Photo

How to Fade Acne Scars on Chest and Shoulders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Geronimo

Geronimo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:53 AM

So I'm getting over acne breakouts on my face, neck, chest and shoulders.

It's all cleared up thanks to the medication I've been using but now I'm left with scars, specifically on my chest and shoulders. It's weird because my face and neck have cleared up pretty well, both acne and scars. But the scars on my chest and shoulders don't seem to be healing as well, why is this?

The scars on my chest and shoulders are darker in color and somewhat red compared to my normal skin tone but they're not raised or depressed scars, they're just marks...a lot of them.

Now that my acne has cleared up, I want to fade these suckers ASAP but I don't know what is good to use, specifically for my kind of scars.

Can you guys recommend me some creams or any other over the counter treatments that would work well for the kind of scars on my chest and shoulders?

#2 Geronimo

Geronimo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

Anybody......?

#3 pennypal

pennypal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Geronimo @ May 19 2008, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I'm getting over acne breakouts on my face, neck, chest and shoulders.

It's all cleared up thanks to the medication I've been using but now I'm left with scars, specifically on my chest and shoulders. It's weird because my face and neck have cleared up pretty well, both acne and scars. But the scars on my chest and shoulders don't seem to be healing as well, why is this?

The scars on my chest and shoulders are darker in color and somewhat red compared to my normal skin tone but they're not raised or depressed scars, they're just marks...a lot of them.

Now that my acne has cleared up, I want to fade these suckers ASAP but I don't know what is good to use, specifically for my kind of scars.

Can you guys recommend me some creams or any other over the counter treatments that would work well for the kind of scars on my chest and shoulders?

You treat scars on your neck and chest the same way - with one caveat - discoloration for some reason is more prone on your neck - at least that's what my cosmetic dermatologist says.

The skin on your chest and back is much thicker than on your face. I've given myself a TCA peel on my chest. It made a little difference. at some point in the winter when I wear sweaters I will do it again.

Your scars will heal some the first few years. In the meantime use retin-A/renova/ trention

There is no *fast* when it comes to removing scars

#4 vc96

vc96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

use slices of lemons or lemon juice and apply to the scars
search "Lemon Juice" on this site for more info
i had the same problem but they've been clearing away real fast with lemon juice

#5 hoursafter

hoursafter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

TCA Peels or Vbeam, although the most effective tool is time. Which works very well on simple redmarks, I'm sure you'll be happy with their appearance in a year or less.

#6 Drizzler

Drizzler

Man of the Mountains

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I too have plenty of red marks on my chest and neck, they are especially apparent after a shower or exercise/sweating. Unfortunately for me though I haven't been able to stop new ones from coming... can I ask what medication you took that worked for you?

#7 hoursafter

hoursafter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Accutane. Do it and be free.

#8 doss

doss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Geronimo @ May 19 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody......?

Hey buddy, It sounds like youve got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, These are not permanent scars like hypertrophic/atrophic or keloid scars. So consider yourself lucky! They may take up to a year to fade away, but they will fade completely. I had this type of scarring, I found that being out in the sun and tanning with suncream helped fade my scars. But most people will ttell you not to expose scars to the sun within 6 months to a year of getting them. It's up to u.

#9 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:42 AM

doss is right, they will fade completly in time ... can even take up to a year

i had a really dark mark on my arm but has nearly gone now ... its been about 5 -6 months

i recommend you just leave them alone ... plus there on your chest and shoulders so can easily be covered up with clothing

#10 Helio

Helio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

I have found that doing 20% TCA Peels plus tons of moisturizer has been helping!

#11 mccoy110c

mccoy110c

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

Try Glytone's glycolic acid keratosis pelaris kit. It has a cleanser and lotion w/very high percentages of glycolic acid - it fades hyperpigmentation (red or brown marks left after injury) really well. You can also use 8 - 12% tca directly on the spots but discontinue the Glytone 3 days before and don't start reusing it until the skin starts to peel (10-14 days later).

Good luck! Trust me this really works!

#12 E. Foxx

E. Foxx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (doss @ Dec 20 2008, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Geronimo @ May 19 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody......?

Hey buddy, It sounds like youve got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, These are not permanent scars like hypertrophic/atrophic or keloid scars. So consider yourself lucky! They may take up to a year to fade away, but they will fade completely. I had this type of scarring, I found that being out in the sun and tanning with suncream helped fade my scars. But most people will ttell you not to expose scars to the sun within 6 months to a year of getting them. It's up to u.

Hey, I've noticed this too. It's true that the scars can get darker while using UV light, but also it can help fade them in the long run. I also hear the UV rays can speed up aging of the skin, and damaging it on a molecular lever, damaging the myelin, which is the skin's building block and over-all repair mechanism. I'm currently going to try the Vitamin E and Baking Soda Routine. Found it at Livestrong.com.

#13 sosc

sosc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

I've been seeing that people have a lot of luck
with apple cider vinegar. I just started using it
myself this week and hope that I can remove
the acne scars on my back within 12 weeks.
I'm not really sure what to expect.

#14 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:09 AM

Hi

I would suggest using glycolic acid products. Basically an AHA will do the job. It will take time though. I've read some reviews where people used Alpha Hydrox's products on their back since it contains about 10% glycolic acid.