Photo

Sores on back of neck

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

Hi there.

I bought a new shirt and wore it to work on a Thursday. I was off of work the next day and decided to wear the same shirt again. I was also house/dog sitting that same weekend. The following Tuesday I was at my Moms place and commented that the back of my neck felt itchy. She looked at my neck and said that there were a couple rashes on it. Well come that SundaY (april 20) the back of my neck looked like hell. There were about 20 red spots on it..(it looks like crop circled with red edges on them). I went to a medi centre and he told me it thought it was scabies. The next day I went for a second opinion. He said it was just an allergic reaction to the new article of clothing and gave me betaderm cream. A week later I went back for another opinion and another doctor at the clinic said it looked like I had the herpes virus on my neck and sent me for some blood work and gave me fucidin cream. Nothing is helping whatsoever. I even went to see my derm and at the time she said it was herpes and gave me Valtrex. In the meantime the blood tests came back negative for that virus.

The back of my neck is so gross. The sores are deep red and painful. Painful when I have a shower. When I go out for the day I have to cover it with gauze b/c its so embarrassing. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Why can't the doctors pin point what virus on the back of my neck? In two months I am going to be the Godmother to my cousins baby and I hope and pray the sores have healed up by then but Im sure they wont. I am always so cursed with skin ailments its not even funny. I would rather have 20 whiteheads on my face vs deal with these ugly sores b/c atleast I know the whiteheads will heal.

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub
Garnier Toner

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector

Garnier Skin Renew Daily Moisturizer

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner
ExtraStrength Zincofax on any postacneic red marks

#2 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

Gosh now they are saying I have shingles....what a shitty year.....I nicely get over pneumonia......get this virus...and get into a car accident with the end result having my car written off.

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

#3 Xicanabear

Xicanabear

Pita-Bread

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

I have some of these too! They seem to be aggravated in times of stress....but I haven't gone to a derm, I should probably go too...
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win--Mahatma Ghandi"

#4 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:15 PM

Hi
Last Thursday I go see another dermatologist in the city. Atleast this one treats you like a person whereas the other one in the city treats you like a number. Anyway she said that I do not have shingles...just a very bad infection. She gave me bactroban ointment and some Nu Cephalex capsules for it. She took a swab as well. (amazing that the other doctors didnt). I go back to see her tomorrow..I just hope she has the test results back from the swab.

You know..if all of this was caused due to a stupid new shirt...which the label said Made in China...I will refuse to purchase any clothing made from there and also get in the habit of washing new clothing before I wear it. God only knows who has tried on the clothing prior to myself trying it on.

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

#5 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'm glad the doctor's done a swab. It's not usually done until a wound is proven difficult to heal or is unusual in other ways.

I hope the wound heals swiftly! It won't hurt at all to cover it with gauze with the bactroban on the gauze. Try to maintain very good cleanliness with towels and pillows and bed sheets just in case the wound cultures out something contagious.

I have read of other situations where some products cause allergic reactions in persons.

#6 dsrfgsertwe

dsrfgsertwe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

Buy nixoderm on ebay now and put it on the sores. I promise it'll work

#7 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (shipinabottle @ May 21 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy nixoderm on ebay now and put it on the sores. I promise it'll work

What is nixoderm?

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

#8 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Wynne @ May 21 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad the doctor's done a swab. It's not usually done until a wound is proven difficult to heal or is unusual in other ways.

I hope the wound heals swiftly! It won't hurt at all to cover it with gauze with the bactroban on the gauze. Try to maintain very good cleanliness with towels and pillows and bed sheets just in case the wound cultures out something contagious.

I have read of other situations where some products cause allergic reactions in persons.

So I went to the derm yesterday and the swab tests came back negative from the lab. No bacteria grew on anything so we are pinpointing these stupid sores from wearing my new shirt (before washing it) I never washed new clothing before wearing it for the first time. I have learnt my lesson the hard way for sure.

I am applying bioskincare cream to the sores. check out their website www.bioskincare.com and am starting some tanning sessions tomorrow to see if it will help heal and fade the ugly sores. I truly feel like an ugly duckling.

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

#9 Buku Ramandooku

Buku Ramandooku

Hello, my name buku, I'm taxi driver.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:24 AM

Sounds like an STD. maybe AIDS

#10 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Shandon5 @ May 23 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Wynne @ May 21 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I went to the derm yesterday and the swab tests came back negative from the lab. No bacteria grew on anything so we are pinpointing these stupid sores from wearing my new shirt (before washing it) I never washed new clothing before wearing it for the first time. I have learnt my lesson the hard way for sure.

I am applying bioskincare cream to the sores. check out their website www.bioskincare.com and am starting some tanning sessions tomorrow to see if it will help heal and fade the ugly sores. I truly feel like an ugly duckling.

I went for a VBeam treatment on Tues night. All the sores on my neck (all but one) have healed and I am left with red scarring and discoloration. I sure hope the VBEAM will do the trick. The unfortunate thing about this treatment is that their laser procedure has to BRUISE you in order to heal quicker. If one were to look at the back of my neck now..you'd think I got shot! lol

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner