Photo

Is this regimen advisable & will it clog my pores?

vitamin e

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 pyr0maniac

pyr0maniac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:35 PM

I've been on minocycline & differin for 4 months, and clindamycin for 1 month and I'm still getting outbreaks, mostly in the T-zone, so I think it time for a new regimen. I have two months left on minocycline, so I'll finish the 6 months and not take it again.

So here is the regimen:

AM:
Cleanse with cetaphil
Salicylic acid 2%
wait 5 minutes
Differin (0.1%)

PM:
Cleanse with cetaphil
Finacea
Moisturise with "Intense repairing lotion":

Ingredients: (Common and Scientific Names): Distilled Water, Aloe Vera Juice (Inner Leaf Gel), Emulsifying Wax (Plant Source), Stearic Acid (Plant Source), Glycerin, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Emu Oil (Certified), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Rosehip Oil (Rosa Moschata), Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Borage Oil (Borago Officinalis), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Silk Amino Acids, Preservative (Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), Vitamin E.

I was also thinking of adding 2.5% BP gel in there somewhere but I'm not sure where it will fit.

And phototoxicity is of no concern as I only spend roughly 15 minutes a weekday in the sun.

Also, should I continue using clindamycin?

#2 sunny123

sunny123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

Wow, you're using differn, salicylic acid, and Finacea? Are you having any irritation or redness, peeling?

#3 pyr0maniac

pyr0maniac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:48 AM

No not yet, I was just after opinions on the new regimen, at the moment however I am using Salicylic & Differin in the morning, at first my skin was irritated easily, but now no irritation. I get occasional redness but no peeling at all. And occasionally I get irritation but only following shaving or microdermabrasion.

My current regimen looks like this http://www.acne.org/...p...=194296&hl=

#4 sunny123

sunny123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:38 AM

Here's my thought. T-zone breakouts to me suggest excess oil. Have you thought about washing your face three times a day? I started doing that and it helps, my skin is so damn oily. If you're using Cetaphil, it's gentle enough, so I don't think it will be too irritating. (Honestly, I even wash my face sometimes 4 times a day, basically every six hours, if it starts getting greasy.)

Also, I think maybe you should switch the differin to night time and finacea to am. So maybe AM cleanse/finacea, noon cleanse/salicylic, and pm cleanse/differin.

Oh, and drop the clindamycin. If you're not having an initial breakout from the differin you probably don't need it. sounds like it's not doing much for you anyway...

#5 AcneAdviser

AcneAdviser

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (pyr0maniac @ May 10 2008, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been on minocycline & differin for 4 months, and clindamycin for 1 month and I'm still getting outbreaks, mostly in the T-zone, so I think it time for a new regimen. I have two months left on minocycline, so I'll finish the 6 months and not take it again.

So here is the regimen:

AM:
Cleanse with cetaphil
Salicylic acid 2%
wait 5 minutes
Differin (0.1%)

PM:
Cleanse with cetaphil
Finacea
Moisturise with "Intense repairing lotion":

Ingredients: (Common and Scientific Names): Distilled Water, Aloe Vera Juice (Inner Leaf Gel), Emulsifying Wax (Plant Source), Stearic Acid (Plant Source), Glycerin, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Emu Oil (Certified), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Rosehip Oil (Rosa Moschata), Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Borage Oil (Borago Officinalis), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Silk Amino Acids, Preservative (Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), Vitamin E.

I was also thinking of adding 2.5% BP gel in there somewhere but I'm not sure where it will fit.

And phototoxicity is of no concern as I only spend roughly 15 minutes a weekday in the sun.

Also, should I continue using clindamycin?

Dude forget your regiment look at the regiment i made up, personally i think its way better then Dan's. Checkout my recent post, its the one with "READ CAREFULLY!" on top of it. Ouh and would you do me the favour of spreading the word, i think this is some break through shit.

#6 pyr0maniac

pyr0maniac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:28 AM

thanx for the suggestions sunny, however I must disagree, the differin & Salicylic acid dry out my face all day long, so oiliness is not really an issue. Besides, being at work takes up most of my day and I like to get to bed early, so there can really only be two cycles.

I'm thinking I might increase the Salicylic acid to 3% (keralyt gel), seeing as my face rarely gets irritated. I strongly believe salicylic acid is just as effective as BP at controlling acne, without the associated dryness, bleaching, etc.

I know my regimen seems a bit mad, but my main goal is to "control" acne & restore evenness to my complexion and do-away with unsightly blemishes as a result of acne scarring. (Very) regular exfoliation & retinoids should help me achieve this should it not?

I also do very strong salicylic peels once every 2-4 weeks. That causes minor peeling to some areas of skin for roughly 5 days.

I am interested in that "NuCelle Moisturizer (5% Mandelic Acid)" in your signature, how is that working out for you?

#7 sunny123

sunny123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

I really like the NuCelle products. I am using the 5% mandelic acid, but they also sell 10% and 15% if you like something stronger.

There is a post called "NuCelle changed my life" on the whiteheads message board. Check it out. You would not believe the before and after pics!

#8 1Question

1Question

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

I'm sorry but what's the T-Zone??

#9 sunny123

sunny123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me