon Juice" on this site for more info

i had the same problem but they've been clearing away real fast with lemon juice

TCA Peels or Vbeam, although the most effective tool is time. Which works very well on simple redmarks, I'm sure you'll be happy with their appearance in a year or less.

I too have plenty of red marks on my chest and neck, they are especially apparent after a shower or exercise/sweating. Unfortunately for me though I haven't been able to stop new ones from coming... can I ask what medication you took that worked for you?

Exercise, eat and live like you are constantly trying to get into the best shape of your life, and it will show, inside and out.

Anybody......?

Hey buddy, It sounds like youve got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, These are not permanent scars like hypertrophic/atrophic or keloid scars. So consider yourself lucky! They may take up to a year to fade away, but they will fade completely. I had this type of scarring, I found that being out in the sun and tanning with suncream helped fade my scars. But most people will ttell you not to expose scars to the sun within 6 months to a year of getting them. It's up to u.

doss is right, they will fade completly in time ... can even take up to a year

i had a really dark mark on my arm but has nearly gone now ... its been about 5 -6 months

i recommend you just leave them alone ... plus there on your chest and shoulders so can easily be covered up with clothing

I have found that doing 20% TCA Peels plus tons of moisturizer has been helping!

Try Glytone's glycolic acid keratosis pelaris kit. It has a cleanser and lotion w/very high percentages of glycolic acid - it fades hyperpigmentation (red or brown marks left after injury) really well. You can also use 8 - 12% tca directly on the spots but discontinue the Glytone 3 days before and don't start reusing it until the skin starts to peel (10-14 days later).

Good luck! Trust me this really works!

Anybody......?

Hey buddy, It sounds like youve got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, These are not permanent scars like hypertrophic/atrophic or keloid scars. So consider yourself lucky! They may take up to a year to fade away, but they will fade completely. I had this type of scarring, I found that being out in the sun and tanning with suncream helped fade my scars. But most people will ttell you not to expose scars to the sun within 6 months to a year of getting them. It's up to u.

Hey, I've noticed this too. It's true that the scars can get darker while using UV light, but also it can help fade them in the long run. I also hear the UV rays can speed up aging of the skin, and damaging it on a molecular lever, damaging the myelin, which is the skin's building block and over-all repair mechanism. I'm currently going to try the Vitamin E and Baking Soda Routine. Found it at Livestrong.com.

I've been seeing that people have a lot of luck

with apple cider vinegar. I just started using it

myself this week and hope that I can remove

the acne scars on my back within 12 weeks.

I'm not really sure what to expect.

Hi

I would suggest using glycolic acid products. Basically an AHA will do the job. It will take time though. I've read some reviews where people used Alpha Hydrox's products on their back since it contains about 10% glycolic acid.

Eff my life. I'm done. Eff everything.